Page 259 of 292 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4371

I also don't think an Eternal sequel is going to happen either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is not how Marvel works. That is the kind of dumb stuff DC/WB does which is why they are starting from scratch again. Your putting way way to much power in Deadpool 3 to think it will make Marvel drop all their plans and rush out a Avengers/X-men movie like that. It will not happen. Marvel has had a general plan for the X-Men ever since they got them back from Fox, and I doubt that has really changed and using all the Fox-Men cast has never been in the cards. I mean Jackman would be pushing 60 by the time they start filming the first X-Men movie and he already walked away once because he couldn't take staying in that kind of shape anymore. I am almost 100% sure he only came back to do this one movie and then he is out for good.

Plus again as much as you may love the Fox-Men the originals are all way to old. Marvel wants to be able to run this franchise for a good decade at least so they have to cast younger.
    Eh, I definitely think that's how Marvel works, especially now that they're flailing at the box office and Iger said they want to focus on their bigger properties. I think that, pre-Secret Wars, the old X-Men cast is fair game. Clearly, they're using them as a big part of the Multiverse Saga, since we've seen Stewart, Grammar and now Jackman and the rest. Marsden still looks great and could easily play Cyclops for a few more movies at least. The MCU has frequently used older actors in lead roles (half the original Avengers were in their 40s in the first movie, Paul Rudd is in his 50s). The only real reason they might not go that route is because Stewart and McKellen are looking very old these days. I hope they're both with us for a long time, but I don't know how long they can realistically expected to be playing these roles.

I hope we get a fresh take on the X-Men with a new cast post-Secret Wars. But until then, might as well use the guys we have. I'd love to see Marsden in a more classic costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Eh, I definitely think that's how Marvel works, especially now that they're flailing at the box office and Iger said they want to focus on their bigger properties. I think that, pre-Secret Wars, the old X-Men cast is fair game. Clearly, they're using them as a big part of the Multiverse Saga, since we've seen Stewart, Grammar and now Jackman and the rest. Marsden still looks great and could easily play Cyclops for a few more movies at least. The MCU has frequently used older actors in lead roles (half the original Avengers were in their 40s in the first movie, Paul Rudd is in his 50s). The only real reason they might not go that route is because Stewart and McKellen are looking very old these days. I hope they're both with us for a long time, but I don't know how long they can realistically expected to be playing these roles.

I hope we get a fresh take on the X-Men with a new cast post-Secret Wars. But until then, might as well use the guys we have. I'd love to see Marsden in a more classic costume.
    Stewart and McKellen are the type who will keep playing these roles until the end. They clearly love the characters and don't want to let them go. Kelsey Grammer is similar. He's mentioned how he wasn't supposed to be in DOFP. He's close friends with Stewart and McKellen and when he learned from them that they were filming for DOFP, that's when he reached out and asked to be put into the film too. And Famke Janssen mentioned how she was surprised after DOFP that there were no plans to reunite the original cast. That she kept expecting to hear about reprising her role and was hurt when she learned that the X-Men were going to continue as a younger cast.

I think as long as the actors are interested, and the principal ones seem to be, we'll continue to see them. Hugh said he would return if he could play in the MCU and act alongside the Avengers. Deadpool and Wolverine won't technically fulfill that. Wolverine is not being brought back for one last adventure with Deadpool that segues into the MCU only to drop out then with no future involvement or clashes with the Avengers. He's going to be here for the foreseeable future anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Stewart and McKellen are the type who will keep playing these roles until the end. They clearly love the characters and don't want to let them go. Kelsey Grammer is similar. He's mentioned how he wasn't supposed to be in DOFP. He's close friends with Stewart and McKellen and when he learned from them that they were filming for DOFP, that's when he reached out and asked to be put into the film too. And Famke Janssen mentioned how she was surprised after DOFP that there were no plans to reunite the original cast. That she kept expecting to hear about reprising her role and was hurt when she learned that the X-Men were going to continue as a younger cast.

I think as long as the actors are interested, and the principal ones seem to be, we'll continue to see them. Hugh said he would return if he could play in the MCU and act alongside the Avengers. Deadpool and Wolverine won't technically fulfill that. Wolverine is not being brought back for one last adventure with Deadpool that segues into the MCU only to drop out then with no future involvement or clashes with the Avengers. He's going to be here for the foreseeable future anyway.
    Right, but I don't know if Marvel is going to want to relaunch the franchise with Stewart pushing 90 after Secret Wars and it's up to Marvel Studios, not the actors.

Like I said, I love the idea of seeing the Fox versions return for the Multiverse Saga and seeing them in more comic-style costumes. It's awesome. But I do think that fresh blood is needed at some point. Part of what keeps things interesting in long-running movie series (like James Bond or Batman) is having new interpretations of these characters. Look, I loved Sean Connery as James Bond but if he never stepped down, we'd never have gotten the Roger Moore or Daniel Craig versions, who I loved, too. Honestly, I loved seeing McAvoy and Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto just as much, if not more, than Stewart and McKellen.

The X-Men movies started when I was 17. I'm 41 now and somehow we still have the same guy playing Wolverine. I love Hugh Jackman and I'm glad to see him showing up for some multiverse stuff, but I feel like there's no real surprises in that performance at this point. There's not much new there beyond him wearing the classic costume and having one last hurrah with the Avengers and Spider-Men. I'm ready for a new take after Secret Wars.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Total recast

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Right, but I don't know if Marvel is going to want to relaunch the franchise with Stewart pushing 90 after Secret Wars and it's up to Marvel Studios, not the actors.

