Page 57 of 274 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Matt Murdock in NWH
    You don't need to put a spoiler tag for this. Kevin Feige publicly revealed this before the movie came out that Charlie Cox was coming back. Not to mention the Netflix shows were always a part of the 616 MCU.

You are overly complicating something that isnt that complicated. The only thing that seperates mutants from other superbeings is their origin of powers. With numbers relatively low, there just hasnt been enough research done to discover and define what an X-gene is. That could be a new phenomenon that is found and made public just like it was in many X-men origin stories
    Don't think Marvel is interested in telling those types of stories with the X-Men.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-19-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Eternals were just 10 people while spoilers:
    Matt Murdock
    end of spoilers is just a guy, hardly comparable to mutants. And I also agree with your first option. It's just that I think Feige will bide his time when it comes to mutants and I'm completely fine with it.
    But thats my point. There are still superbeings out there that exist that we just dont know. In Civil War, the Accords were put in place and it was mentioned that the number of enhanced beingsaround the world has grown exponentially. Back then it was easy to assume it referred to the Inhumans as seen in Agents of SHIELD, but that can retroactively include mutantas as well

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    You don't need to put a spoiler tag for this. Kevin Feige publicly revealed this before the movie came out that Charlie Cox was coming back. Not to mention the Netflix shows were always a part of the 616 MCU.
    It was a shocker for me and many movie goers that went to see the film. Not everyone reads/watches every interview Feige does. The Neflix shows being a part of the 616 MCU doesnt make it not a spoiler. If Jessica Jones and Luke Cage appear in Thor, that would still be a spoiler. And what does it matter that I spoiler tag something? Its a consideration for anyone that has yet to see the film bc this isnt a thread about said film
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-19-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Some of you act like you've never seen X-men Evolution. Mutants exists in that show for two seasons and all of eternity before they were revealed to the public at the end of season 2.

It was a shocker for me and many movie goers that went to see the film. Not everyone reads/watches every interview Feige does. The Neflix shows being a part of the 616 MCU doesnt make it not a spoiler. If Jessica Jones and Luke Cage appear in Thor, that would still be a spoiler. And what does it matter that I spoiler tag something? Its a consideration for anyone that has yet to see the film bc this isnt a thread about said film
    My point about the Netflix shows being canon is that Matt isn't comparable to mutants. We already knew he existed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Some of you act like you've never seen X-men Evolution. Mutants exists in that show for two seasons and all of eternity before they were revealed to the public at the end of season 2.
    I love that show but if I remember it right they pretty much handwaved how mutants weren't public knowledge. Xavier mindwipes anyone who witnesses mutants right? This can happen at any second all around the globe yet he managed to keep this a secret from the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I love that show but if I remember it right they pretty much handwaved how mutants weren't public knowledge. Xavier mindwipes anyone who witnesses mutants right? This can happen at any second all around the globe yet he managed to keep this a secret from the whole world.
    It was also unlike Xavier considering he is suppose to believe in integration, not segregation.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly Krakoa is basically the perfect plot device for the MCU to use. The mutants have always been hidden away on Krakoa much like how Wakanda kept much of their society hidden away from the public. The snap (and the reversal of the snap) causing a major power shift in global powers leads to Krakoa emerging as a nation to get their own seat.

And maybe as part of that, Xavier establishes a public-facing school in Manchester, NY.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly Krakoa is basically the perfect plot device for the MCU to use. The mutants have always been hidden away on Krakoa much like how Wakanda kept much of their society hidden away from the public. The snap (and the reversal of the snap) causing a major power shift in global powers leads to Krakoa emerging as a nation to get their own seat.

And maybe as part of that, Xavier establishes a public-facing school in Manchester, NY.
    I don't like the idea of Xavier hunting and forcing mutants to hide on an island. Xavier is a jerk, but making him a segregationist pretty much spits in the face of what the X-Men stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

It really isnt. The concept of Krakoa doesnt work without the knowledge of mutants being public. In the books mutants go to Krakoa bc they are being persecuted and hated and thigns get so bad that they break off and form their own nation. How does this even happen in the MCU when mutants are not only not widely recognized but arent persecuted and hated bc people dont know about them?
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-19-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

It really isnt. The concept of Krakoa doesnt work without the knowledge of mutants being public. In the books mutants go to Krakoa bc they are being persecuted and hated and thigns get so bad that they break off and form their own nation. How does this even happen in the MCU when mutants are not only not widely recognized but arent persecuted and hated bc people dont know about them?
    It also contradicts the general pop culture image of the X-men and mutants, which anyone with a passing knowledge of the X-men franchise will not only be familiar with but also expect to see in some capacity in how ever the MCU will treat them.

