Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Marrow should be a ftm transman.

you suckas don't know edge, it's like someone took all the razors and dumped it into a round pool of mutants, all the pieces are scattered about, the youthful good looks, the katanas, the tragic backstories, the violence, the swearing, they're like lego bricks without a deft hand to assemble them into a physical representation of the abstract concept of angst, but it's ok. i'll be the hero

check it

so edge has to have priority, right? real edgelords arent just the team prick like wolverine, we need someone important but still too cool for the mainstream. who does the mainstream still think is lame? cyclops

so cyclops, first up, his eyes shoot blood now. blood lasers. that melt people. then we start putting some of these pieces together

he gets 3 wolverine claws, not 3 pairs of claws, fool, 3 on one hand. so one pair. cuz asymetry is sexy. on the other hand. a katana. is what i would say if we were some old white guy's idea of edginess. nah. in his other hand ole scotty dog's rockin a chokuto. hell yeah.

now for the look, tbh we already got this right once. bendis era cyclops costume with more bdsm belts equipped. spiked choker. casual wear is ripped jeans with a t-shirt that says "gene-joker..." with the ellipses on the shirt too cuz they're in the quotes

backstory is mostly the same except he only survives his american airlines flight using alex's DEAD BODY as a cushion

now for quirks, when scott's about to dunk on a clown he doesnt just shoot his beam like some tactical loser, he uses it to cover his blades in blood before hacking suckers to pieces. so they like are decapitated and are also melting simultaneously. so sick and gnarly. and his catchphrase is "JEAN, THAT'S @%$#ING HOGWASH!!!" and he says that to people who arent jean, like he still starts with jean even if he's talking to kitty or something, makes him more mysterious, and on that same note all his dialogue's gotta be in black balloons with red text, any normal loser can have their lines read clearly, but cyclops is a different beast

there, we now have the perfect leading man for this franchise who represents modern sensibilites, i'll take my check any time, disney, after hickman's done massaging my toes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I gotta say Pete Wisdom. The level of loyalty this guys has is unreal, even willing to take care of traitors he once called friends with compassion.

Is there a mutant whose power is to transform into a walking pile of broken glass? Cause that would be the edgiest powerset, even more so if he is she could shoot them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Is there a mutant whose power is to transform into a walking pile of broken glass? Cause that would be the edgiest powerset, even more so if he is she could shoot them.
    Rockslide could become glass, in theory

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

But Why?

Also:

Does Prism of the Marauders count for turning into glass?

Pete Wisdom is edgy because he took teen Shadowcat’s V-card

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'm going outside of normal continuity and submitting Ultimate Sinister (but maybe using an Ultimate character is cheating)

c0vm292od8811.jpg
    Make Good Art

Stacy X for me.

Stacey X.jpg
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 09-30-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Fantomex has to be the most cliche, forced edgey trope character that is just way too overly complicated.
    That was the point- he was a parody of those characters. Problem is that latter writers either didn't realize that or decided to play him straight.

BANNED

Depends on how you describe edgy. To me an edgy character is someone who exudes an aura of inner power.

Often they are calm, mild mannered and even kind. Yet give off a vibe that makes you want to think twice before crossing them. If you mess with them, they won't do something as crass like indulge in immediate retaliation. They will just sit and wait and exact retaliation when it will hurt the most. To this I would say most of the X women under Claremont. Special mentions, Emma Frost, Storm and Psylocke (the Asian one) and of course X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I'm going outside of normal continuity and submitting Ultimate Sinister (but maybe using an Ultimate character is cheating)

c0vm292od8811.jpg
    It's not fair because everyone in Ultimate is more edgy and jerk than in 616, except maybe Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why? I honestly always saw her as a butch/futch lesbian or at least w/w.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Why? I honestly always saw her as a butch/futch lesbian or at least w/w.
    Interesting enough all her actual romantic interests and interactions so far were directed towards man. Starting with having a crush on Cannonball, flirting with Gambit, having a relationship with a namless man while depowered (the 1999 case), flirting and having a date with Peter Parker while being a sleeper agent for SHIELD, having a one night stand with a disguised Mesmero and the off-pannel interaction before Spurrier's X-force that got her pregnant in first place (though the canoncial value of that book is a bit weak).

Meanwhile she has never displayed an actual romantic interest in woman. Instead she just seems to have a fixation and envy towards normal or beautifull looks on other woman, which leads her to openly remarking on and internaly musing on it.

So despite her appearance she seems much more in the straight spectrum than near the bisexual one.

She has also always identified as woman in her appearances and has never shown any doubt about it. So the suggestion does indeed make very little sense. It would be like suggesting such a change for Frenzy because of her appearance and personality. It would also rob the female representation in super hero comics of one of their fewer a-typical bodied and powered characters.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-30-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Interesting enough all her actual romantic interests and interactions so far were directed towards man. Starting with having a crush on Cannonball, flirting with Gambit, having a relationship with a namless man while depowered (the 1999 case), flirting and having a date with Peter Parker while being a sleeper agent for SHIELD, having a one night stand with a disguised Mesmero and the off-pannel interaction before Spurrier's X-force that got her pregnant in first place (though the canoncial value of that book is a bit weak).

Meanwhile she has never displayed an actual romantic interest in woman. Instead she just seems to have a fixation and envy towards normal or beautifull looks on other woman, which leads her to openly remarking on and internaly musing on it.

So despite her appearance she seems much more in the straight spectrum than near the bisexual one.

She has also always identified as woman in her appearances and has never shown any doubt about it. So the suggestion does indeed make very little sense. It would be like suggesting such a change for Frenzy because of her appearance and personality. It would also rob the female representation in super hero comics of one of their fewer a-typical bodied and powered characters.

Not like she's the first tomboy interested in guys too anyway.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Selene always gives me 'edgy' vibe but in a very sophisticated way.