5. Black Canary
    6. Catwoman
    7 Hawkgiirl/Hawkwoman (the redhead)
    8. Harley Quinn
    9. Starfire
    10. Donna Troy

Honorable mentions: Power Girl
    Non-comics:

1) Lois Lane - it's not as close as you would think, either, due to her three decades of cartoons, radio, television, Broadway, and movie serials before Diana ever made it out of the comics for the first time.

2) Wonder Woman - comfortably #2 and may make it to the top in the near future based on her movie roles.

3) Supergirl - the next two on my list actually have more appearances beyond comics than Kara, but starring in her own show and movie has its benefits.

4) Martha Kent

5) Lana Lang

6) Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)

7) Catwoman

8) Harley Quinn

9) Starfire

10) Raven

Honarable mention: Chloe Sullivan
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I wouldn't call Harley "iconic". Heavily pushed, yes, iconic, no.
    Whether or not you think she qualifies as "iconic," it's a mistake to simply call her "heavily pushed." She's had a huge impact on fandom and her popularity cannot be denied. DC is just trying to capitalize on her popularity, which goes beyond comic books. Which is why I do think she qualifies. Going off the literal definition, I think it's not about a character simply being popular or well-known, but a character becomes an icon because they come to represent something bigger than themselves, whether it's a group of people or a mentality.(which Harley does) Personally, I don't think DC even has 10 female icons. My list:
    -- Wonder Woman
    -- Lois Lane
    -- Supergirl
    -- Catwoman
    -- Batgirl
    -- Harley Quinn
    -- Death
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-08-2020 at 05:57 PM.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

1) Wonder Woman
    2)Batgirl
    3)Powergirl
    4)Mera
    5)Donna Troy
    6)Zatanna
    7)Black Canary
    8)Catwoman
    9)Mary Marvel
    10)Hawkgirl
    Maybe not in that order exactly but they are the most iconic
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

A lot of people are underestimating how popular Raven is with younger audiences. The gloomy goth girl with family issues still resonates big time.

BANNED

1. Starfire
    2. Raven
    3. Batgirl
    4. Catwoman
    5. Lois Lane
    6. Harley Quinn
    7. Supergirl
    8. Wonder Woman
    9. Black Canary
    10. Mera

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A lot of people are underestimating how popular Raven is with younger audiences. The gloomy goth girl with family issues still resonates big time.
    Unless they have seen the Teen Titans cartoon, I don't know anyone who knows about Raven. Which means that essentially that like nobody under 22 or older than like 30 knows about her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    To be fair only people who watch the original Teen Titans cartoon love her. So I think people in their 20s are the only fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Unless they have seen the Teen Titans cartoon, I don't know anyone who knows about Raven. Which means that essentially that like nobody under 22 or older than like 30 knows about her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    To be fair only people who watch the original Teen Titans cartoon love her. So I think people in their 20s are the only fans.

Raven appears in Teen Titans Go which is one of Cartoon Network's most watched shows. Add in re-runs of the first Teen Titans show and she has a very large audience.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-09-2020 at 09:07 AM.

In no particular order

Lois Lane

Wonder Woman

Catwoman

Harley Quinn

Zatanna

Black canary

Starfire

Raven

Supergirl

Mera

I'm surprised there's only one mention (that I noticed) of Martha Kent, and nobody said Martha Wayne?!? (Hell, any time Batman's origin is mentioned, you've got to have dead Martha Wayne lying in the street!)

And even before Bendis started using her in Justice League, shouldn't Hippolyta be up there in terms of "iconic"?

Mighty Member

Comics and not Comics fans together:
    1. Wonder Woman, this shouldn't even be debatable, even my great grandma could recognize her immediately.
    2. Lois Lane/Catwoman, this also not.
    -
    3. Supergirl, and this not either.
    -
    4. Batgirl
    -
    5. Harley Quinn, in a bit of a forced way, but still and she is growing.
    -
    -
    6. Powergirl, less than Supergirl, but still pretty iconic.
    -
    7. Mera, also growing.
    8. Hawkgirl
    9. Black Canary
    -
    -
    -
    10.Starfire
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-07-2021 at 03:36 PM.

BANNED

I think it all depends on what you define as iconic and my opinion on the term would be you could go up to someone who doesn’t really follow comics or a lot of comic based properties but you could wear a shirt with a character on it and they’d be able to name the character because they’re that well known. I don’t honestly think there are 10 female characters in DC that fit that standard but characters I definitely see in people’s minds because of pop culture are

1.) Wonder Woman (Movies, Cartoons, Video Games, T-shirt’s, Parodies, you name something an iconic character has and she’s probably does as well in some extent) she’s building her way to have a trilogy film wise as well.

2.) Lois Lane I think if you asked anyone who Superman’s love interest is you’d easily get Lois Lane. Given how big Superman is it only makes sense that a character so tied to his mythos as his main love interest feeds off that iconic status.

3.) Catwoman it’s almost the same situation with Lois as it is with Catwoman. Selina Kyle is pretty much the love interest of Batman that most people know about. For better or worse she’s had her own movie, she’s appeared in video games as a playable character and she’s in most if not all of the Batman cartoons.

4.) Harley Quinn I feel like Harley could be honestly anywhere on this list if it was based off popularity but the fact that she’s just recently been heavily prominent in comparison with the first 3 I wouldn’t call her more iconic than Diana, Lois or Selina. Harley could be more of a solo act in contrast with someone like Lois but she’s also more tied to the Suicide Squad than she is a solo character. She’s definitely a character I could see people recognizing off a shirt though.

5-6.) Supergirl and Batgirl I’d imagine Supergirl would be slightly if not more so ahead but these two are definitely characters I see people recognizing off seeing on a shirt

After this I’d argue the other ones are possibly iconic

7.) Hawkgirl the JL cartoon did wonders for her and I have friends who know the character solely because of that.

8-9.) Starfire and Raven off the TT cartoons it’s kind of hard not to recognize the characters with orange or grey skin I feel like those appearance details from the cartoons make them pop out more and people who might not read comics would recognize them because of those said cartoons.

I already thought 7-9 was questionable as iconic. They’re not really characters with long running storylines and I don’t see them supporting more than a miniseries most of the time. The only reason I’d mention them is because there pretense in outside media has people knowing who they are to some extent.

I think 10 could be up in the air but my guess would be Black Canary or Zatanna could even be one of Batman’s other female characters like Batwoman, Poison Ivy, or Wonder Woman’s villain Cheetah.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Not in order:

1. Wonder Woman
    2. Batgirl
    3. Supergirl
    4. *Starfire
    5. *Raven
    6. Catwoman
    7. *Poison Ivy
    8. Harley Quinn
    9. Lois Lane

I only got 9 but probably really 6. Poison Ivy is hanging on a thread here but I do think she has some type of iconic status especially in the realm of villains. Raven and Starfire seem to be more for the younger ages but they too seem very iffy. I don't think Black Canary is iconic yet. A recognizable face yes, but not iconic. I agree with Harley being more pushed than Iconic but since she's practically everywhere now I guess you can't argue against her.

Edit- I kinda want to put Amanda Waller as an honorable mention.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 04-07-2021 at 04:14 PM.