Page 231 of 282 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4229

Well, in reading some of the comments, it sounds like Cena just often posts random stuff to his Instagram without comment. So the general consensus is that it probably doesn't mean anything.

He could've been a fun variant of Cable IMO, but the actor definitely lacks the gravitas and acting chops of Josh Brolin. That's for sure.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

We're hearing that Marvel Studios has met with writers for its planned X-Men reboot, and the story is rumored to be more female-focused than previous movies, with Mr. Sinister as the villain...
    https://comicbookmovie.com/x_men/x-m...8417#gs.1t8a6w

To be taken with a huge fistful of salt, considering a writer still hasn't been hired for the movie... I'd say this is more of a wild but reasonably likely guess on Daniel Richtman's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

To be taken with a huge fistful of salt, considering a writer still hasn't been hired for the movie... I'd say this is more of a wild but reasonably likely guess on Daniel Richtman's part.
    Probably a guess. But may be true considering that Sue is a lead in F4 reboot.

Would love if it was true. As much as I love Magneto, I think starting with Mr.Sinister would be the smart choice. He’s compelling, iconic and weird enough for it to work.

As far as the roster I think I would go with something like this: Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Iceman (gay), Wolverine, Betsy and Jubilee. Fan favorite characters that were not explored enough in the Fox universe. Jean is a huge part of the X’Men and is always tied to Mr.Sinister but I think she needs a break. And some room for her stories since Wanda in the MCU became so similar to her.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

I've already seen all the backlash to this online and am rolling my eyes at it. For one thing, the X-men have the best female characters in comics. So, of course they're going to be featured in a big way in the MCU films. Secondly, I don't think this means they're going to ignore Cyclops, or Gambit, or Iceman, or some of the male characters. Perhaps after Jackman rides off into the sunset we get a break from Wolverine for a bit, to let the character breathe before they reintroduce him. That's fine with me. Or, perhaps they go with Laura or Daken, as the MCU's Wolverine with Jackman's version of the character dead or retired or in more of a mentor capacity. Also fine with me, as Hugh is my Wolverine and when he's done I almost don't even care what they do with the character after that honestly. But I digress...

... my point is that I think saying the film will be female-focused doesn't mean that it's "M-She-U" and will **** on all the male characters. Just means the females will have big, meaningful roles. Like in the comics. *sigh*
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Would love if it was true. As much as I love Magneto, I think starting with Mr.Sinister would be the smart choice. He’s compelling, iconic and weird enough for it to work.

As far as the roster I think I would go with something like this: Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Iceman (gay), Wolverine, Betsy and Jubilee. Fan favorite characters that were not explored enough in the Fox universe. Jean is a huge part of the X’Men and is always tied to Mr.Sinister but I think she needs a break. And some room for her stories since Wanda in the MCU became so similar to her.
    No break for Jean. Jean Grey is a core member of the X-Men and should always be included in any book, cartoon or movie.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Also, if Sinister really was the villain, it would be hard to believe Cyclops wouldn't have a big role. That said, Sinister makes more sense as a villain in a second film than a first one

I still think the MCU X-Men would benefit off of having a human antagonist for the first movie. Graydon Creed and the Friends of Humanity (armed to the teeth with weapons) would drive home the theme of 'saving a world that fears and hates them'.

But Sinister is cool, if it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

Oh my God yes. Jean should definitely be offscreen for a little while in the MCU. Let her be on a eat, pray, love journey or something and then bring her back after a few movies. As far as the roster though, I would personally go with Cyclops, Storm, Gambit, Psylocke, Beast and Kamala (she would be the stand in for Jubilee, since I have a feeling they'll place her with the mutants).

If Sinister retains his 'not a mutant' status, lean into his Darwinian mad scientist angle, and teases Apocalypse as the X-Men's Thanos, I guess he could work. But don't do the sassy Gillen Sinister. Do the scary mad scientist Sinister from the original Claremont/Silvestri run. With the orphanage and clone farm underground. That could work, with scary Mauraders and or Nasty Boys as his henchmen. Scott Summers would need to be the focus though, in this case.

The MCU is in such a state of chaos, though, I'm not really interested in X-Men from the current administration. Feige has fallen.

In the best case scenario from my opinion, the first MCU X-Men movie should have human villains. Politicians and their Sentinels program, but like, the classical AI Mastermold type Sentinels that disobey their human makers and try to take everyone out. Maybe also an x-gene vaccine or something like that, wrapped up with the Legacy Virus. Really lean into the current zeitgeist, but of course, big Hollywood and big Tech and their big Pharma financiers aren't really interested in the negative aspects of AI and such technologies, so I doubt they would lean into that direction. A Friends of Humanity cast as MAGA types would be more likely, I suppose. X-Men has long been a political concept, but I doubt the current Disney-Marvel would be able to thread the needle in such a way as to actually make a widely appealing film, given the real world political quagmire we find ourselves in atm.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Well, I think that humans shouldn't be the first villains, I think they should be the "final boss".

see the X-men fighting against different enemies and that in the background is present the hatred they receive and gradually building a final act in which they have to fight against their extinction...

I have to confess that a great X-Men team (with a diverse cast of visually striking mutants with great powers like Storm, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Wolverine, Phoenix, Rogue, Bishop) vs. huge Sentinels is what I'm looking most forward to see...Days of Future Past left me wanting so much more action scenes!!!

Mr. Sinister is clearly the best choice for a villain. Maybe find a way to combine a Sentinel program with his clone farm leading from the Sentinels to the Phalanx as the next big bads.

At this point, I have no idea how the MCU can pull it off. I'm barely watching any movies anymore. The last years have been oversaturated, boring, or bad/mediocre that I wished they would use the next two Avengers movies to restart the entire universe..I also think the MCU have to change things up completely. Give us "Generation Z X-Men" who attract a new generation and look badass and current. The entire MCU needs an aesthetic change for their superheroes. Every movie looks and is the same. The mutiversal angle also clearly broke the universe and did not really work besides Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-20-2023 at 01:57 AM.

Marvel needs less CGI, smaller, more character-driven movies, and to leave the special effects just for make the powers look spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The mutiversal angle also clearly broke the universe and did not really work besides Spider-Man.
    How? Marvel has barely used the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    How? Marvel has barely used the multiverse.
    Really? In my eyes, they keep telling the same story with the same boring/bad cgi aesthetic over and over again (Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Loki Season 2, What if... series, Ant-man, Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse I and II, The Marvels, even Endgame was already a multiversal storyline). I already stopped caring about this sh*it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Marvel needs less CGI, smaller, more character-driven movies, and to leave the special effects just for make the powers look spectacular.
    I think they need better CGI. Compare a movie like Rogue One and Ant-Man/The Marvels. One of those works beautifully, the others do not.

They also just need better written storylines. The last movies have been really bad written storylines without any stakes.

I still cannot believe how the could mess up for example a gorgeous storyline from the comicbooks like "Thor: Gorr The Godbutcher". The storyline was perfect to adapt it. But they created a ridiculous mess nobody gave a **** about.

The MCU deserve their recent commercial failures.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-20-2023 at 03:32 AM.