Page 18 of 274 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

I think you misunderstand what I’m saying. I’m not suggesting that all of the X-men or mutants in general are connected to the military industrial complex (i.e., the Ultimate Universe origin of mutants). Rather just the Weapon X program being connected to the Super Soldier program, and then the vastness of said military industrial complex’s sprawling reach as future iterations of super soldier experiments spun out of those WWII era programs and then private corporations got in the game. So it’s all loosely connected I guess. But mutants were not created in a lab. Not suggesting that. Sorry for the confusion.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think there's a lot to love about the Ultimate universe's version of Weapon X: it's very straightforward, has spin-off potential and I can easily see them as a sort of "dark SHIELD/SWORD" for mutants.

I would definitely be against the Ultimate origin of mutants as Weapon X/Super-soldier experiments: the "hated and feared because they were born different" has too much potential as a concept and it's something the MCU hasn't really explored so far that's just ripe for exploration.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It sounds like we definitely have our first mutant appearing, and appropriately it's the original First Mutant.

Namor, played by Tenoch Huerta in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...-tenoch-namor/

He has the eyebrows for Namor! I look forward to a Mesoamerica take on Atlantis, even if it is quite the departure from canon. Also a little nervous about pitting two cultures of color against each other, but we'll see how Coogler et al handle it. I do really wish they'd have recast T'Challa though; his story was far from over(though I am relieved the Storm/BP relationship is firmly off of the MCU table). MCU Shuri isn't comics Shuri by a long shot, and comics Shuri never really did it for me as BP/Queen of Wakanda anyways. Time will tell, I suppose.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    He has the eyebrows for Namor! I look forward to a Mesoamerica take on Atlantis, even if it is quite the departure from canon. Also a little nervous about pitting two cultures of color against each other, but we'll see how Coogler et al handle it. I do really wish they'd have recast T'Challa though; his story was far from over(though I am relieved the Storm/BP relationship is firmly off of the MCU table). MCU Shuri isn't comics Shuri by a long shot, and comics Shuri never really did it for me as BP/Queen of Wakanda anyways. Time will tell, I suppose.
    While the actor is a person of color, I'm sure their race will be multi-ethnic looking.

It sounds like Atlantis will be based on the Mayans. I wonder if those Doctor Doom rumors still are/ever were accurate

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It sounds like Atlantis will be based on the Mayans. I wonder if those Doctor Doom rumors still are/ever were accurate
    That's a pretty interesting way to do that. Mayan architecture would be a really cool departure from the usual Ancient Greek that it's usually associated with.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    While the actor is a person of color, I'm sure their race will be multi-ethnic looking.
    There have been multiple casting calls for Mayan supporting actors and extras, which implies they will not be multi-ethnic.

Black Wakanda vs Amerindian Atlantis just doesn't feel right. Especially after Black v Black in the first movie. Oh Hollywood...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I agree. All races should get along in these movies and set an example for the rest of us. Might not be a very exciting film, but would send the right message to society. Which is the purpose of escapist entertainment after all.

I mean it seems clear Wakanda and Namor will team up when Attuma inevitably betrays Namor

The new rumor is that spoilers:
    Patrick Stewart is back as Xavier in Multiverse of Madness. Unclear if it's meant to be him playing an alternate version with the same actor like they're doing with the Sinister Six or it it's meant to be the one from the Fox films
    end of spoilers

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

All these new rumors about Fox-Men coming back ugh. The plan was to move on and start over. Why bring them back?

Well it's unclear if that's what they're doing. spoilers:
    they brought Charlie Cox and Donofrio back but it sounds like they're playing alternate versions from the Netflix versions. The only people who seem to be coming back as their old characters from their old projects are Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, and maybe Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    All these new rumors about Fox-Men coming back ugh. The plan was to move on and start over. Why bring them back?
    Right? Stewart's Xavier didn't exactly have a happy ending in Logan, but it was a good ending. Bringing him (or Jackman, for that matter) back for this would feel cheap to me
    Make Good Art