Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Have Hickman write it with some of his favorite mutants and some other Avengers he’s written or maybe Al Ewing or both as co-creators.
    delete this

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    delete this
    You first chief

I trust Ewing to write a balanced team book more than I do Hickman. He seems way more invested in the X-Men than he ever was with the Avengers.

I want Christopher Priest to write this, getting to cherrypick whatever characters he wants and to use whatever villains or adversaries he wants.

I wouldn't mind them trying again, but how about the team be unified first instead of having them constantly fighting each other.

Mighty Member

I mean, I thought Uncanny Avengers (After Axis) was the best Avengers and X-book of its time.

The Duggan and Wells Runs were fantastic

And I'm still waiting on Avengers Commander Supreme Rogue that was only in No Surrender.

Sure... but only if it's called X-Men Assemble!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I mean, I thought Uncanny Avengers (After Axis) was the best Avengers and X-book of its time.
    The Duggan and Wells Runs were fantastic
    And I'm still waiting on Avengers Commander Supreme Rogue that was only in No Surrender.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Uncanny Avengers was where Magneto's family relationship with the Maximoffs was undone, so the only reason to bring the title back would be to restore that relationship. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would of course have to front and center in this title. Polaris should replace Rogue as the female X-Man on the team. Once the Maximoffs are made siblings to Polaris again, they will build on their relationship. Magneto should also appear in this title, and perhaps a real family dynamic might emerge.

OP Question -

Sure, after the current X-Men run is over (it is too good to potentially cut short in any way), why not?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It would need to be a true joint venture of the two teams, like Charles Xavier and Tony Stark bankrolling it together and Scott Summers and Janet Van Dyne as co-leaders. The big conceptual problem with the original team is it was just an Avengers team with some extra mutants on it, that's all. It operated out of the Avengers mansion, was edited out of the Avengers office, had nothing to do with the X-Men except for involving some leftover stories from "Uncanny X-Force." The reason for doing a book like this should be that the X-Men and the Avengers are working together and you can't say definitively which is the star of the book.

It would need to bring back the idea that Remender raised and then dropped that this type of team is partly a PR venture: the X-Men would be in it to get a better reputation for mutants after the way they've been acting, and the Avengers would be in it to overcome their terrible image among mutants. In other words, both teams need a group like this to rehabilitate their images.

Behind the scenes it would need to be either jointly controlled by the Avengers and X-Men editors or, more realistically, have an editor who isn't involved with either office.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Uncanny Avengers was where Magneto's family relationship with the Maximoffs was undone, so the only reason to bring the title back would be to restore that relationship. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would of course have to front and center in this title. Polaris should replace Rogue as the female X-Man on the team. Once the Maximoffs are made siblings to Polaris again, they will build on their relationship. Magneto should also appear in this title, and perhaps a real family dynamic might emerge.
    I do feel like the Maximoff twins have become the battleground that the more toxic elements of the A v X rivalry has been playing out since the fall out of House of M. Combined with the points gurkle raises, Uncanny Avengers could be the place where that finally gets exorcised off done right, as well as sell a lot of books. We know there’s interest in the House of M, since it only took a picture of a wine bottle to get it trending.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Sure... but only if it's called X-Men Assemble!
    Agreed.
    That's slightly better than Uncanny Avengers. Either way though, the team name tends to dip towards one direction or the other. They need a name that says they're both Avengers and X-men.

I don't know what that would be though. X-Avengers sounds kinda silly. X-Vengers?

Astonishing Member

What about a twin title like Hickman’s Avengers and New Avengers

Uncanny Avengers - Non-Mutant Avengers dealing with X-Men rogues and the waking nightmare that is their lives
    Avenging X-Men - the more superheroically inclines X-Men deal with being celebrities to people who wouldn’t spit of them if they were on fire usually

I loved the first series of Uncanny Avengers not so much the following series' though
    Once they added Inhumans to it it sucked.
    The only good thing about series three was Rogue and Wanda.
    An Uncanny Avengers series wouldn't work atm with Krakoa and the mutants finding their new way of life, Professor Xavier and Beast currently not acting like they previously have.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

no not with the current state of the x-men
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

I feel it could be done after Hickman and Aaron do their AvX 2.0