Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Wonder Woman: Earth One Volume 3

Per the Amazon listing this will be out March of next year.

The epic conclusion to the New York Times bestselling original graphic novel series from superstar and critically acclaimed duo Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette is here!

Diana, now queen of the Amazons, must assemble the disparate Amazonian tribes for the first time in a millennium. Max Lord's assault on Paradise Island with his destructive A.R.E.S. armors is on the horizon, and in order to weather the war that is coming, Wonder Woman will need the full might of her sisters by her side! Can Diana finally bring her message of peace to Man's World, or will Max Lord's war burn the world and the Amazons to ashes?

Continuing the tradition of the critically acclaimed Earth One tales that challenge the status quo of the comics industry, Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 3 is Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette's final installment of this visionary and enterprising graphic novel series.

Sweet Donna and Artemis are there, looking forward to them being a part of this.

Been rather lukewarm on the prior two volumes, and Morrison’s writing of Diana in general, but I’ll be interested to see how this concludes.

Between this, vol. 2 of GL, and apparently vol. 3 of Batman being in the finishing stages this is the most active this imprint has been in a while.

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member

So psyched. Probably one of my top five depictions of Diana in comic form of the last 35 years.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I think slowly through the years Yanick Pacquette has become my all time favorite Wonder Woman artist

George Perez
    Adam Hughes
    Nicola Scott
    Phil Jimenez
    Liam Sharp
    Jenny Frison
    Brian Bolland
    and
    Drew Johnson are all GREAT but nobody does it Paquette

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Why is this volume ten bucks more than the previous two?
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Sweet! Glad this is finally announced.
    I'm sure like the first two volumes it will be flawed but with some interesting ideas/scenes mixed in, but at least it will be pretty to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think slowly through the years Yanick Pacquette has become my all time favorite Wonder Woman artist

George Perez
    Adam Hughes
    Nicola Scott
    Phil Jimenez
    Liam Sharp
    Jenny Frison
    Brian Bolland
    and
    Drew Johnson are all GREAT but nobody does it Paquette
    Same, though I'd probably add Bilquis Evely to my list.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Another story focused on Maxwell Lord so close the one currently going on in the mainstream Wonder Woman title? Blah.....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Same, though I'd probably add Bilquis Evely to my list.
    God yes. I love Bilquis Evely's work. Right up there with Nicola and Liam for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Another story focused on Maxwell Lord so close the one currently going on in the mainstream Wonder Woman title? Blah.....
    He was set up in the second volume so I'm not surprised. I just wish/hope there are other villains in it too.

Yeah, I’m not jazzed on Max being here either. Though I suspect with the mention of the “A.R.E.S” armor he might be a Duke of Deception revamp.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    He was set up in the second volume so I'm not surprised. I just wish/hope there are other villains in it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I’m not jazzed on Max being here either. Though I suspect with the mention of the “A.R.E.S” armor he might be a Duke of Deception revamp.
    Yes I've been thinking since volume 2 that Max may end up being this version of Duke of Deception, which would hopefully mean we might see Greed and Conquest as well. I mainly think Lord is here so Morrison can subvert what happened in the main canon with him: Diana will definitely not be snapping his neck here. Although Rucka executed that bit as well as anyone could and stayed true to her character, the way DC ran with it and made that one of her most talked about points leaves much to be desired.

I feel a bit ripped off we're not getting Villainy INC by way or Morrison and Paquette. I'm hoping for at least a last page "...and the adventure continues!" sort of thing by showing her fighting Cheetah and/or all of Villainy Inc.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I hope it's a solid conclusion, I was sold at an entire book drawn by Yanick Paquette

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Why is this volume ten bucks more than the previous two?
    Corona? Gotta make up for lost revenue.

Nevermind it's off topic.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 09-28-2020 at 09:08 PM.