Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He's probably more of a Batman villain than a Titans villain these days, but it is without question he is a DCU villain over a Titans villain now. He's more likely to fight someone other than the Titans than the Titans at this point and that will never change. DC sees him as too valuable a villain to just use him for the Titans franchise.
    Teen Titans has used Slade quite a bit in the last few years, he's fought both of Damian's teams and even stole Kid Flash away for his own team at one point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He's a Titans villain who drifts around the entire DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Teen Titans has used Slade quite a bit in the last few years, he's fought both of Damian's teams and even stole Kid Flash away for his own team at one point.
    I think he's only been in one story with Dick's Titans gen since the New 52 happened, and then you have Damian's teams like you said. I don't know if that is really enough in the last decade to really say he is mainly their villain anymore. Plus the main reason Priest had Deathsroke get involved with Damian's Titans was because he had some weird fixation with Damian and Deathstroke where he wanted Slade to be Damian's father and wanted to contrast it specifically with Batman. So a lot of that revolved around Priest trying to have Deathstroke be in his mind a mirror version of Batman.

Amazing Member

Consider Deathstroke shows up in teen titans go, live action Titans S2 and the Judas Contract DCAMU, so he has been a consistent antagonist not only in tt comics of the last decade but also in other media. You can hardly accuse DC of not having him in the titans franchise anymore - In fact, if anything he´s basically right below the point of being overused.

Quote Originally Posted by lgcruz View Post
    Consider Deathstroke shows up in teen titans go, live action Titans S2 and the Judas Contract DCAMU, so he has been a consistent antagonist not only in tt comics of the last decade but also in other media. You can hardly accuse DC of not having him in the titans franchise anymore - In fact, if anything he´s basically right below the point of being overused.
    He's also been in Son of Batman, Lego Gotham City Breakout, and his own solo movie among others.
    (Also Young Justice, but that's kinda the Teen Titans...)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

A general DCU villain who interacts mostly with Batman in recent years. Though he should be primarily a Titans villain and Dick's arch nemesis.

Kind of weird how a guy who couldn't kill a team of teens and needed an unstable teenage girl to do a lot of the legwork is meant to be seen as a wider DCU threat, but here we are.

Amazing Member

Dunno why he´s dick´s arch-nemesis when during the NTT he was more changeling´s antagonist than anything - after his son died in front of gar´s house, he first tried to end the titans by blowing them up in a setup similar to the end of the silver age doom patrol, killed changeling with a blast from his staff that destroyed his heart (he recovered via the amazon´s purple beam), set up terra within the NTT to betray them eventually much like madame rouge did to the doom patrol (terra even repeated madame rouge´s decision to betray both sides), and had to confront an angry changeling after the events of judas contract before becoming more of an anti-hero rather than an outright villain (in wolfman´s eyes, at least).

By comparison, his most notable interaction with dick is when he fought him during judas contract after the rest of the team was captured, and much later on when he tries to recruit dick to his service in the 90´s. The cartoon did it in reverse by having him show an interest in robin first, then terra, then raven, and finally taunting beast boy in the end. However, I suppose that in the cartoon you could consider robin as slade´s archnemesis, and he definitely is nightwing´s arch in the live action tv show.

And calling a team with wally west, raven and starfire "a bunch of teens" is like calling the justice league team superman and friends... technically true, but vastly underselling their potential.
    Last edited by lgcruz; 09-29-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    A general DCU villain who interacts mostly with Batman in recent years. Though he should be primarily a Titans villain and Dick's arch nemesis.

Kind of weird how a guy who couldn't kill a team of teens and needed an unstable teenage girl to do a lot of the legwork is meant to be seen as a wider DCU threat, but here we are.
    You make it sound like losing against the NTT was some sort of shame, like they were a pretty competent team, they knew what they were doing. Mind you, i think that Slade being a "general DCU thread", has more to do with the fact that he is a mercenary so you can put him in any story with a very easy justification, he following his paycheck. He certanly isn't threat to most of the JL, even when in the 90s he played the card of "my book you job" to Arthur and Wally.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

He should be a Titan's Villain but recently [past 10 years] he feels more like a Batman/ Damian Wayne villain.

