Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Generally in the camp of Diana being the only child on the island. Think it adds to her sense of wanting to leave the island if she’s the only one who has never known the outside world.
    Plus, i love the idea of her being raised by thousands of loving aunts. She is Hippolyta's dsughter, but also beloved amd cared for by all.

I don't think every amazon will care for Diana per-say... I think it would be the royal family and close friends doing that.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    with the abandoned children. I was actually thinking that not all will be adopted by the Amazons rather will be taken to new homes that they will be loved.
    How will basically running a transient group home for children impact the Amazon society? How will the kids arrive to the island, how will the selection of who leaves and who stays work, and how will the kids leave? And how would a steady stream of children impact the Hippolyta's wish for Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Why would the Amazons have a diversity problem again? Aren't they situated near Greece? Therefore, most of the women should be of mediterranean descent. Though, they probably should have more people with darker skin.
    1. The original mythical Amazons were not Greek. We know of them through Greek myths.

2. The original mythical Amazons were probably Scythians (or other tribes) living in Turkey, the Caucasus, and the Pontic-Caucasian steppe. This is one of the original "melting pot" areas, where lots of cultures and peoples met.

3. A lot has happened over 3,000 years.

In short, I imagine the Amazons as being a much more diverse lot than DC has ever managed to depict. The 2017 movie really changed the standard there.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    How will basically running a transient group home for children impact the Amazon society? How will the kids arrive to the island, how will the selection of who leaves and who stays work, and how will the kids leave? And how would a steady stream of children impact the Hippolyta's wish for Diana?

1. The original mythical Amazons were not Greek. We know of them through Greek myths.

2. The original mythical Amazons were probably Scythians (or other tribes) living in Turkey, the Caucasus, and the Pontic-Caucasian steppe. This is one of the original "melting pot" areas, where lots of cultures and peoples met.

3. A lot has happened over 3,000 years.

In short, I imagine the Amazons as being a much more diverse lot than DC has ever managed to depict. The 2017 movie really changed the standard there.
    Perez's Amazons were fairly diverse, certainly moreso thsn had been shown before

[QUOTE=kjn;5168687]How will basically running a transient group home for children impact the Amazon society? How will the kids arrive to the island, how will the selection of who leaves and who stays work, and how will the kids leave? And how would a steady stream of children impact the Hippolyta's wish for Diana?

Well Artemis and Demeter are generally seen dealing with childbirth. So they would send the children to the Island. I feel how it would work is and this is probably stupid. An amazon who wants a kid would have to perform a ritual. I feel it would make her want a kid of her own.