Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jean-Paul Beaubier/Northstar Appreciation 2024

Better Than Human: The Northstar Appreciation Thread

The place to discuss the complexities of the X-Men's snarky, gay, issue-ridden speedster in the far-flung year of 2023.

Current Appearances:

Gotta say, folks, I'm not holding out a lot of hope for spotlight on our favorite snarky speedster in 2024. But fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-01-2024 at 07:24 PM.

I wish his little miniseries was on Marvel Unlimited. Also hope we get some consistent JP in 2024.

Happy New Year 2024 Jean-Paul!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Happy New Year to Jean-Paul (and Kyle) and his fans .

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I enjoyed what little we got of Jean-Paul in the Alpha Flight mini. I'm looking forward to reading what Ben Percy will do with him on X-Force and hope to see more in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I enjoyed what little we got of Jean-Paul in the Alpha Flight mini. I'm looking forward to reading what Ben Percy will do with him on X-Force and hope to see more in 2024.

Are the twins supposed to have much to do over in X-Force? I thought they were essentially just dropping Akihiro off for the Sabertooth War.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Are the twins supposed to have much to do over in X-Force? I thought they were essentially just dropping Akihiro off for the Sabertooth War.
    I guess they could stick around for the showdown with Beast? Unless they aren't...

Happy New Year to the coolest speedster in the Marvel mythos (and all of his fans)!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The most I've read with this character was the last X-Factor book. And I really liked him in it! Hope he gets more spotlight soon.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by postfutureshock View Post
    I wish his little miniseries was on Marvel Unlimited. Also hope we get some consistent JP in 2024.
    Yeah. The mini wasn't great when it came out and hasn't aged well, but it's kind of fascinating historically, given that it was the biggest spotlight Northstar had gotten since his coming out.

Shine bright as a style ICON into 2024 NORTHSTAR. Glad he has gotten to keep his X-FACTOR suit designed by David Baldeon beyond his time in that title. Wouldn't mind if he alternated between that suit and his original.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-03-2024 at 02:04 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah. The mini wasn't great when it came out and hasn't aged well, but it's kind of fascinating historically, given that it was the biggest spotlight Northstar had gotten since his coming out.
    It's not great and hasn't aged well, but damn if I don't love it. There are lots of plot threads I wish we got to see more of like his friendship with Mariel. Plus, he gets his own rogues gallery:

They're losers, but I really liked Sadista, Barb, and Mister Nice.

? Is Northstar still able to generate light on his own, or does he need to be in contact with Aurora?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    ? Is Northstar still able to generate light on his own, or does he need to be in contact with Aurora?
    As of X-Factor, he and Aurora generated light (a colorful northern lights effect) when they touched, as the changes to her body from Langkowski's modifications have been reversed. That suggests he's back to default and can only create light when touching his sister.

On the other hand, in her time in Marauders, Aurora has been shown shooting blasts or explosions that appear to be concussive force, which fit nothing she could do before those changes or after those changes (when she generated bright light, not explosive force), so I have no idea what's up with that.