Primarily that mutants are a form of "the others among us". A fictional set of people who live in counterparts to real world civilizations and societies who thanks to their super powers either feel pressured to hide their "true nature" from the general population around them or chose/be forced to stick out from the "normality" of their social/cultura/ethnical environment and have to experience various forms of reactions by that. So there needs to be constant contact between them and the rest of humanity.

(Also of course the classic super hero theme of what ever someone uses super powers for selfish/evil purpose or selfless/good purpose, regardless of how much they will suffer or be rewarded for it, but here applied to something a person will always have by birth, rather than gained from exterior effects.)

Krakoa removes this fundamental cosmopolitical aspect of the x-gene mutants and their heros or villains from their world and therefor goes contrary to what most people will be familiar with.

We are talking about common knowledge build up by 3 cartoon shows (TAS, Evolution, WATX), 13 movies (X-men 1, X-men 2: United, X-men: The Last Stand, Wolverine Origins, The Wolverine, First Class, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, Logan, New Mutants, Deadpool 1 and 2), a TV show (i don't know if i can count Mutant X) multiple video games and video game appearances, toy lines, other merchandising and references ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Xavier's actor and use of wheelchair in Multiverse of Madness more than highlights the usage of this established familarity and viewer expectation in order to generate a quick positive emotional responces from the viewers.

No version of X-men ever had anything like Krakoa or mutants being removed and secluded to a singular hidden super tech "elf village" deal.

Just like how Spiderman barely needs introduction anymore thanks to all his pop culture presence, neither do the X-men, but both still require to fit said pop culture image to bank on said familarity. Breaking with that will just risk repulsing viewers for not fitting what they expect.

Infact the Deadpool movies, of which there will be at least one more it seems, has actualy gone so far as to present a world in which mutants have become a normality, both in how they are abused and exploited by some evil groups and individuals, but also treated as matter of fact by the general population to the point where mutants openly apply for jobs with their powers on the internet and people on the street don't even pay too much attention to them anymore.

So there might be a much bigger expectation from viewers that a MCU dimension with X-men might look like that.

That and it pretty much only works in the comics thanks to world building elements and super power limits (or lack thereof) which were build up over decades of publication. Not to forget some serious retcons.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-19-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Everyone over thinks it. There doesnt need to be a super elaborate explanation why we havent seen them before.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't think Marvel Studios cares about doing another mutant introduction/origin story, which already covered by the prequel movies.
    Except...1) The X-men will clearly be VERY different in the MU, so it will be necessary to explain who they are and 2) Apart from Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine, nobody really was very well explored. Though I imagine most background will probably be seen in a Disney + show, if any.

I don't like the idea of Xavier hunting and forcing mutants to hide on an island. Xavier is a jerk, but making him a segregationist pretty much spits in the face of what the X-Men stand for.
    Who said anything about them being forced and hunted?

No one is suggesting a 100% faithful adaptation, since the MU never did that; but Krakoa fits perfectly as a base of operation, a way to explain why mutants managed to hide so far, and an unique concept and visual that immediately sets this version apart from the others. I strongly doubt the X-men will be once again based on the mansion.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Though I admit one way they could do it: have the mutants be from the Fox universe migrating after Kang destroyed their world. That's unlikely for a number of reasons but you could play it as an immigration/great replacement paranoia type thing

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Everyone over thinks it. There doesnt need to be a super elaborate explanation why we havent seen them before.
    This for real I totally agree. Don’t over think it. They’ll do what they want.

It can start with 05 and krakoa giant size in movie 1. Then oh man it’s cool bad guy island is now their base in movie 2 or 3. Or they could do **** out of order like they sort of did with Wanda. Mutants/xmen on island or isolated then move to school? Regardless I don’t think they’ll bog it down with Kang/snap bs

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Though I admit one way they could do it: have the mutants be from the Fox universe migrating after Kang destroyed their world. That's unlikely for a number of reasons but you could play it as an immigration/great replacement paranoia type thing
    That would be awful. In the 616, human racists keep saying mutants don't belong there and are not like regular humans. With this, they would be right, at least partially so.

Not to mention that a) If they came to this world, there's no reason they couldn't go to another Earth or planet that doesn't have anyone living there; b) Immediately makes the X-men look like chumps, by losing to Kang completely and c) Would inevitably make Kang the X-men's biggest foe and target.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    This for real I totally agree. Don’t over think it. They’ll do what they want.

It can start with 05 and krakoa giant size in movie 1. Then oh man it’s cool bad guy island is now their base in movie 2 or 3. Or they could do **** out of order like they sort of did with Wanda. Mutants/xmen on island or isolated then move to school? Regardless I don’t think they’ll bog it down with Kang/snap bs
    Again people: if the Avengers didn't start with the original team, why does the X-men have to?