Page 223 of 287 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4298

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see a merger bc the Fox continuity is a mess and most of the actors are too old to realisticly play the characters in what would essentially be a new franchise. At best, we learn that there exists younger variants of most of the characters and their X-genes will be activated
    CGI can easily repair this pseudo alpha casting choices.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    I'd have loved to see Carol do the self-sacrifice bit at the end of The Marvels, rather than Monica. The mid credits scene could have been Carol waking up somewhere on this (yet to be revealed) alternate Earth and find some woman with a skunk stripe in her hair standing over her, asking where she came from and what she's doing.

I'd have lost the plot if that was what I watched!!

That's then a nice setup for either Carol's 3rd movie or a separate film entirely. Rogue wouldn't even need to be a villain for it... she could easily be a misinformed antagonist for Carol without going all the way back to her Brotherhood beginnings. The final fight between the two of them has Rogue siphon some of Carol's powers, giving her her "classic" powerset, without the need to completely sideline Brie Larson from that point forwards.

I think it'd be a MAJOR mis-step not giving Rogue some variation of her comics origin and, for me, this movie was the perfect opportunity to set that up.
    Carol vs Rogue (and vs Mystique and Destiny as well) is also something I absolutely want to see. It's just too good a tale and a wonderful character journey for both characters not to have an adaptation. But it's something I'd rather see in the MCU proper once that's all settled and the mutants are established there rather than with multiversal variants involved as that's an entirely different story with its own scope and stakes. Whereas for Anna and Carol I'm looking to see the former's journey from villain to hero and for Carol, how she copes with yet another memory loss and powerlessness... at least that's what I'm hoping to get.

I agree. I think we need Rogue to really start as a villain this time. Captain Marvel also seemed to have overstayed her welcome already. So, Rogue getting up close with her would be a great shocking moment for the general audience who won't expect this!

I think the MCU really did the character dirty and made her an awful character to root for. Ridiculously overpowered and lacking all relatable personality traits. She is like the anti-Wanda for me who had such a wonderful character-development (except Doctor Strange 2.....).
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-15-2023 at 05:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The problem is that they already did amnesiac Carol in the first movie. But I agree they made her generic feminist hero. Worst part is that in The Marvels they had the chance to do something different with her, explore the consequences of her actions, but didn't really do that.

Also the incel hate to Brie Larson and some not very clever interviews helped with that.

Maybe the reboot can change things. U can be feminist without being boring

Astonishing Member

Been thinking about the return of the Fox X-men from a timeline/universe perspective, and I've come to the conclusion that the world Monica ends up in may well be the same future we see at the end of DOFP, which in turn is also the same world the Wolverine in Deadpool 3 comes from (whether Deadpool himself belongs to this world is a whole other debate given the general...weirdness...of Deadpool).

Its entire possible that the X-men of the altered 2023 in DOFP (we've finally caught up ) could be a lot like the X-men of the comics and TAS - wearing colorful costumes, working with other superheroes, and well-versed in the cosmic. After all, we don't really get to see much of this world after Logan woke up beyond some quick scenes of the Mansion and everyone being alive. For all we know, Logan returns from 1973 and wakes up in the new timeline and then a few days/weeks later Binary rescues Monica! And then months later, Logan will team up with Deadpool.

Of course, this means that Logan (the film) is set in an entirely different timeline/reality, which makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see a merger bc the Fox continuity is a mess and most of the actors are too old to realisticly play the characters in what would essentially be a new franchise. At best, we learn that there exists younger variants of most of the characters and their X-genes will be activated
    Most of them are the same age as major Marvel actors at the start of the MCU. For example: RDJ and Sam Jackman were 43 and 60 years old when they debuted as Tony Stark and Nick Fury in Iron Man back in 2008. Benedict Cumberbatch was 42 when he debuted as Doctor Strange. Chadwick Boseman was also 40 when debuted as Black Panther. Even some the new MCU lead characters are played by middle-aged actors such as Moon Knight, Blade, and Thena.

The age argument is rather silly when you actually compare the X-Men cast's ages to the MCU cast.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 11-15-2023 at 01:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Been thinking about the return of the Fox X-men from a timeline/universe perspective, and I've come to the conclusion that the world Monica ends up in may well be the same future we see at the end of DOFP, which in turn is also the same world the Wolverine in Deadpool 3 comes from (whether Deadpool himself belongs to this world is a whole other debate given the general...weirdness...of Deadpool).

Its entire possible that the X-men of the altered 2023 in DOFP (we've finally caught up ) could be a lot like the X-men of the comics and TAS - wearing colorful costumes, working with other superheroes, and well-versed in the cosmic. After all, we don't really get to see much of this world after Logan woke up beyond some quick scenes of the Mansion and everyone being alive. For all we know, Logan returns from 1973 and wakes up in the new timeline and then a few days/weeks later Binary rescues Monica! And then months later, Logan will team up with Deadpool.

Of course, this means that Logan (the film) is set in an entirely different timeline/reality, which makes sense to me.
    I think you're onto something here. I was speculating about it a few pages ago and if you're bringing in the Fox cast you might as well use the Fox continuity, as convulted as that was.

The end-of-DoFP team with Charles alive, Wolverine and Beast at the school, not to mention Scott and Jean both back to life (remember they're rumoured to be in DP3) is a perfectly good, recognizable team with no overbearing continuity since we don't really know what happened in that timeline after the past was changed, so it's a cast that could offer a large canvass.

