Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I think it'd be cool if they made Donna and Cassie actual sisters in the cannon DCU.
    I'd be whatever about it tbh, I don't feel like blood should define if they are sisters or not, but rather the way they feel about each other should determine if they are sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'd be whatever about it tbh, I don't feel like blood should define if they are sisters or not, but rather the way they feel about each other should determine if they are sisters.
    Which is the Amazon way .

I also think if Donna should be anyone's blood-sister, it should be Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Well, if they're both daughters of Zeus.... then they're at least half sisters.

she casts Cassie Sandsmark and Donna Troy, two characters who have carried the Wonder Girl moniker, as second generation Japanese Americans whose friends and family are being held against their will.
    I can dig it. Sounds cool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, if they're both daughters of Zeus.... then they're at least half sisters.
    I actually like that idea better (them being half-siblings) myself.

BANNED

You know, if you tried telling someone who got into comics with Johns run or the Nu52 that THIS was what Cassie originally looked like, they might not believe you.

cassie sand.jpg
    Last edited by Assam; 07-07-2017 at 12:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You know, if you tried telling someone who got into comics with Johns run or the Nu52 that THIS was what Cassie originally looked like, they might not believe you.

cassie sand.jpg
    Once upon a time, Cassandra Sandsmark was a tomboy.

Though we cant really fault Johns for changing this bit since it had already happened over the course of Young Justice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

Though we cant really fault Johns for changing this bit since it had already happened over the course of Young Justice.
    I disagree. David changed Cassie's style overtime to reflect her development as a character and a leader, displaying the confidence she had grown. She didn't dress in a "feminine" way, and right to the end she was a strong leader. I completely blame Johns's run , as that was where 1) she DID completely lose her tomboy qualities, 2) She was replaced with a weak willed bodysnatcher whose life revolved around Kon, and 3) artists started forgetting what the chest size of a 14-16 year girl is.

BANNED

I disagree. David changed Cassie's style overtime to reflect her development as a character and a leader, displaying the confidence she had grown. She didn't dress in a "feminine" way, and right to the end she was a strong leader. I completely blame Johns's run , as that was where 1) she DID completely lose her tomboy qualities, 2) She was replaced with a weak willed bodysnatcher whose life revolved around Kon, and 3) artists started forgetting what the chest size of a 14-16 year girl is.
    Dunno about you, but I dont see much tomboy over this:

cassie sand.jpg
    Huh. Reminds me a lot of Nessie...

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Dunno about you, but I dont see much tomboy over this:
    I've always thought of Cassie as one of DC's biggest cute bruisers, and this image pretty much sums that up to me.

cassie sand.jpg
    Boy, I remember this, as mediocre Byrne's WW was, the run was the one that got me into Wondy comics.

Though I do like Johns' Cassie....when it's not written by him, Rucka wrote her really good in his first run of WW imo.

I love Cassie, but have been unable to enjoy her nu52 version. It's too far off what was envisioned for the character. I hope she (along with Donna Troy) exist as part of the Lies from Rucka's Wonder Woman arch and get Rebirthed.

I miss having a solid relationship and Wonder connection between Diana, Donna, and Cassie. (This stuff that's happened to them would never go down with the sidekicks in the Bat books.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    (This stuff that's happened to them would never go down with the sidekicks in the Bat books.)
    That's a joke, right? Nearly every member of the BatFamily has been killed and/or suffered from horrid editorial and writing decisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I miss having a solid relationship and Wonder connection between Diana, Donna, and Cassie. (This stuff that's happened to them would never go down with the sidekicks in the Bat books.)
    It did technically happen to Tim and Jason. Jason by being brought back as an outright villain. And Tim through the New 52 where he was less part of the family and simply treated as an intern who learned what he needed to learn and then left. Plus there is that ongoing debacle over Damian where writers and editors cant seem to decided if he is a monster, just a punk or has actually moved anywhere on the road of redemption.

BANNED

Just reposting my comment from a different thread back in June since it's Sandsmark related:

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Just woke up - I had this completely random dream of Giganta fighting Cassandra Sandsmark in Italy, maybe this takes place in Wonder Woman 2, and Cassie was holding Giganta's leg still but then she just got the crap stomped out of her - it was sweet. Diana shows up to find Cassie lying in a pile of rubble. I wasn't clear on if she survived or not. But Diana ends up defeating Giganta. Then my dream randomly changed again.

Man, I really want to see Giganta in the sequel even more than before. It didn't seem cheesy at all in my dream. I think It'll work on screen just great. That dream was so boss. = 3=