Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    450

    Cool Who is the edgiest X-character?

    Post your contenders, here's mine:


    British guy larping as a French assassin with time travel skills.

    May add a poll
    OP characters make me itch

  2. #2
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Post your contenders, here's mine:


    British guy larping as a French assassin with time travel skills.

    May add a poll
    I wouldn't know, my mind is programmed to automatically shut-off each time he is featured on panel
    "I'm looking forward to the court appearances without spray tan, hair dye and a professional comb-over."

  3. #3
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    Adam X, the X-Treme!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I wouldn't know, my mind is programmed to automatically shut-off each time he is featured on panel
    Same here.
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-28-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  4. #4
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    For a more honest answer... X-23.
    Clone raised to be an emotionless assassin. Forced to kill her mother figure while under the influence of a rage-inducing trigger scent over which she had no control. Ended up on the streets as an underage prostitute who cut herself with her own claws... which already cut her coming out.
    That's pretty edgy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  5. #5
    eXpat Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Edgy. In all the worst ways.

    X-Treme-Marvel-Comics-X-Force.jpg
    Pull List: X of Swords - X-Men - X-Force - X-Factor - New Mutants - Marauders - Hellions - Excalibur - Wolverine - Juggernaut - Deadpool - Cable

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Xavier midlife crisis-ing with his "I feel yummy" black unitard and fancy new head porsche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Jason Aaron is a hack who's been writing her as hulk but tits in avengers, and now everyone has to work around that.

  6. #6
    Fantastic Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Edgy. In all the worst ways.

    X-Treme-Marvel-Comics-X-Force.jpg

    It's the hat for me lol
    OP characters make me itch

  7. #7
    Fantastic Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    For a more honest answer... X-23.
    Clone raised to be an emotionless assassin. Forced to kill her mother figure while under the influence of a rage-inducing trigger scent over which she had no control. Ended up on the streets as an underage prostitute who cut herself with her own claws... which already cut her coming out.
    That's pretty edgy.

    Laura's backstory is very dark. Her character design was edgy too:


    She looked like she listened to this:

    While posting creepypastas on her MySpace page.
    OP characters make me itch

  8. #8
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    516

    Default


    Natrually

  9. #9
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    It's the hat for me lol
    He was so edgy his clothes were literally made out of razors!

  10. #10
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,235

    Default

    Does it get any edgier than the old Wolverine villain SHIVA?


  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,483

    Default

    Marrow aka Sarah.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    For a more honest answer... X-23.
    Clone raised to be an emotionless assassin. Forced to kill her mother figure while under the influence of a rage-inducing trigger scent over which she had no control. Ended up on the streets as an underage prostitute who cut herself with her own claws... which already cut her coming out.
    That's pretty edgy.
    Agree....for second place I would say Kwannon.... also raised as an assassin without a proper family or name, has her daughter murdered, gets her body "stolen" from her...dies in the other body...very messy
    A picture would last longer darling...

  13. #13
    Incredible Member Nazrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    For a more honest answer... X-23.
    Clone raised to be an emotionless assassin. Forced to kill her mother figure while under the influence of a rage-inducing trigger scent over which she had no control. Ended up on the streets as an underage prostitute who cut herself with her own claws... which already cut her coming out.
    That's pretty edgy.
    Though her backstory is dark, she's kinda of the opposite of edgy; her character trajectory has been an optimistic "you can be better then they made you to be" sort of thing.
    Context is king.

    X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

  14. #14
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Does it get any edgier than the old Wolverine villain SHIVA?
    ...but Stryfe!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Though her backstory is dark, she's kinda of the opposite of edgy; her character trajectory has been an optimistic "you can be better then they made you to be" sort of thing.
    Definitely, but that background is terribly 'edgy'.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  15. #15
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Fantomex has to be the most cliche, forced edgey trope character that is just way too overly complicated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •