How would you introduce the X-Men to the mcu and what would you base them off of including story and characters? You can be as detailed as you want and even go into casting

For me first off the explanation for mutants. I’ve come up with 3 ideas to introduce the X-Men

1. When Thanos used the infinity stones it created a ripple in time that lead to early Homo sapiens to develop the X gene that would be mostly dormant. I know some people may say this technically makes the mutants a creation rather than a natural progression but honestly given this wibbly wobbly timey wimey nonsense mutants would be technically seen as natural since they “always” existed and such

2. Mutants had been hiding in Krakoa but Krakoa is dying and as such Xavier and Lensherr to believe it is time for mutants to integrate with humans leading to the schism

3. The X gene goes through cycles of dormancy and booms and the early 21st century saw the biggest boom in mutants meaning powers are only now manifesting

As for the team itself I actually think a good idea would be to focus more on the school aspect and be a mix of Lee-Kirby and Ultimate X-Men. I like the idea of having another group of teen heroes like Spider-Man is now and honestly the school stuff was basically nonexistent in Apocalypse and the original trilogy. Sure First Class went into it but the focus was more on Xavier and Magneto instead of the X-Men.

For the team lineup I’d personally like to see the original 5 plus maybe Storm and Colossus and the first villain be magneto. Like I said the explanation could be similar to 1610 where Xavier and Magneto have their mutant society hidden away on Krakoa or Savage Island or where ever and eventually they split. I know it might be kinda lame to see magento as the villain again but he’s an easy introduction to the mutant mythos. I do hope the mcu can use other x men villains like Mr Sinister later down the line