Page 246 of 278 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 4156
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Giancarlo Esposito says that him playing Professor X and Denzel Washington playing Magneto "would be great".
    Source: https://x.com/xmenupdate/status/1767...190803765?s=46

I just peed my pants at the thought. Esposito has been lobbying hard for that Professor X role, he's a fantastic actor and wants to do it so I say give it to him, Marvel Studios! Denzel as Magneto sounds more like a pipedream but it would kick enormous ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Wonder who will play him.
    Nolan North .

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

I just peed my pants at the thought. Esposito has been lobbying hard for that Professor X role, he's a fantastic actor and wants to do it so I say give it to him, Marvel Studios! Denzel as Magneto sounds more like a pipedream but it would kick enormous ass.
    I hate the term, but Giancarlo/Xavier and Denzel/Magneto WOULD COOK.

Kevin Feige, make some offers bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Reminds me of a Court of Owls Talon from BATMAN
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-11-2024 at 05:46 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

GE also said that he wouldn't want to play the character in a wheelchair because he doesn't feel old enough to need one. Which is weird because he somehow doesn't know that Charles was paralyzed and not there because of his age. Not to mention the fact that Stewart was a few years younger than he is now when the first movie was filmed.

And really. Enough with the talk of raceswapping too. Characters should look how they look in the comics.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 03-12-2024 at 01:13 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

That would be fantastic casting but I could only see Denzel doing it if his Magneto dies in his first appearance; can't see him signing on for a multi-picture deal.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

And really. Enough with the talk of raceswapping too. Characters should look how they look in the comics.
    Or what? The comics haven't gone anywhere, you have 50+ years worth of white Magneto and white Professor X stories you can read to affirm your delicate self-image.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Or what? The comics haven't gone anywhere, you have 50+ years worth of white Magneto and white Professor X stories you can read to affirm your delicate self-image.
    Delicate self-image? Are you kidding me with that nonsense? You don't even know what race I am.

Which means what? You don't need to be white to have a self-image affirmed by positive portrayals of whiteness in media, but I don't want to get into topics you won't be able to properly comprehend as it would be a waste of time.

Care to explain why an alternate universe adaptation of stories based on Marvel comics characters need to adhere to 616 for any reason other than your personal comfort? You are the opposite of creativity, and arguably anti-evolution which is ironic.

Alternate universe? BS. Which is why Nick Fury has been mostly black after SLJ and DC is doing similar with Perry White. You have Monet as your profile pic. Would you be happy if they cast a white woman instead of someone who looked like her? Highly doubt it.

Surely you don’t believe they’ll have a cast full of white people crying about being persecuted against because they’re mutants?

You must be one of those fans who also complain about the X-Men being woke.

Alternate universe? BS. Which is why Nick Fury has been mostly black after SLJ and DC is doing similar with Perry White. You have Monet as your profile pic. Would you be happy if they cast a white woman instead of someone who looked like her? Highly doubt it.
    So is your argument that the MCU and 616 comics are the same universe? lmfao

There are plenty of non-white characters. Nobody needs to be raceswapped. And the passive aggressive attitude aside, it's weird that you don't seem to comprehend the idea of mutant oppression at all. If you want it to be completely and utterly based on real world divisions, you never believed in the mutant oppression narrative. You seek to throw away the allegorical method, which works best because it represents anyone who feels different and rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    So is your argument that the MCU and 616 comics are the same universe? lmfao
    Answer the question. A white Monet. Yay or nay?

The fact that you think this is a gotcha as if I already haven't lived through Marvel forgetting Monet is Black for years' worth of appearances and casting white Latinos to play Sunspot onscreen not once but twice is hilarious.

So, you have her as your profile but don't even know her race? Gotcha.

(50% Berber, 25% black, and 25% white)