Spectacular Member

Default Do you annotate or make notes comics?

Some people find it easier to take notes or annotate comics to help them remember. Do you do this? If so, what kind of notes/annotations do you make?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I do a reaction post, that's about it. Used to have a blog that's kind of like a wiki, but I purged it after, over the years I realized DC doesn't give a **** about continuity and consistency.

Retired

I gave up annotating my comics when I realized I was ruining the resale value. Before that most of my annotations were masks on Bruce Wayne, glasses on Superman and hair on Lex Luthor.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I gave up annotating my comics when I realized I was ruining the resale value. Before that most of my annotations were masks on Bruce Wayne, glasses on Superman and hair on Lex Luthor.
    Hell yeah.

I don't do this but I do have a google doc where I keep track of the continuity of a certain character. For example I keep a list of every Gotham City civilian or location that appears in a Batman comic.

Ultimate Member

I only make notes when writing a fanfic about a character or group, and I want to remember certain details, and then all that junk gets memory-holed when the writing is done. Usually the original document sits around for awhile, but when I next upgrade computers, it gets left behind on the old hard-drive and becomes landfill. I'm not terribly sentimental.