Since Rebirth I would say he's a Damian Wayne villain with even some of his confrontation's with the Bat being over Damian or Deathstroke desire to take the Boy for himself.

Slade's 'whatever' with Damian started in Pre-Flashpoint and is still going on with his recent appearance in the TT Annual.

heck didn't we just find out that there was a version of Slade that's Damian's dad?

I guess he's a DCU villain who REALLY enjoys stalking Damian/teens at this point
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-29-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You make it sound like losing against the NTT was some sort of shame, like they were a pretty competent team, they knew what they were doing. Mind you, i think that Slade being a "general DCU thread", has more to do with the fact that he is a mercenary so you can put him in any story with a very easy justification, he following his paycheck. He certanly isn't threat to most of the JL, even when in the 90s he played the card of "my book you job" to Arthur and Wally.
    It isn't really meant to be. They were a competent team, but they were still relative novices compared to the JL (but showed potential time and again to be just as good). That isn't a knock, it's just what they were. And he was a slightly past his prime mercenary who was risking things fighting Starfire one-on-one. And he was a much better character at that point.

But going from Dick Grayson with a busted ankle being able to give him the slip to stuff like beating Batman like a red headed step child and solo-ing the JL is ridiculous. It's more of a comment on how silly the writing for Slade the Uber Badass is most of the time than a knock on the Titans themselves. If the Titans back then could challenge him, these days he shouldn't be as much of a threat to them or their mentors.

Quote Originally Posted by lgcruz View Post
    By comparison, his most notable interaction with dick is when he fought him during judas contract after the rest of the team was captured, and much later on when he tries to recruit dick to his service in the 90´s. The cartoon did it in reverse by having him show an interest in robin first, then terra, then raven, and finally taunting beast boy in the end. However, I suppose that in the cartoon you could consider robin as slade´s archnemesis, and he definitely is nightwing´s arch in the live action tv show..
    Not so much just the NTT days (though during Judas Contract, Slade seems to have more admiration for Dick in a "worthy opponent" way than any of the others), but stuff like dropping Chemo on Bludhaven that Morrison followed up on during his run on Batman counts. And yes, the cartoon and show count because they are more high profile than the comics.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-29-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Oh, and he was Green Arrow's archnemesis in the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It isn't really meant to be. They were a competent team, but they were still relative novices compared to the JL (but showed potential time and again to be just as good). That isn't a knock, it's just what they were. And he was a slightly past his prime mercenary who was risking things fighting Starfire one-on-one. And he was a much better character at that point.

But going from Dick Grayson with a busted ankle being able to give him the slip to stuff like beating Batman like a red headed step child and solo-ing the JL is ridiculous. It's more of a comment on how silly the writing for Slade the Uber Badass is most of the time than a knock on the Titans themselves. If the Titans back then could challenge him, these days he shouldn't be as much of a threat to them or their mentors.

Not so much just the NTT days (though during Judas Contract, Slade seems to have more admiration for Dick in a "worthy opponent" way than any of the others), but stuff like dropping Chemo on Bludhaven that Morrison followed up on during his run on Batman counts. And yes, the cartoon and show count because they are more high profile than the comics.
    Well, for what i heard, Slade did recieve a power boost in his solo, so is not surprise that being "past his prime" really isn't a factor anymore. Also, maybe i'm remembering wrong, but back in the 90s, Slade barely beat Bruce, he won the fight but he wasn't in a great shape either when that happen. These days thougth they are written as equals, jobbing aura include.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh, and he was Green Arrow's archnemesis in the Arrowverse.
    I think Arrow needs Deathstroke as a villain more then Batman or Titans do, so I think Deathstroke should be a Green Arrow villain

Deathstoke needs a better hero then Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think Arrow needs Deathstroke as a villain more then Batman or Titans do, so I think Deathstroke should be a Green Arrow villain
    Eh, I'd rather Deathstroke not be "this team's villain" or "that hero's villain". I mean he's got a great setup to go against any hero in any title at any time. Titans, Batman, Green Arrow, Young Justice and beyond. There's honestly not that many general DCU villains, and most of the ones that exist are uber powerful guys like Darkseid. Nice to have a lower threat guy to menace the street levelers and the younger heroes.

Kind of wish Lobo took that lesson.