Page 170 of 250 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3749

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Wow shocker indeed. Although it's not that uncommon for someone to leave a company after working there for 17 years, especially in a highly stressful role like Alonso had, it's hard not to connect Marvel's recent misfortunes with all things VFX with her exit. More gossip to come on this I'm sure.
    I’m no industry insider but I confidently predict that this is Brie Larson’s fault somehow.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I’m no industry insider but I confidently predict that this is Brie Larson’s fault somehow.
    Clearly she wants to be the only woman at Marvel LOL

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I'm thinking this is the fault of the VFX being woke. Just like the banks

You know you should really make a YouTube video about it. Certain people would eat it up.
    "This is me being reasonable"

The Mouse continues to clean house…

https://comicbookmovie.com/disney/di...64#postcomment

… first Victoria Alonso, and now Ike. He’s the guy who basically tried to erase the X-men in favor of the Inhumans awhile back over the film rights. So good riddance in my view.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

… first Victoria Alonso, and now Ike. He’s the guy who basically tried to erase the X-men in favor of the Inhumans awhile back over the film rights. So good riddance in my view.
    Perlmutter is still one of Disney's biggest shareholders however he hasn't had any real decision power in a long time now so hopefully he can just eff off and enjoy retirement and his millions.

It's interesting though that the comics division (Dan Buckley) will now be reporting directly into Kevin Feige with no middleman. I don't really expect anything to change but I love that everything Marvel is now directly under Feige.

Good riddance to that Ghoul.

Perlmutter is still one of Disney's biggest shareholders however he hasn't had any real decision power in a long time now so hopefully he can just eff off and enjoy retirement and his millions.

It's interesting though that the comics division (Dan Buckley) will now be reporting directly into Kevin Feige with no middleman. I don't really expect anything to change but I love that everything Marvel is now directly under Feige.
    Yeah this particularly is an interesting development as these big changes continue. See ya, Perlmutter.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

X-Men: The big payback! Revenge!

I understood that reference.

Astonishing Member

*link*

What seems particular inefficient about the whole thing is how little sense it made to harm and manipulate the comics over it, rather than stay focused on improving the movie side of things.

Because from a purely business point of view it made sense to try and find a thematic and stylistic alternative (not necessarily the Inhumans but anything that could be re-designed to check similar boxes) to the X-men which they could use in their movies.
    Though the selected alternative would still have to struggle with the strong pop culture presence of the X-men.

Would it have been a clear immitation of the X-men and X-gene mutants? Obviously. Would people have cared as long the movies were fun and well made? Likely not.

Meanwhile the comics where allready largely sidelined to near irrelevancy for a major audience compared to all other products based on them.
    Mainly because of developments around the early 90's, in which they had shifted from inexpensive mass appeal product for children and teens, to an expensive niche collectors one. Which had also led to it's readers becomming associated with negative stereotypes.

This in turn created an odd situation where it was perfectly fine for the younger target audience to like super heros based on their toys, cartoons and movies, but reading the comics was seen as unpopular. Which does not seem to have changed much even with the success of the big budget movies.

So there seems to have been very little financial or cultural benefit in taking the largely unimportant Marvel comic books and manipulate their creation to harm the X-men franchise and try to hype up the Inhumans.

Beacuse argubaly barely anyone of the larger and more important movie and TV audience would have either noticed if the X-men comics had disappeared and all reprints canceled, nor would they have known who the Inhumans are beforehand.

(...) It's interesting though that the comics division (Dan Buckley) will now be reporting directly into Kevin Feige with no middleman. I don't really expect anything to change but I love that everything Marvel is now directly under Feige.
    It might fuel rumors again, that he could eventualy be convinced to greenlight the production of cheaper third party side story comics (like Disney's own comic brands) made solely with synergie to the MCU movies though.

Essentialy a second Marvel comics away from the old one.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-29-2023 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Good riddance to that Ghoul.
    Yeah, shame no-one that wealthy will ever suffer any real consequences for the **** they dump on us.

Brolin and Beetz rumored to return as Cable and Domino in ‘Deadpool 3’…

https://comicbookmovie.com/marvel-st...1391#gs.thl4ot

Brolin and Beetz rumored to return as Cable and Domino in ‘Deadpool 3’…

https://comicbookmovie.com/marvel-st...1391#gs.thl4ot

Sounds a bit packed, and they may just be cameos, but nice confirmation that they’re sticking around if true.

Cameos or supporting cast, I’ll take it either way.