Like I said, I love the idea of seeing the Fox versions return for the Multiverse Saga and seeing them in more comic-style costumes. It's awesome. But I do think that fresh blood is needed at some point. Part of what keeps things interesting in long-running movie series (like James Bond or Batman) is having new interpretations of these characters. Look, I loved Sean Connery as James Bond but if he never stepped down, we'd never have gotten the Roger Moore or Daniel Craig versions, who I loved, too. Honestly, I loved seeing McAvoy and Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto just as much, if not more, than Stewart and McKellen.

The X-Men movies started when I was 17. I'm 41 now and somehow we still have the same guy playing Wolverine. I love Hugh Jackman and I'm glad to see him showing up for some multiverse stuff, but I feel like there's no real surprises in that performance at this point. There's not much new there beyond him wearing the classic costume and having one last hurrah with the Avengers and Spider-Men. I'm ready for a new take after Secret Wars.
    Xavier is one of those characters who I can see getting killed off or written out. The same way Claremont used to constantly try writing him out. But I'm hearing all the big movie studios are now requiring that actors sign away their rights for A.I. to recreate them so I don't know if Marvel will go that route. It's the type of thing morally corrupt Disney would do.

I think part of the reason there's been hesitation to recast the X-Men isn't even the main team so much as Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto. Those three are so embedded in the public eye by their actors that it's very difficult to imagine anyone else. A new Wolverine could make or break the franchise and Marvel has been on a losing streak these last few years. Xavier in so many forms of media was modeled increasingly after Patrick Stewart to the point that they seem synonymous now. Breaking the public's perception of these characters isn't guaranteed to work as seen by the prequel cast where no one really took off or got accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Total recast
    Which actors did you dislike most?

Which actors did you dislike most?
    I didn't particularly dislike any of them, it was just that the original trilogy never felt like X-Men to me, it was more like Wolverine and pals. The material given to James Marsden, Famke Janssen and Halle Berry was so atrocious that I never felt attached to any of them. That's why I think a total recast after the secret wars is necessary.

I liked Cyclops in the first movie though, that's still the character's best live action appearance

I didn't particularly dislike any of them, it was just that the original trilogy never felt like X-Men to me, it was more like Wolverine and pals. The material given to James Marsden, Famke Janssen and Halle Berry was so atrocious that I never felt attached to any of them. That's why I think a total recast after the secret wars is necessary.
    I think better writing can work even with the old cast. The only one I feel who was thoroughly miscast was Halle Berry. She does not come across as Storm to me in anyway. I think James Marsden could still pull off Cyclops with better material but I see the risk of being overshadowed by Hugh Jackman's charisma.

I liked Cyclops in the first movie though, that's still the character's best live action appearance
    He felt relevant in that movie but not in the other two. I wonder why he was sidelined in X2. In X3 at least there was the excuse that his actor left the film to work on Superman Returns so his role was really just a cameo.

I think better writing can work even with the old cast. The only one I feel who was thoroughly miscast was Halle Berry. She does not come across as Storm to me in anyway. I think James Marsden could still pull off Cyclops with better material but I see the risk of being overshadowed by Hugh Jackman's charisma.

He felt relevant in that movie but not in the other two. I wonder why he was sidelined in X2. In X3 at least there was the excuse that his actor left the film to work on Superman Returns so his role was really just a cameo.
    Marsden has the necessary charisma, he did his best with what was given to him anyway. Berry's Storm being beaten by Toad of all people never ceases to make me laugh lol. One of the best superheroines ever was totally wasted.

The plan was to give Scott a much bigger role in the third movie but he left to work on Superman and well, he was killed off screen

Marsden has the necessary charisma, he did his best with what was given to him anyway. Berry's Storm being beaten by Toad of all people never ceases to make me laugh lol. One of the best superheroines ever was totally wasted.

The plan was to give Scott a much bigger role in the third movie but he left to work on Superman and well, he was killed off screen
    What? Storm killed Toad. Remember that infamous line?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    What? Storm killed Toad. Remember that infamous line?
    She shouldn't have had any problems handling him in the first place

You should check out the last few pages of the Storm thread. We were making fun of how Toad completely demolished Storm in that fight, beating her up over and over like a joke. And then the same thing happens in X3 with Callisto. Storm's scenes could almost be treated like a comedy between her atrocious wigs, fluctuating accent, and miserable fight scenes which really should be qualified as abuse scenes. You could tell they didn't even care to try anymore once her hair was gray instead of white in DOFP.

Have there ever been any leaked scripts for X3's original drafts? I know Scott was supposed to have a bigger role but I wonder if audiences would even feel enough of a connection to him at that point in terms of reaching out to Jean. With Logan as the protagonist and the previous film mostly focusing on his relationship with her while sidelining Scott for the middle portion of the film, I'm curious how that would work.

No one has mentioned this but Taylor Swift's new album has led to a lot of speculation that she may have been cast as Dazzler. She has a tendency to hint at things in her personal life in her lyrics.
    https://screenrant.com/deadpool-and-...zler-dazzling/