Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark) Appreciation Thread!

Last edited by gwhh; 08-17-2014 at 07:29 AM.

I miss this Cassie!

Richard Alexander

Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Unfortunately there's just not a lot to appreciate about our current version of Cassie. I loved how she started out as a bit of a brat in Wonder Woman and grew to be an accomplished leader and heroine in her own right with strong ties to Wonder Woman. Our current one is sadly not any of those things...

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Unfortunately there's just not a lot to appreciate about our current version of Cassie. I loved how she started out as a bit of a brat in Wonder Woman and grew to be an accomplished leader and heroine in her own right with strong ties to Wonder Woman. Our current one is sadly not any of those things...
    She is still a leader in her own right and she's a lot better than TT Johns imo. Not as great or as cool as YJ Cassie or the Cassie the showed up in Wonder Woman but she's still a great character.She is a lot less whiny now and more assertive, independant and self confident than the TT version of Pre-52. Plus without Superboy now, she is basically 2nd in command and the heavy hitter which is awesome.

I have heard she is Lennox's daughter now, right? So Diana is supposed to be her aunt... Hope they will get to interact sooner or later...
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    I have heard she is Lennox's daughter now, right? So Diana is supposed to be her aunt... Hope they will get to interact sooner or later...
    I hope this happens to. I am scared of the new WW team but slightly excited that they will explore her world a bit more. I really want WW and WG to have a relationship.

I actually like the new WG as much as I liked the old one and I may be in the minority here but I love her new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    I hope this happens to. I am scared of the new WW team but slightly excited that they will explore her world a bit more. I really want WW and WG to have a relationship.

I actually like the new WG as much as I liked the old one and I may be in the minority here but I love her new costume.
    Yeah I like it compared to all of the old ones.

Well there are rumours that a new powerhouse for the TT. Part of me is like eh because two people with super strength...you know but we will see. Also would have loved to see current TT in Cooke's variants inside of 60's TT but eh.

Pre-reboot I liked Cassie. However, the DCnU Wonder Girl has been less than stellar in my opinion. I just haven't connected with her the way I did with her previous incarnation. Hopefully this will change.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

Does she HAVE to wear her bracelets or is that just a symbol of her background and heritage? If she did NOT wear them, would so go crazy like the other amazons when they take them off?

Incredible Member

My only problem with New 52 Cassie is she has no connection to Wonder Woman by hat they never met.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My only problem with New 52 Cassie is she has no connection to Wonder Woman by hat they never met.
    Cassie is Diana's niece. I think. They will meet in time.

So Cassie could be outshone by the new Power Girl due to similar roles as heavy hitters which kind of sucks.