Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I mean, why the ".LR" numbering???

saw the upcoming Last Remains tie in issues, and the numbering goes #51, 51.LR, 52, 52.LR, etc.

As if the Marvel numbering isn't a mess already, why do this?

The .LRs are side stories featuring the other spiders, while the regular issues focus on Peter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The weird decimal numbering is unironically better than a separate mini series or whatever.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The .LRs are side stories featuring the other spiders, while the regular issues focus on Peter.
    I think the LR has a hidden purpose. What is it? Here it is Take Peter on a divergent path from the other spider characters, while still being part of the storytelling Think about it: If Spencer and Marvel wanted Peter and Norman to fight Sin Eater then Kindred, that could easily have been done without Miles etc. But the Order Of The Web is fighting Sin Eater and Peter ( and maybe Norman) Kindred. Why? This goes straight to my theory. Keep in mind, we already saw Spider-Man without Peter ( first in Superior then in Spencer), so this is within canon, and not wishful thinking on my end. Another interesting fact is that it is Miles running the team. You would think it would be Peter ( based on experience and seniority), instead Marvel has Pete “Pinch Hitting” in the Fantastic Four. It should be very interesting to see what happens at the end of ASM 54, when we see what actually happens?
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-29-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Its just odd. Why not just have a separate mini for Last Remains? I think I'd prefer that as opposed to shoving some weird numbering device in the main ASM series.

Because people complained when Clone Conspiracy did that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A Reckoning is Nigh

I like the decimal numbering. It allows events to be broad and affect other characters without taking over series with tie ins or creating mini side series. I don't mind tie ins within other series, but I like the decimal numbering just fine for big story arc purposes.

I mean they do their job as the tie-ins/supplemental side stories to fill in the blanks, and probably sell better as what they are instead of mini-series but it's still weird for me how they're sandwiched in between the actual Amazing Spider-Man issues and don't count for the overall numbering of the series.

Same reason we got Sins Rising and The Sins of Norman Osborn issues - it makes zero sense.

- Jason G. Carr

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    saw the upcoming Last Remains tie in issues, and the numbering goes #51, 51.LR, 52, 52.LR, etc.

As if the Marvel numbering isn't a mess already, why do this?
    They figure people are more likely to buy them as just another issue in the run rather than a mini or series of one shots they will skip or not realize was coming out.

If I had to guess, a way to get around double shipping without messing up the numbering. After Sins of Norman Osborn, I'm kinda weary to call the LR issues mere tie-ins and not flat out continuations of the story.

I like it - it sort of guides you in a reading order. Read #50 then read 50.LR and so forth.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I like it - it sort of guides you in a reading order. Read #50 then read 50.LR and so forth.
    I have long given up trying to follow Marvel's stupid numbering systems.

Astonishing Member

IMO, it's Marvel's way to snag your money in buying the ongoing over the mini. Good marketing scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because people complained when Clone Conspiracy did that.
    Clone Conspiracy was also outsold by the Amazing Spider-Man tie-in issues.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets