Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

I think WW mythos is in a place where the continuity doesn't matter that much, since it's such a mess. I know I don't want another "it was all a lie! This is not the origin!" situation, so I would DEFINITELY take a good writer ("Please welcome Tom King! lol") that tells a good story involving the wonder family, even if we have to forget some things that happened before under the pen of people who didn't do the title any good.

Honestly, it will not matter what happens to Diana or Wonder Woman family. Let's face they have always been screwed over. She needs her on an editor to deal with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I think WW mythos is in a place where the continuity doesn't matter that much, since it's such a mess. I know I don't want another "it was all a lie! This is not the origin!" situation, so I would DEFINITELY take a good writer ("Please welcome Tom King! lol") that tells a good story involving the wonder family, even if we have to forget some things that happened before under the pen of people who didn't do the title any good.
    I agree Joao, and we’re already kind of doing what you’ve said in terms in being “selective” about what’s in the Wonder mythos or not... I’d be happy to blame Doctor Manhattan for the Wonder mess and use his changes for reconstructing Diana’s origin and tying Donna and Cassie more directly and substantively to the Wonder mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Honestly, it will not matter what happens to Diana or Wonder Woman family. Let's face they have always been screwed over. She needs her on an editor to deal with issues.
    That and a Bendis-like creator who is passionate about the character and her supporting characters and her world and creativity wants to explore it through thrilling stories and resonating themes.

Someone like would be a godsend (no pun intended) for Diana, Steve, Etta, Hippolyta, and her villains. People like that’s creativity is infectious to companies and readers alike.

I mean There is no real connection to her city or the place where she lives. It;s important to not retcon anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I agree Joao, and we’re already kind of doing what you’ve said in terms in being “selective” about what’s in the Wonder mythos or not... I’d be happy to blame Doctor Manhattan for the Wonder mess and use his changes for reconstructing Diana’s origin and tying Donna and Cassie more directly and substantively to the Wonder mythos.
    We are, aren't we?

Me when people talk about Jason:

Anyway, it would be nice to have a good selection of elements made official. It would make our lives easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    We are, aren't we?

Me when people talk about Jason:

Anyway, it would be nice to have a good selection of elements made official. It would make our lives easier.
    LOLOL

Agreed.

I mean There is no real connection to her city or the place where she lives. It;s important to not retcon anything.
    I think retcons should happen just to streamline things a bit regarding her origins, etc. I'm all for giving her her own city too, to operate out of. It's time and she's a member of the Trinity, she deserves it.

By retcon I mean how many writers somewhat retcon to rebuild a foundation that was already there

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I think retcons should happen just to streamline things a bit regarding her origins, etc. I'm all for giving her her own city too, to operate out of. It's time and she's a member of the Trinity, she deserves it.
    She kind of has one in Washington, D.C. A.R.G.U.S. is there and her beach house in on the Virginia coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She kind of has one in Washington, D.C. A.R.G.U.S. is there and her beach house in on the Virginia coast.
    Yeah, kinda, sorta-ish. Haha... Those spots are just not my preference. I want her city to be on the West Coast (for a different vibe than Supes and Bats), for ARGUS to move west as well, and for the city to be something mythically akin to Metropolis and Gotham. I know it'd take a lot to get there, in terms of as being as important as Metro or Goth is, but you have to start somewhere.

By retcon I mean how many writers somewhat retcon to rebuild a foundation that was already there
    Ah, I see. I agree in terms of that to a point, because retcons are always going to happen. I just think Wonder Woman needs a newer, more solid-er foundation to grown on, that's expansive in ideas and concepts for her to explore. We received some of that in Year One and The Lies, but it was also a little murky. (To me anyway.)

Retcons that are massively drastic are problematic because they remove the ability to follow old plot lines. :/ For example, ANY story from the past that made reference to magic Themiscyran clay is something that you'd have to adapt in some way to write a followup to.

The only problem is writers don't want to do that. I would love to see some Amazons use magic. I mean how awesome what it be to see various forms of what makes the Amazon army? I mean we can't have them use any advance tech or magic? I'm not saying all the Amazons should use magic rather there are certain numbers of them. Some like Hippolyta could use defense magic? Also What about her girdle? That was a magically item.

Yeah, the old-school comics, and even the NEW takes such as Superhero Girls, have the Amazons as users of magic in subtle ways. None of that stereotypical fire-ball throwing wizard stuff, more like paladins using their faith to channel the power of their patron deity.