Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Simple, because the roster has historically always been changing so it's hard to put an identifyible face to the team. (Ie the most notable original members, Black Lightning, Katana, have gone long stretches without being on the team)
    Not really apart from the incarnation with Dick as Team leader, Black Lighting and Katana have iirc on very incarnation of the team and and Halo,Geoforce and Metamorpho (and Looker?) were also pretty frequently on the team.

And most members spend their time without the team in Limbo.
    - Black Lighting had a few solos (barely more then mini series) and was for a short time on the JLA.
    - Katana had post Flashpoint (during the time when the Outsiders were out of Continuity) a mini, was shortly on BoP and on the Suicide Squad.
    - Metamorpho is probaly the one with the Most comics apart from the Outsiders, but I'm not that familiar with that character

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Because Brave and the Bold and Beware the Batman where the only shows to use the Outsiders before YJ and neither were very popular cartoons.
    Brave and the Bold ran for 3 seasons and got it's own crossover movie with Scooby-Doo. It was popular.

Beware barely got to run long enough to gain any kind of popularity.

Astonishing Member

Outsiders are barely used in and out of comics with the exception of Black Lightning and Katana.

I always wondered if the Outsiders would benefit from a makeover like how the Teen Titans were remade into the New Teen Titans back in the 80s.

Honestly, I never cared for the shared cinematic universe approach even before Man of Steel, and most of the things that make most Batman fans want it are things I don't need or want - Dick Grayson, blegh.
    But the chance for the Outsiders is one of the few things that could make me jump on the DCEU bandwagon if it was actually both built up to and done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really apart from the incarnation with Dick as Team leader, Black Lighting and Katana have iirc on very incarnation of the team and and Halo,Geoforce and Metamorpho (and Looker?) were also pretty frequently on the team.

- Black Lighting had a few solos (barely more then mini series) and was for a short time on the JLA.
    - Katana had post Flashpoint (during the time when the Outsiders were out of Continuity) a mini, was shortly on BoP and on the Suicide Squad.
    - Metamorpho is probaly the one with the Most comics apart from the Outsiders, but I'm not that familiar with that character
    Most recently, he was one of the Terrifics - which gives him a good excuse for not being in the current Outsiders book. Geo-Force has no such excuse, and really should've shown up since some scenes do happen in Markovia!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Most recently, he was one of the Terrifics - which gives him a good excuse for not being in the current Outsiders book. Geo-Force has no such excuse, and really should've shown up since some scenes do happen in Markovia!
    Most of the plot in the recent Batman and the Outsiders happened in Markovia, what the writer was thinking not having Geo-Force show up, I don't know. Though GF's absence wasn't the biggest problem with the current series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I'm not discussing popularity or solo series, I'm simply pointing out from the Wikepedia link, that the roster has frequently changed without core members, which helps explain why they have not caught on. If Black Lightning, Katana & Geo Force were consistently on the Outsiders roster, than the Outsiders would become more familiar to people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Outsiders_members