Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

I can't remember but who revealed Cassie as Zeus'daughter again?

Have we even seen an IN-CONTINUITY Cassie since Rebirth? I know we saw the Titans Tommorrow Cassie in a recent arc somewhere...but nothing of the "real" her.
    That kind of opens up all possibilities for when she does appear, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The only problem is writers don't want to do that. I would love to see some Amazons use magic. I mean how awesome what it be to see various forms of what makes the Amazon army? I mean we can't have them use any advance tech or magic? I'm not saying all the Amazons should use magic rather there are certain numbers of them. Some like Hippolyta could use defense magic? Also What about her girdle? That was a magically item.
    I was not a fan of this idea but it started to grow on me, especially if they channel the power of the gods like marhawkman said or use other magic items available on Themyscira. It would expand the amazons mythology, like Geoff Johns expanded the Lanterns'.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I can't remember but who revealed Cassie as Zeus'daughter again?
    A reality and a Flashpoint ago, I believe it was Zeus who revealed it to Cassie at one point. IIRC Helena didn’t know that Zeus was her lover/Cassie’s dad. I don’t remember Helena really talking about the guy’s identity at all during the story.

Zeus also put the condition on Cassie that Helena could remove her powers for periods of time or through touch or something if Helena wanted to. I don’t think that last bit lasted too long.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Have we even seen an IN-CONTINUITY Cassie since Rebirth? I know we saw the Titans Tommorrow Cassie in a recent arc somewhere...but nothing of the "real" her.
    That kind of opens up all possibilities for when she does appear, doesn't it?
    No, I don’t think we have. So maybe she can escape poor Donna’s Rebirth fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I was not a fan of this idea but it started to grow on me, especially if they channel the power of the gods like marhawkman said or use other magic items available on Themyscira. It would expand the amazons mythology, like Geoff Johns expanded the Lanterns'.
    It’s grown on me too in a limited way...in that I just want a few Amazons skilled at different types of magic. My thinking is a few makes sense, similar to how there’s a relatively small population of people in Patriach’s World that are adept at sorcery.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    A reality and a Flashpoint ago, I believe it was Zeus who revealed it to Cassie at one point. IIRC Helena didn’t know that Zeus was her lover/Cassie’s dad. I don’t remember Helena really talking about the guy’s identity at all during the story.

Zeus also put the condition on Cassie that Helena could remove her powers for periods of time or through touch or something if Helena wanted to. I don’t think that last bit lasted too long.
    Initially, Cassie had no powers of her own and she was borrowing power from Zeus. It was that power her mother could negate. Later when Zeus left the mortal realm Cassie lost her powers because Zeus wasn't there to provide them. But Ares let her borrow some of his power.... with an evil twist to it of course. this lead to Cassie fighting her nephew Lycus, a demi-god sired by Ares centuries ago. Cassie beat him by discarding the power given her by Ares(since Lycus was feeding off it) and awakening her latent innate powers as a daughter of Zeus. IIRC this happened in Teen Titans.

As for what writer wrote that... Teen Titans Vol 3 #62-65 was written by Sean McKeever.

Should Cassie be able to not have to worry about getting her powers taken? I mean Diana is Zeus's daughter and she still has her own power

Well, that's an interesting wrinkle.... except for the issues following that story, Cassie has generally used powers that weren't really hers. So one could say she traditionally does need to worry about it, although it's only actually happened once.

Sorry, I meant who was the writer that revealed Cassie was Zeus' daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry, I meant who was the writer that revealed Cassie was Zeus' daughter.
    Not sure, but it's a plot element that existed for years. It may actually have been the reason Zeus granted her powers in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Not sure, but it's a plot element that existed for years. It may actually have been the reason Zeus granted her powers in the first place.
    IIRC it was a scene between Cassie and Zeus during the Byrne run. At some point she stopped using the Gauntlet of Atlas and Sandals of Hermes and I think that was before she ever joined Kon, Bart, and Tim in Young Justice.

I looked up some images....it looks like:

Byrne in Wonder Woman - Cassie empowers herself with the Gauntlet of Atlas and Sandals of Hermes.
    Byrne in Wonder Woman - Cassie, while visiting Olympus, asks Zeus for powers and he's like "you bold and cheeky upstart, here you go" and gives her powers.
    McKeever in Teen Titans - Cassie makes a deal with the devil, Ares, and what marhawkman references above happens.
    Rucka in Wonder Woman (I think) - Zeus comes clean and says he's her father, her mother didn't want her to know, and she's had the power all along like and Amazon Dorothy Gale. (I think it's Rucka's run, because Diana is there wth her on Olympus, blindfolded after blinding herself with Medusa's serpent extensions, and Ferdinand seems to being hanging around and I remember Rucka had Diana, Cassie, and Ferdinand go on an adventure together. But, it could be a recap page from another book.)

Despite the twists and turns of Cassie getting her powers pre-Flashpoint, I find it a much better origin than the DCnU schlock we were served.

Yeah, kinda, sorta-ish. Haha... Those spots are just not my preference. I want her city to be on the West Coast (for a different vibe than Supes and Bats), for ARGUS to move west as well, and for the city to be something mythically akin to Metropolis and Gotham. I know it'd take a lot to get there, in terms of as being as important as Metro or Goth is, but you have to start somewhere.
    I understand, I just love D.C. for the architecture being reminiscent of Themyscira and as a callback to past WW comics. She's a political force so to me it makes sense she'd go to the seat of power.

I looked up some images....it looks like:

Byrne in Wonder Woman - Cassie empowers herself with the Gauntlet of Atlas and Sandals of Hermes.
    Byrne in Wonder Woman - Cassie, while visiting Olympus, asks Zeus for powers and he's like "you bold and cheeky upstart, here you go" and gives her powers.
    McKeever in Teen Titans - Cassie makes a deal with the devil, Ares, and what marhawkman references above happens.
    Rucka in Wonder Woman (I think) - Zeus comes clean and says he's her father, her mother didn't want her to know, and she's had the power all along like and Amazon Dorothy Gale. (I think it's Rucka's run, because Diana is there wth her on Olympus, blindfolded after blinding herself with Medusa's serpent extensions, and Ferdinand seems to being hanging around and I remember Rucka had Diana, Cassie, and Ferdinand go on an adventure together. But, it could be a recap page from another book.)

Despite the twists and turns of Cassie getting her powers pre-Flashpoint, I find it a much better origin than the DCnU schlock we were served.
    Yeah it was in Rucka's Bronze Doors story arc.

I want the lightning lasso back too, it was somehow better than the barbwire one.