Page 257 of 288 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4314

You guys are living in a fantasy if you think the Fox-Men will be back in the mainline MCU.

Aside from the inconsequential writing, half of the OG and First Class casts were miscasts (Alexandra Shipp especially) and quite frankly they will not be missed. The only reason we'll be seeing the Foxverse anyway is because we knew Deadpool had to be incorporated into the MCU somehow and we're in the midst of this Multiverse saga. So aside from some fun little cameos, I wouldn't bank on seeing any of them for MCU X-Men and thank God for that.

Let's get some fresh faces, a darkskinned and talented actress for Ororo and some solid writing for MCU X-Men and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Seriously though who would they want back besides Jackman? The originals are too old and the First Class characters are forgettable. No one is clamoring to see more Ty Sheridan as Cyclops, Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, or Kodi Smit-Mcphee as Nightcrawler. I think the only First Class X-Man that probably has any fans is Alexandra Shipp as Storm. There are just too many duds in that class to not just start over fresh with actors Marvel chooses not tied to anything that came before in those sloppy ass written Fox movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Would Marvel really want to build their X-Men on actors over 50-60s years old? I mean, there is a lot of mutants to uses, but I really don't see as wise to put Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Wolverine, etc as older heroes just for nostalgia of movies made over 20 years ago.
    Marvel Studios just hired Pedro Pascal as Reed Richard for Fantastic Four. He will be 50 year old when that movie comes out. So why would Marvel have an issue with the original cast's ages? No offense, but that's a silly argument. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    You guys are living in a fantasy if you think the Fox-Men will be back in the mainline MCU.

Aside from the inconsequential writing, half of the OG and First Class casts were miscasts (Alexandra Shipp especially) and quite frankly they will not be missed. The only reason we'll be seeing the Foxverse anyway is because we knew Deadpool had to be incorporated into the MCU somehow and we're in the midst of this Multiverse saga. So aside from some fun little cameos, I wouldn't bank on seeing any of them for MCU X-Men and thank God for that.

Let's get some fresh faces, a darkskinned and talented actress for Ororo and some solid writing for MCU X-Men and go from there.
    Kevin Feige and the MCU cast have said otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Said what? I mean all I heard was Feige saying the 'fucking awesome' thing and Famke Janssen saying she wasn't in DP3.

If using the old cast were the case, Evan Peters wouldn't have been Ralph Bohner. Also I'm leaning more into believing the rumor that Disney waited this long for a live action X-Men movie so they could wait for the Fox contracts to expire next year.

Also Feige has said that if he feels there is perfect casting done before, he's not changing it. We've seen that with Xavier, Beast, and now Wolverine.

Another factor is that Feige was involved in the first three X-Men movies so it's been said that he has a strong attachment to the original cast.

Said what? I mean all I heard was Feige saying the 'fucking awesome' thing and Famke Janssen saying she wasn't in DP3.

If using the old cast were the case, Evan Peters wouldn't have been Ralph Bohner. Also I'm leaning more into believing the rumor that Disney waited this long for a live action X-Men movie so they could wait for the Fox contracts to expire next year.
    I just want to point out that Famke's statement about not being in DP3 was pretty much word for word what she said about DOFP and we saw how that turned out. Beyond that, we know that Halle Berry and Famke's assistants and other staff are working on DP3 and those two actresses never work without them in any movie.

Evan Peters isn't considered part of the "old cast" in the sense that he wasn't from Feige's X-Men movies. There's a reason we haven't heard anything about the prequel cast coming back.

Kevin Feige worked on the early X-Men films and is friends with the original cast. He contacted the OG cast himself and is excited to be working with them again.

Elizabeth Olsen said that Feige asks the actors what they want to do with their characters and he does it. The Avenger cast have said multiple times that they want an Avenger/X-Men crossover with the Fox cast. So Feige is granting their wish.

If using the old cast were the case, Evan Peters wouldn't have been Ralph Bohner.
    Evan Peters is part of the newer cast, not the old cast.

Also I'm leaning more into believing the rumor that Disney waited this long for a live action X-Men movie so they could wait for the Fox contracts to expire next year.
    That's a debunked rumor that was made up by Devin Faraci - a sex offender who has made up BS rumors about Marvel Studios in the past. That isn't how actor contracts work and many X-Men characters have been recast. Hell, X-23 is rumored to be recast in Deadpool & Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Besides Hugh which Fox-Men made enough of an impact to be missed? Stewart sure but the man is 83 and Xavier took up WAY to much space in the Fox-Men movies anyway. It the same with most of the original cast in fan favorites like Grammer are 70 and McKellan is 84 The rest of the original cast no one cared about. The First Class crew had no stand outs since the movie were so focused on McAvoy, Lawrence, Jackman, and Fastbender. No one cares about the rest except the die hards and most of their movies were horrible. I know someone will say "well McAvoy and Fastbender can come back the audience likes them" and again I say I want an X-MEN movie not another Xavier and Magneto featuring the X-Men movie.

