Page 216 of 278 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4165

I saw that last night. Not planning to see The Marvels in theaters, but HUGE news if true. Look forward to seeing the leak of the post-credits scene on YouTube at some point. Again, if true.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Possible huge spoilers for The Marvels' post-credit scene below!

Rumour has it that

spoilers:
    Kelsey Grammer's Beast from the Fox movies is appearing!
    end of spoilers
    That's a DCEU move if true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I saw that last night. Not planning to see The Marvels in theaters, but HUGE news if true. Look forward to seeing the leak of the post-credits scene on YouTube at some point. Again, if true.
    I'd be for it.

spoilers:
    Kelsey Grammer as Beast may be one of the most perfect castings in ANY superhero movie.
    end of spoilers

Here is something that seems to support that rumor:

https://uproxx.com/movies/the-marvel...-fox-universe/

Shawn Levy confirmed that Deadpool 3 will not be the title of his film and that it might be called "Deadpool and Wolverine" or something among those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Shawn Levy confirmed that Deadpool 3 will not be the title of his film and that it might be called "Deadpool and Wolverine" or something among those lines.
    Makes sense. Strike looks like it might be drawing to a close, so hopefully they’ll be back at it filming again soon.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm constantly refreshing the news about the strike specifically thinking about Deadpool/Wolverine. And for the good of the actors and for the other movies and shows I enjoy, sure, but mostly for Deadpool/Wolverine.

So... apparently Disney-Marvel Studios is setting up their films to fail now? LOL. Seems like the box office numbers are coming in lower than projected, so the narratives are already being cranked out...

The MCU Is Setting The Marvels Up To Fail
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...il/ar-AA1iINi8

... regardless, I think the only thing that can perhaps save them is the X-men at this point. And apparently I'm not alone in thinking that...

Marvel Is Reportedly Hoping The X-Men Can Save The MCU From Superhero Fatigue And Jonathan Majors Drama
    https://uproxx.com/movies/can-x-men-...nathan-majors/

... Deadpool 3 can't get here fast enough! But... what if it also disappoints? Now I'm nervous.

I mean I'm looking forward to The Marvels, but Disney/Marvel's problems I think is that they have been releasing projects that are either boring (Quantumania, that's you) or releasing ones about heroes the GA doesn't care enough about.

But the Uncanny X-Men and Deadpool 3 will change all of that soon enough.

Astonishing Member

Seeing a discussion about adaptations potentialy changing the powers of characters, reminded me how there are only a suprisingly small number of super powered humans in the 616 universe of the MCU, which would make the appearance of mutants a massive game changer.

Currently there is something of a "balance of power" in the MCU, where super powers/tool/abilities for humans are either the result of rare and expensive to make technologies, limited numbers of magical artifacts, exceptional knowledge or alien sources.

Empowerment therefor happens through specific and limited means, which the heros and villains can to some degree understand, prevent or revert. Furthermore since most villains are "one and done" major events in the movies, there are in general very few such individuals around.

Essentialy the major super institutions of MCU would be unprepared for the prospect of any human potentialy gaining widely different super powers.

Any third rate mercenary or criminal they encounter might have the power to shake the earth, command flames, have indestructable skin, the power to throw trucks, etc.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-04-2023 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I mean I'm looking forward to The Marvels, but Disney/Marvel's problems I think is that they have been releasing projects that are either boring (Quantumania, that's you) or releasing ones about heroes the GA doesn't care enough about.

But the Uncanny X-Men and Deadpool 3 will change all of that soon enough.
    Ehh Dark Phoenix and New Mutants kinda failed, so I don't expect Deadpool 3 to light the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Ehh Dark Phoenix and New Mutants kinda failed, so I don't expect Deadpool 3 to light the world on fire.
    Both Deadpools were hugely successful and that franchise has always kind of been its own thing. And this time they have Hugh Jackman and are going to crossover to the MCU. I don’t think the fact that Dark Phoenix and New Mutants were turds has any bearing on how DP3 will do.

Both Deadpools were hugely successful and that franchise has always kind of been its own thing. And this time they have Hugh Jackman and are going to crossover to the MCU. I don’t think the fact that Dark Phoenix and New Mutants were turds has any bearing on how DP3 will do.
    Also, Disney didn't promote ANY of the films they inherited from Fox after the merger. Most people don't even know that Dark Phoenix and New Mutants even exist due to their low awareness rate.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 11-06-2023 at 02:44 AM.

I thought New Mutants even went straight to streaming, no?

I thought New Mutants even went straight to streaming, no?
    New Mutants had a short lived theatrical release.