Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark) Appreciation Thread!

Last edited by gwhh; 08-17-2014 at 07:29 AM.

I miss this Cassie!

Richard Alexander

Yeah this was the best WONDER GIRL costume cassie ever had.although I would have given her black boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I miss this Cassie!

Honestly, I don't think Cassie has had a bad costume. Tron one is close to being bad but it's so tron like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Cassie has had a bad costume. Tron one is close to being bad but it's so tron like.
    A Jim Lee design for Cassie that I wish had seen the light of day in some form. A bit youthful and innocent for the current Wonder tone

Ooh I like that one.

Could have been good as later on thing or at a party.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I don't think it's bad either, the problem however is that i think it's on the wrong person. Now I dont know for certain what Lobdell/Booth was aiming for with the design, but I agree with those that say that even with the best will in the world, a parasitic and possessive armor that shoots barbed wire, drains life, and is covered in a huge amount of spikes, is not the visuals of a heroic character that didn't come from the Spawn universe. Wolfman ofc tried to make it into an anti-Trigon tool... but I have to say I think Lobdell was probably aiming at it being something Trigon made himself, in the early phases it might even have been intended for Raven to go with the sword she never uses.

I wouldn't be opposed to Cassandra ditching it all together when she gets the chance to find out who she really is and what kind of power her bloodline actually has. And even then, the suit could live on, either by attaching itself to someone else like the Venom Symbiote did, or do like in Soul Calibur and animate itself, both cases resulting in an antagonist. in both cases the suit might want to get back onto Cassandra, due to being Zeus' granddaughter, get even with her for ditching it, or go the Wolfman route and have it go after Raven like a T1000.

Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Unfortunately there's just not a lot to appreciate about our current version of Cassie. I loved how she started out as a bit of a brat in Wonder Woman and grew to be an accomplished leader and heroine in her own right with strong ties to Wonder Woman. Our current one is sadly not any of those things...

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Unfortunately there's just not a lot to appreciate about our current version of Cassie. I loved how she started out as a bit of a brat in Wonder Woman and grew to be an accomplished leader and heroine in her own right with strong ties to Wonder Woman. Our current one is sadly not any of those things...
    She is still a leader in her own right and she's a lot better than TT Johns imo. Not as great or as cool as YJ Cassie or the Cassie the showed up in Wonder Woman but she's still a great character.She is a lot less whiny now and more assertive, independant and self confident than the TT version of Pre-52. Plus without Superboy now, she is basically 2nd in command and the heavy hitter which is awesome.

I have heard she is Lennox's daughter now, right? So Diana is supposed to be her aunt... Hope they will get to interact sooner or later...
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    I have heard she is Lennox's daughter now, right? So Diana is supposed to be her aunt... Hope they will get to interact sooner or later...
    I hope this happens to. I am scared of the new WW team but slightly excited that they will explore her world a bit more. I really want WW and WG to have a relationship.

I actually like the new WG as much as I liked the old one and I may be in the minority here but I love her new costume.