I know there are some died hard Fox-Men fans, but I think the vast majority of people would just rather see Marvel start from scratch when tehy bring them into the MCU regardless of what goes on in Deadpool 3. Let is be the final swan song for that whole messy era and move on.
    I disagree, there are more characters from the original films that general audiences liked beyond just Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier, and Beast. As pointed out elsewhere, Nightcrawler, Pyro, and Mystique were all well received. Mystique especially broke out and became a part of pop culture with her iconic look. Jean, Rogue, and Bobby were also well received by general audiences. I don't mean comic books fans here who were unhappy with how TDPS was adapted or felt Rogue was nothing like her sassy counterpart, but general audiences who wouldn't know these things. They felt attached to these three characters as well especially based on how Wolverine is the lead and two of the characters he has the most interactions with are Jean and Rogue. All three of them got critical praise when the original films were out.
    Angel didn't get enough time to leave an impression but he looks the part. William Stryker and Lady Deathstrike also got heavy praise and people still remember them, Deathstrike for the fight scenes, and Stryker because the movies tied his character into Wolverine's for so many years.

If there were any two duds in the cast, it was Cyclops and Storm. Both suffered from bad writing but also miscasting. James Marsden wasn't charismatic enough (or tall enough) to compete with Jackman. Halle Berry lacked the physicality and regal bearing.

Marvel Studios just hired Pedro Pascal as Reed Richard for Fantastic Four. He will be 50 year old when that movie comes out. So why would Marvel have an issue with the original cast's ages? No offense, but that's a silly argument. lol
    Reed Richards is cannonicaly a older character in relation to other heroes. We are talking about bringing back the actors from the Fox movies, by this logic Marvel Studios should have hired Ioan Gruffudd back.

Also, Pedro Pascal is one of the most popular actors at the moment, the same cannot be said by most of the cast from the Fox-Men, even if most of them are supertalented.

Elizabeth Olsen said that Feige asks the actors what they want to do with their characters and he does it. The Avenger cast have said multiple times that they want an Avenger/X-Men crossover with the Fox cast. So Feige is granting their wish.
    And we've seen this in real life because Hugh Jackman even said that after Logan, he was done playing the character unless he could join the MCU and act alongside the Avengers. That's the only thing that could get him to come back and that's what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Reed Richards is cannonicaly a older character in relation to other heroes. We are talking about bringing back the actors from the Fox movies, by this logic Marvel Studios should have hired Ioan Gruffudd back.

Also, Pedro Pascal is one of the most popular actors at the moment, the same cannot be said by most of the cast from the Fox-Men, even if most of them are supertalented.
    How old was Reed when he debuted in the comics? Wolverine is also an older character in relation to other heroes. He even looks middle-aged in most of his appearances. But I doubt Marvel cares that much about the ages of characters in comics. If they did, the MCU version of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne wouldn't be as old as they are.

Ioan Gruffudd was in an unpopular Fantastic Four series that was cancelled back in 2007. In contrast, all the films that starred the original X-Men cast were Box Office successes. So that isn't a good comparison.

How old was Reed when he debuted in the comics? Wolverine is also an older character in relation to other heroes. He even looks middle-aged in most of his appearances. But I doubt Marvel cares that much about the ages of characters in comics. If they did, the MCU version of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne wouldn't be as old as they are.

Ioan Gruffudd was in an unpopular Fantastic Four series that was cancelled back in 2007. In contrast, all the films that starred the original X-Men cast were Box Office successes. So that isn't a good comparison.
    Reed was supposed to be in his mid-30s or around that age. Same with Ben. Sue was in her early 20s and Johnny in his teens.

Kevin Feige worked on the early X-Men films and is friends with the original cast. He contacted the OG cast himself and is excited to be working with them again.

When was this?

But again, I get that Feige has history working on the Fox films, but he also said when the X-Men come into the MCU to expect them to be different from what we've already seen. I can see him being respectful and using that Foxverse for shits and giggles for Deapool & Wolverine and maybe even for Secret Wars, but he's definitely building his mutants from the ground up.

When was this?

But again, I get that Feige has history working on the Fox films, but he also said when the X-Men come into the MCU to expect them to be different from what we've already seen. I can see him being respectful and using that Foxverse for shits and giggles for Deapool & Wolverine and maybe even for Secret Wars, but he's definitely building his mutants from the ground up.
    I think by different, Feige might not mean so much in terms of being a new cast as much as being the old cast but written differently to be more comic accurate or 90s accurate. Hence why all the leaks and rumors are suggesting that the X-Men we'll be seeing in the MCU will all be in their 90s costumes. I can see Cyclops and Storm feeling the most radically different in terms of characters. Wolverine and Beast will be the same because they don't need to fix what isn't broken. Jean I don't think will be that different except maybe the love triangle will favor Cyclops more now than Wolverine (although going by the original movies, Feige might prefer Wolverine). Rogue would probably also be extremely different but all the leaks I've been hearing about say that they don't think she's involved in the movie anymore. That only early on was Anna Paquin linked to the film and unlike with James, Famke, and Halle, there's been nothing new suggesting Anna is still involved so it seems Rogue might be scrapped.

When was this?
    Plenty of times. Here is one of them:

Not exactly. He said that whatever they do with X-Men will be different from what came before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dInXtRrqcuw

And what was the first thing Marvel Studios did with the X-Men? They brought back the original X-Men cast and revived the X-Men cartoon from the 90s. Kevin Feige was obviously talking about telling different stories, not casting. Marvel doesn't want to retell stories that have been done before. This is one of the reasons why there is no MCU version of Green Goblin and Doc Ock. Feige said:

"For the first few films, it was always, 'How do we do things that have never been done before?' It did not occur to us to do a new Goblin story, or to do an Oscorp story, or to do Doc Ock, or anyone that had been done before, which is why Vulture and Mysterio were really the key characters."
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-20-2024 at 02:38 PM.