Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday 9/28

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/28/x-...swords-week-2/

AIPT: I’m sure Glob himself is upset. Now, speaking of tarot cards, is there a reason the Hellion Tarot is allowed on Krakoa even though she’s a precog? X-Fan Nick wanted to know.

Jordan: Well, first of all, the use of tarot–the not person–the cards thing, I think is kind of intentional in the sense that it’s working against that. That said, Tini does like to talk about the fact that tarot cards are not the future-telling cards. That’s not like the purpose of them. They are mostly a tool to examine the world and yourself. And you can use them to glean information that can possibly affect the future.

Now, generally speaking in stories, they are portrayed as 100% magical and they can literally tell the future. And in defense of that, yes, in this story, she literally turns over a card and sees a picture of people who are going to be in this story. So clearly, there’s some magic in these cards. Clearly, they have some foresight into the future. But I think that Tarot, the character, is not the world’s most powerful precog and that’s not the main thrust of her power.

And also, technically, she was alive before Krakoa started and the not wanting precogs on Krakoa isn’t like a public law. Nobody knows that that’s happening. Because if they did, they would go, “What? Why?” So I think it’s more of a subtle thing. So, my guess would be that they have done what they can to keep her from finding out the important things in some nefarious Xavier-and-Magneto way. And that if she ever did die again, it would be a question of where they would put her in the ranking of the resurrection waiting list.

Wiz Kid is soo cute

Is Lorna carrying Rockslide's head around?

Astonishing Member

Yay! More Lorna. Also I'm glad somebody remembered that Proteus is using Xavier's husk to contain himself.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris and Cecilia! Love seeing more of Cecilia.

Astonishing Member

I'm sure by raising the stakes he means that they'll probably make it very difficult for the mutants to access the resurrection ability

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yay! More Lorna. Also I'm glad somebody remembered that Proteus is using Xavier's husk to contain himself.
    wouldnt it make more sense for him to use logan's? if there is no effort in providing him a stable body he might as well be using his own body, I don't see the point in proteus wearing Xavier, I know for a fact that Moira did map his genome in the 90's, it was part of an excalibur storyline
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    wouldnt it make more sense for him to use logan's? if there is no effort in providing him a stable body he might as well be using his own body, I don't see the point in proteus wearing Xavier, I know for a fact that Moira did map his genome in the 90's, it was part of an excalibur storyline
    Well the exact wording is "genetic base of Charles Xavier" but I'm sure Hickman wouldn't have slipped that in there if he didn't want people to make a connection between the two. Something about Xavier's DNA probably makes a host created from his genetic base more stable then just your run-of-the-mill husk, for Proteus at least.

I'm sure by raising the stakes he means that they'll probably make it very difficult for the mutants to access the resurrection ability
    That's how I'm reading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm really intrigued and excited to see just how the Otherworld Kingdoms will be incorporated into the Krakoa Era going forward post XoS.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I'd have preferred it if Glob has died instead of Rockslide.

"I don’t think they are significant enough changes–unless you’re the world’s biggest Glob Herman fan, which I know there are a lot of now."

Yeah no he is still hated a lot

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Probably for the best. I get it's to sidestep the whole death arc/resurrection arc tropes but it'll be good to have a little narrative tension when a character dies.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I'd have preferred it if Glob has died instead of Rockslide.
    Awww what do you have against Glob Herman?

If they ever do another animated series and he gets to be in it, I always imagine in my head that he sounds like Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.