https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/28/x-...swords-week-2/

AIPT: I’m sure Glob himself is upset. Now, speaking of tarot cards, is there a reason the Hellion Tarot is allowed on Krakoa even though she’s a precog? X-Fan Nick wanted to know.

Jordan: Well, first of all, the use of tarot–the not person–the cards thing, I think is kind of intentional in the sense that it’s working against that. That said, Tini does like to talk about the fact that tarot cards are not the future-telling cards. That’s not like the purpose of them. They are mostly a tool to examine the world and yourself. And you can use them to glean information that can possibly affect the future.

Now, generally speaking in stories, they are portrayed as 100% magical and they can literally tell the future. And in defense of that, yes, in this story, she literally turns over a card and sees a picture of people who are going to be in this story. So clearly, there’s some magic in these cards. Clearly, they have some foresight into the future. But I think that Tarot, the character, is not the world’s most powerful precog and that’s not the main thrust of her power.

And also, technically, she was alive before Krakoa started and the not wanting precogs on Krakoa isn’t like a public law. Nobody knows that that’s happening. Because if they did, they would go, “What? Why?” So I think it’s more of a subtle thing. So, my guess would be that they have done what they can to keep her from finding out the important things in some nefarious Xavier-and-Magneto way. And that if she ever did die again, it would be a question of where they would put her in the ranking of the resurrection waiting list.