Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d make it more than just half mutants, and half former Avengers. I’d include Inhumans, Eternals, maybe some Deviants, and other groups that need some well needed exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d make it more than just half mutants, and half former Avengers. I’d include Inhumans, Eternals, maybe some Deviants, and other groups that need some well needed exposure.
    That could be interesting. It reminds me of like the Illuminati and how it had major players from all over the MU come together. But the premise and the circumstances under which they come together should be more akin to the Uncanny Avengers books and serve as a way to gap the bridge between them.

Who would you want on that team?
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 09-30-2020 at 02:55 AM.

Post Secret Wars, they did include Inhumans as they were trying to push the notion of tolerance towards inhumans in society when they were popping up all over the place. So it was already going beyond just mutants at that point. A little at least.

Didn't a version of the New Warriors do something like that? Still given the Avengers already have Inhuman and Eternal members and did once make an alliance with the Deviants, it shouldn't be that hard

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Just read Savage Avengers.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    All of those titles would need writers to get permission from editors about who to use in their line-ups, they may even get stuck with characters editorial gives them. Not every writer has the freedom Hickman does. And all books have their niches, I'm not sure why this would be that bad considering it's a good concept to heal the rift between two super-hero teams/franchises. That's not only great story potential, that money Marvel would love to have in their pockets. Now is just not going to happen, due to Hickman's X-men status quo not allowing for it.
    I meant permission as in universe permission. Like it should not be a big deal to have mixed teams out there, and particularly teams that are not Avengers or X-Men. "Healing the rift" is the exact thing I am saying sucks because the books either get bogged down trying to justify there being a rift in the first place or it is ignored and then the potential of the book was hindered from the start. There is no real rift between these two franchises, not one that is believable, organic or enjoyable.

Seeing mutants in the wider MU is great, do it, take a handful of them that Hickman does not want to use and throw them places. Just don't even bring up Krakoa or brush it off. Books just need to focus on their own thing. In my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Are there any good Deviants? As for the other 2 yes but those who join would probably have been Avengers before (Crystal = Jacket/Main, Medusa = Aforce, Synapse = Unity Squad who would be the most likely to join if a new Unity Squad is launched, Ms. Marvel ANAD/Main) unless it must be someone who has never been one before.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Are there any good Deviants? As for the other 2 yes but those who join would probably have been Avengers before (Crystal = Jacket/Main, Medusa = Aforce, Synapse = Unity Squad who would be the most likely to join if a new Unity Squad is launched, Ms. Marvel ANAD/Main) unless it must be someone who has never been one before.
    Well the Deviants have aided the Avengers on a couple of times such as during the Kang Dynasty, and they have their own Super team called Delta Force. Of course, they could just create a new heroic Deviant if they wanted to

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well the Deviants have aided the Avengers on a couple of times such as during the Kang Dynasty, and they have their own Super team called Delta Force. Of course, they could just create a new heroic Deviant if they wanted to
    Didn't know about those, ok ya thanks.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Are there any good Deviants?
    Did Ransak and Karkas become villains?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes

they will have a sword why not a Shield too.

Hell the Xmen can even finance the Avengers. can you imagine a Krakoan portion of terrain given to the Avengers

Spectacular Member

I think the fact that it hasn't been tried again is proof that the book didn't quite work. Because it's a slam dunk idea. The name is great Uncanny Avengers and it's such an obvious creation its amazing it took as long as it did for someone to come up with it.

But neither series is considered a smashing success (I love the middle of Remender's run, and Uncanny Avengers vol. 2 was a solid superhero book). But the fact that it's not a mainstay title at Marvel is telling I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    I think the fact that it hasn't been tried again is proof that the book didn't quite work. Because it's a slam dunk idea. The name is great Uncanny Avengers and it's such an obvious creation its amazing it took as long as it did for someone to come up with it.

But neither series is considered a smashing success (I love the middle of Remender's run, and Uncanny Avengers vol. 2 was a solid superhero book). But the fact that it's not a mainstay title at Marvel is telling I think.
    It's hard to be mainstay title when you're just a satellite book. You're always living in the shadow of the MAIN book.

That said, I do think there inevitably will be more Avenger satellite books. While it's not necessary for one of them to be Uncanny, it's as good an idea for an Avengers satellite book as anything else.