Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    If we were to keep the demigoddess angle, I'd like Cassie to have a limited control over lightning, I think the Lasso and whole Ares thing could work well if well-written (it never is), but I think it was you who said there were too many lassos, so Cassie could develop her new powers while growing up. It's a shame that when/if she comes back her whole relationship with Artemis will be lost forever.
    Yeah this might be where we agree to build parallel elseworlds. I'm pretty hardheaded at this point in that I prefer the demigoddess Diana retcon and the artifact-armored Cassandra reimagining. I do think your other ideas are great though. I'd give her a sword and shield, but I think her actual weapon should be a mysterious bow that fires thunderbolts.

If Cass is going to have a friendship/mentorship with an Olympian, I'd prefer Hephaestus. He's the origin of all her toys, and he should teach her how to make her own.

Obviously, Julia Sandsmark would be a global archaeologist, so Cassandra would end up with Norse, Egyptian, Yoruban, Chinese, Hindu artifacts available to her, with all the proper global adventures that would be appropriate.

How important is it to you that Cassandra is blond?
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-12-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's the Slade Family, love to hate it but I stopped reading it when Deathstroke murdered Power Girl 2's dog.
    That's the best reason to stop reading a book ever!

EDIT:Very loosely connected but I actually love Tanya Spears( and Miguel 'bunker' barrigan) and enjoyed her interactions with Cassie.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    That's the best reason to stop reading a book ever!
    It really was. Out of all the horrible things Slade has done in the title, killing a little girl's dog just to make a point was by far the worst.

BANNED

It really was. Out of all the horrible things Slade has done in the title, killing a little girl's dog just to make a point was by far the worst.
    In the title? From what I've heard, yes. Throughout his existence? Probably wouldn't even make the top 5.

I'd love to see Ravager fight Wonder Girl. It seems like an easy win for Cassie but Rose could surprise us all and that would make for a great story. If she ever gets another miniseries, Wonder Girl should branch out to the wider DCU. Supergirl could still be her best friend, but Wonder Girl needs a rival that's not truly a villain, like Rogue's complicated relationship with Carol Danvers. I don't think that's Vanessa but your mileage may vary. Someone like Maxima could work well. Her major villain should be Devastation. She's a good character that's not being used, much like our Cassandra.
    Honestly, with the right story, you could write Deva as a semi-villain or anti-hero. The old standby of fighting a common enemy seems like a good option. The question is what villain is stupid/brave enough to try to take out Deva.

But yeah, Rose Wilson... I remember seeing her fight Bombshell. THAT was an interesting fight. Rose didn't win, but... Amy came out looking like a total idiot. At any rate, Rose has a superpower(short term precognition), and the kind of power Batman can't duplicate with tech, AND the sort of power that makes using specialized weapons even better.
    Is that by Michael Turner?

Yeah, that's Michael Turner from Supergirl's series after her training on Themyscira.

I liked that Cassie had the lightning lasso. It was unique in its own right, but still a nice homage to Diana having a lasso. I also liked the barbwire lasso she used in the DCnU 52. Did that lasso also have the ability to generate lightning. I kinda didn't bother reading too much of the Teen Titans post the 52-reboot.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yeah this might be where we agree to build parallel elseworlds. I'm pretty hardheaded at this point in that I prefer the demigoddess Diana retcon and the artifact-armored Cassandra reimagining. I do think your other ideas are great though. I'd give her a sword and shield, but I think her actual weapon should be a mysterious bow that fires thunderbolts.

If Cass is going to have a friendship/mentorship with an Olympian, I'd prefer Hephaestus. He's the origin of all her toys, and he should teach her how to make her own.

Obviously, Julia Sandsmark would be a global archaeologist, so Cassandra would end up with Norse, Egyptian, Yoruban, Chinese, Hindu artifacts available to her, with all the proper global adventures that would be appropriate.

How important is it to you that Cassandra is blond?
    Hm. For me "racebending" it's not important – i don't care if she's blonde, I don't think that really matters when it comes to her character, n52 Cassie was blonde and I don't consider her the same as pren52 Cassie. She could be Latina, brunette, black, Asian, and I'd be alright with it

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Hm. For me "racebending" it's not important – i don't care if she's blonde, I don't think that really matters when it comes to her character, n52 Cassie was blonde and I don't consider her the same as pren52 Cassie. She could be Latina, brunette, black, Asian, and I'd be alright with it
    She's Asian and blonde in Bombshells, funnily enough .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's Asian and blonde in Bombshells, funnily enough .
    I saw it! Can't wait

Attachment 52942
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Is that by Michael Turner?
    Not Michael Turner.
    Thats Ian Churchill artwork. I remember thinking his style completely unsuitable for teenage female protagonists. He's closer in style to the muscle-y Rob Liefield variety - but with better drafting skills.
    http://www.ianchurchillart.com

BANNED

Speaking of Cassandra's friendzone... I still can't make up my mind if it's good or bad that both Johns and Lobdell tried to make her and Raven build a thing? I'm a big conflicted purely because so little was done with it under Johns... and Lobdell ofc had Cassandra be a professional thief and Raven was acting as her fence. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Attachment 52942
    Not Michael Turner.
    Thats Ian Churchill artwork. I remember thinking his style completely unsuitable for teenage female protagonists. He's closer in style to the muscle-y Rob Liefield variety - but with better drafting skills.
    Oh, is he the guy who did the Powerboy story? The one thing about that that felt off was how people made a point of talking about how she was under 18... the art did not look like under 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Speaking of Cassandra's friendzone... I still can't make up my mind if it's good or bad that both Johns and Lobdell tried to make her and Raven build a thing? I'm a big conflicted purely because so little was done with it under Johns... and Lobdell ofc had Cassandra be a professional thief and Raven was acting as her fence. :S
    He probably played a LOT of Tomb Raider. Kinda like the guy who did the story where Shiklah went rummaging in tombs for buried artifacts. Shiklah actually dressed like Lara Croft.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Attachment 52942

Not Michael Turner.
    You're right, I forgot about Churchill. Sorry for the misinformation, thanks for the correction. I was thinking the stylized long hair was a Turner trait but it was Churchill.

You're right, I forgot about Churchill. Sorry for the misinformation, thanks for the correction. I was thinking the stylized long hair was a Turner trait but it was Churchill.
    It's a similar art style to be sure.