Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's slightly better than Uncanny Avengers. Either way though, the team name tends to dip towards one direction or the other. They need a name that says they're both Avengers and X-men.

I don't know what that would be though. X-Avengers sounds kinda silly. X-Vengers?
    Just call it by the official team name: Unity Squad?

I like the idea that the book can feature mutants who haven't drunk the Krakoan Kool-Aid. Molly Hayes, Firestar, Justice...
    Plus that gives the writer a chance to insert their own controversial racial integration views via Justice making a speech where he asks the world to 'call him Vance'.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Avenging X-Men
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's slightly better than Uncanny Avengers. Either way though, the team name tends to dip towards one direction or the other. They need a name that says they're both Avengers and X-men.

I don't know what that would be though. X-Avengers sounds kinda silly. X-Vengers?
    Maybe just call it The Unity Squad.

Edit: I just saw Frontier's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just call it by the official team name: Unity Squad?
    Maybe just call it The Unity Squad.

Edit: I just saw Frontier's post.
    Agreed! Unity Squad is the best!
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-29-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

So it should be called Unity Squad, made of I guess Avengers not really in use right now and Mutants not associated with Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed! Unity Squad is the best!
    I think you can call the team Unity Squad (and I'm pretty sure they did in the actual book), but I don't necessarily think you should call the book that.

For marketing purposes you probably want Avengers or X-Men on the actual cover of the book.

Honestly I think Uncanny Avengers is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think you can call the team Unity Squad (and I'm pretty sure they did in the actual book), but I don't necessarily think you should call the book that.

For marketing purposes you probably want Avengers or X-Men on the actual cover of the book.

Honestly I think Uncanny Avengers is fine.
    No argument from me. And I agree, UA is a fine title.

Extraordinary Member

Nope. There are plenty of ways to mix mutants and non-mutants without the baggage of the original. I would rather Marvel diversify titles instead of making everything either an Avengers or X book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Nope. There are plenty of ways to mix mutants and non-mutants without the baggage of the original. I would rather Marvel diversify titles instead of making everything either an Avengers or X book.
    It's just one title, among multitudes and it's not like Avengers haven't had mutants in their lineups before. They've been doing that since the 70's.

No. The Avengers comics need to be relevant on their own again before they borrow more X-men elements. It's bad enough Aaron is doing a retread of his Phoenix bs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's just one title, among multitudes and it's not like Avengers haven't had mutants in their lineups before. They've been doing that since the 70's.
    I never said don't put mutants on an Avengers lineup. I just don't want a book that only exists to explain why mutants are on an Avengers team. Needing special permission is just a pointless restriction that is than either ignored or handled poorly. Come up with something new or revive one of the New Warriors, Champions, Defenders, etc etc titles.

I think what the X-titles need is a book like the 90s X-factor or X-statix, where there's a group of mutant heroes that are actually in the spotlight and get good press.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I never said don't put mutants on an Avengers lineup. I just don't want a book that only exists to explain why mutants are on an Avengers team. Needing special permission is just a pointless restriction that is than either ignored or handled poorly. Come up with something new or revive one of the New Warriors, Champions, Defenders, etc etc titles.
    All of those titles would need writers to get permission from editors about who to use in their line-ups, they may even get stuck with characters editorial gives them. Not every writer has the freedom Hickman does. And all books have their niches, I'm not sure why this would be that bad considering it's a good concept to heal the rift between two super-hero teams/franchises. That's not only great story potential, that money Marvel would love to have in their pockets. Now is just not going to happen, due to Hickman's X-men status quo not allowing for it.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

As long as Wanda, Pietro, and Jan are there, I’m in. Especially if Wanda and Pietro become mutants again.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 09-30-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Uncanny Avengers was where Magneto's family relationship with the Maximoffs was undone, so the only reason to bring the title back would be to restore that relationship. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would of course have to front and center in this title. Polaris should replace Rogue as the female X-Man on the team. Once the Maximoffs are made siblings to Polaris again, they will build on their relationship. Magneto should also appear in this title, and perhaps a real family dynamic might emerge.
    No thanks, the Twins are better off without Magneto as their dad as the whole relationship only benefited Magneto. Also the last thing the twins need are even more retcons
    Last edited by leokearon; 09-30-2020 at 12:53 AM.