Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Its a new branding for Mini series tie-ins into a main comic. They could call these issues "Amazing Spider-Man: Order of the Web" and I bet it wouldn't change a thing at all. Marking really.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They figure people are more likely to buy them as just another issue in the run rather than a mini or series of one shots they will skip or not realize was coming out.
    This. I wouldn’t purchase tie-in issues from another series but since this is still within the title I’m already pulling, I’m fine with it. Makes it easier.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    Same reason we got Sins Rising and The Sins of Norman Osborn issues - it makes zero sense.
    While I was reading Sins of Norman Osborn I kept wondering why this wasn’t just a regular issue, as it felt like one. I guess for the Gibbon story and the Sin-Eater tie in it made more sense to me. Felt like you could have skipped those and still understood the plot of the main book( though I did thoroughly enjoy both of those stories).. SONO had some very key ideas that would seem to factor very directly into #850.
    1. Formalizing the team-up of Spidey and Green Goblin
    2. Establishing that Norman is also being tormented by Kindred( I know in the Absolute Carnage issues we saw Kindred outside his cell speaking to him, but I wasn’t sure if Norman would remember that do to the Cletus Kasady persona being in control).
    3. Clarifying the other spiders reason for stopping Peter.
    Last edited by Forty20; 10-04-2020 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    While I was reading Sins of Norman Osborn I kept wondering why this wasn’t just a regular issue, as it felt like one. I guess for the Gibbon story and the Sin-Eater tie in it made more sense to me. Felt like you could have skipped those and still understood the plot of the main book( though I did thoroughly enjoy both of those stories).. SONO had some very key ideas that would seem to factor very directly into #850.
    1. Formalizing the team-up of Spidey and Green Goblin
    2. Establishing that Norman is also being tormented by Kindred( I know in the Absolute Carnage issues we saw Kindred outside his cell speaking to him, but I wasn’t sure if Norman would remember that do to the Cletus Kasady persona being in control).
    3. Clarifying the other spiders reason for stopping Peter.
    because marvel is obsessed with their anniversary/milestone issues and will structure and pace things around them, often to the detriment of their books
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    because marvel is obsessed with their anniversary/milestone issues and will structure and pace things around them, often to the detriment of their books
    Can't wait to read Amazing Spider-Man #850 and then follow it up with the next issue, Amazing Spider-Man #50!

A Reckoning is Nigh

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Can't wait to read Amazing Spider-Man #850 and then follow it up with the next issue, Amazing Spider-Man #50!
    I know! I've been waiting for these issues for two years now...

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    I know! I've been waiting for these issues for two years now...
    Jumping from one milestone to the next immediately after aside, I am very excited for these stories! Had the year not been 2020 I think ASM #850 was originally supposed to be out around July.