Logan (the movie) we can either consider in its own separate timeline, or just a future point after the end of DoFP. Wolvie will come from a point in time prior to that though so it won't come into play as per Shawn Levy.

The Foxverse Cast was mostly good.

I Mean Luv Mcavoy and Fassy but... Patrick and Ian... are supremous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think you're onto something here. I was speculating about it a few pages ago and if you're bringing in the Fox cast you might as well use the Fox continuity, as convulted as that was.

The end-of-DoFP team with Charles alive, Wolverine and Beast at the school, not to mention Scott and Jean both back to life (remember they're rumoured to be in DP3) is a perfectly good, recognizable team with no overbearing continuity since we don't really know what happened in that timeline after the past was changed, so it's a cast that could offer a large canvass.

Logan (the movie) we can either consider in its own separate timeline, or just a future point after the end of DoFP. Wolvie will come from a point in time prior to that though so it won't come into play as per Shawn Levy.
    Yeah, I think from a general audience perspective, it makes sense to just say that Logan is set after DOFP (I mean, its literally set 6 years later from a purely chronological perspectively), and that Deadpool 3 is set before Logan.

At a deeper level though, Logan really does feel like a self-contained universe - one that loosely builds off the continuity of the original trilogy. There are references to X1, and I believe there are deleted scenes which reference Jean's death in X3, as well as the events of The Wolverine. The sticking point for me is the idea that there's been a quiet genocide of the mutant race for 25 years by preventing new mutant births - it doesn't jibe well at all with the relatively 'happy' ending of DOFP's 2023 (I mean, if there are no new mutants born since 2004, then where are all the students at the school from?) So Logan to me is a self-contained alternate future.

Why? As long as Logan is put back in his proper timeline after Secret Wars, and the events of 'Logan' still happen, it doesn't have to be. I don't see the happy ending of DoFP (set in 2023) and the events of Logan (set in 2029) as being in different timelines. It's just that a lot of tragic shit still happened in between those points in time. There's no reason why Logan couldn't have had a multiversal adventure which pulled him into the 616 MCU for a bit, and then put him back, only for him to eventually end up where he does at the beginning of Logan. In fact, that would kind of mirror the arc of the OML variant from the 2015 Secret Wars comic event, who ended up in the 616 Prime Marvel Universe for awhile afterwards, only to eventually return to his timeline in The Wastelands and die tragically.

Ripped straight from the comics. Just saying...

Yeah, I think from a general audience perspective, it makes sense to just say that Logan is set after DOFP (I mean, its literally set 6 years later from a purely chronological perspectively), and that Deadpool 3 is set before Logan.

At a deeper level though, Logan really does feel like a self-contained universe - one that loosely builds off the continuity of the original trilogy. There are references to X1, and I believe there are deleted scenes which reference Jean's death in X3, as well as the events of The Wolverine. The sticking point for me is the idea that there's been a quiet genocide of the mutant race for 25 years by preventing new mutant births - it doesn't jibe well at all with the relatively 'happy' ending of DOFP's 2023 (I mean, if there are no new mutants born since 2004, then where are all the students at the school from?) So Logan to me is a self-contained alternate future.
    Deleted scenes aren't canon, though, and could be why they were removed. Because it doesn't flow from DoFP to Logan coherently.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Why? As long as Logan is put back in his proper timeline after Secret Wars, and the events of 'Logan' still happen, it doesn't have to be. I don't see the happy ending of DoFP (set in 2023) and the events of Logan (set in 2029) as being in different timelines. It's just that a lot of tragic shit still happened in between those points in time. There's no reason why Logan couldn't have had a multiversal adventure which pulled him into the 616 MCU for a bit, and then put him back, only for him to eventually end up where he does at the beginning of Logan. In fact, that would kind of mirror the arc of the OML variant from the 2015 Secret Wars comic event, who ended up in the 616 Prime Marvel Universe for awhile afterwards, only to eventually return to his timeline in The Wastelands and die tragically.

Ripped straight from the comics. Just saying...

Deleted scenes aren't canon, though, and could be why they were removed. Because it doesn't flow from DoFP to Logan coherently.
    Maybe it's reaching but one can attribute the low population of mutants in Logan to the Thanos snap ,as in it's a separate universe ,but if the effect was multiversal then while the snap may have killed multitudes in the Avengers universe ,it may have had a different effect in the X-verse ,stunting the X-gene through generations. Not of all mutants but a significant number. The writers could certainly 'bridge' both films that way

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The problem is that they already did amnesiac Carol in the first movie. But I agree they made her generic feminist hero. Worst part is that in The Marvels they had the chance to do something different with her, explore the consequences of her actions, but didn't really do that.
    but have they done comatose Carol yet? I think the plot should rotate around Rogue and her development after their battle. They can maybe bring Carol back in a few years.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czqx02nsfzn/

Aaand… the grizzled old bastard is back at it! Bring it on. #MyWolverineIsFuckinHuge
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Most of them are the same age as major Marvel actors at the start of the MCU. For example: RDJ and Sam Jackman were 43 and 60 years old when they debuted as Tony Stark and Nick Fury in Iron Man back in 2008. Benedict Cumberbatch was 42 when he debuted as Doctor Strange. Chadwick Boseman was also 40 when debuted as Black Panther. Even some the new MCU lead characters are played by middle-aged actors such as Moon Knight, Blade, and Thena.

The age argument is rather silly when you actually compare the X-Men cast's ages to the MCU cast.
    Now Marvel is eyeing Pedro Pascal to play Reed Richards and he is almost 50. So there really is no excuse. lol