Page 7 of 274 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I still have doubts about Krakoas impact if it's how we meet them for the first time. It'd work best if it were the Fox universe versions but that likely won't be the case.

One things for sure: the X-Men will finally finally have proper superhero suits. I'm still pissed they had perfect outfits at the end of Apocalypse and then immediately traded them in for fucking 20 dollar jackets

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I think if you're trying to establish the X-men as something different than the Avengers- not really superheroes, a parallel to civil rights issues- then fighting a giant island is the wrong way to do it.

Spectacular Member

they fox films already beat that drumbeat and i don't necessarily think disney will do the same thing. mcu movies have superficially addressed stuff like that, these are action blockbusters first and disney knows it

winter soldier went full brubaker, until the last act, then suddenly helicarrier battle out of nowhere at the climax
    rogue one was supposed to be a grunt star wars movie, then suddenly space battle out of nowhere at the climax

the studio knows regular folks might come to these movies to see explosions and get their money's worth too.

second genesis is a classic comic story (not just x-story) that i'm sure feige loves (being the huge x-fan that he is), and hasn't really been touched by fox. making it globe-trotting can tie it into sokovia fallout (wanda/pietro), wakanda, etc...the only other option which i can also him him doing is a pseudo-back to basics like homecoming did with high school lee/ditko spidey, with the O5 taking on magneto/missile base in vol 1. , but first class essentially already did that and he doesn't like to repeat himself

or maybe he just goes full multiverse and introduces a complete x-team into the mainline lol

either way i'd bet top $$$ that we're getting classic rogue draining carol at some point

Astonishing Member

I kind of hope that if they do use Krakoa, it's not as they're using it right now. I mean, it's an interesting experiment right now in the comics. But the thing is that turning mutantkind into a sovereign nation with its own government and everything feels kind of like trying to change the X-Men into something more like the Inhumans.

I guess maybe it could work as the stronghold for Magneto's faction. Like a more earth-bound Asteroid M.

For instance re: not doing Krakoa: Sinister on the Council, for instance, or just the idea of all the villains living with the X-Men, means absolutely nothing if we're meeting those characters for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Boo! I like Logan in the context of the team moreso than him on his own. I like the Weapon X angle to weave into the established MCU lore, but bringing him into a more heroic angle is crucial to his mass appeal. Plus none of the established character dynamics work with X23. It would be like doing the Avengers with Riri instead of Tony.
    The MCU isn't a one-to-one adaptation of the comics so the established character dynamics don't really matter. Besides, if Logan is in a solo it means there is less temptation to have him hog the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The MCU isn't a one-to-one adaptation of the comics so the established character dynamics don't really matter. Besides, if Logan is in a solo it means there is less temptation to have him hog the spotlight.
    MCU is a general adaption and it gets most of big point rights and Wolverine is important to the X-men. X-men fans are too shell shock from fox. It never occurs to people that multiple X-men didn't get to shine because Fox suck at making movies. MCU has advantage over Fox is that MCU cares about expanding. Instead of people worrying about if Wolverine will hog the spotlight lets hope that X-men do good so they expand beyond just "X-men" movies. I will put this way lets pretend that Wolverine,Storm,Cyclops,Jean Grey,Magneto and Xavier are line up of the X-men. Do we care that is line up if soon after

1. We get a New Mutants movie
    2. We get X-force movie
    3. We get a X-factor show on Hulu
    4. We get a quality X-men cartoon
    5. We get 1 shot shows(like the Loki and Scarlet Witch) for Gambit, Storm, O5, Bishop on Disney Plus
    6. we get a academy show for the teen X-men on Disney plus

The answer is No the MCU does its job and present the X-men in its best light. We are guaranteed spin off projects and what fans actually want will happen. People seem to forget that Fox wreck X-men Origins Wolverine and it suck so hard they drop what they were think about next which was X-men Origins Magneto. Some of the script X-men Origins Magneto become X-men First Class. This was important because that was the pipeline to more movies like say X-men Origins Gambit, X-men Origins Multiple Man, X-men Origins Kitty Pryde ,etc. Anyways before I go to off track and someone getting too salty at me bashing Fox and topic goes off track I will end here.

Wolverine should be a big focus in main X-men storylines but the X-men is big enough concept where other things should be popular to make content
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-15-2020 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Precisely the problem I set out to solve by making him an anti-hero and having him in more of a supporting guest-star role in the X-men films. Look, like it or not, Logan is very popular. You aren’t going to get it both ways, where he’s firmly entrenched in the X-men team films but also held back with little spotlight so other characters can shine. Therefore I think pulling him out and giving him his own adventures apart from the rest of the X-men is the best way to do this. Maybe even have him join the New Avengers or something... eventually. Once he’s won the trust of the other heroes. But still keeping his “anti-hero” edge.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    For instance re: not doing Krakoa: Sinister on the Council, for instance, or just the idea of all the villains living with the X-Men, means absolutely nothing if we're meeting those characters for the first time.
    The more I think about it, the more it makes sense for the world to have a reason to hate mutants if they are a "mutant first" nation where guys like magneto/sinister are given sanctuary

Works a little bit more than the original Civil rights allegory/lgbt that singer was doing in the modern context. Minorities are accepted now and the avengers are beloved, wouldn't make sense if other heroes weren't, even spidey isn't a "menace"

But I don't think you could do the mutant nation in an introduction but down the road as mutants justifying its existence to protect themselves and it becomes kind of a self fulfilling prophecy lol

Also, FWIW, in 2008 the original plan was for both the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man and the Fox X-men to be in the MCU.

https://youtu.be/68NYxuf2Qrg

Putting this out there: what if the X-Men reboot is as a Disney+ show, not a movie?

Putting this out there: what if the X-Men reboot is as a Disney+ show, not a movie?
    It's the ideal format, but it will never happen.

BANNED

I don't think they'll skip Xavier or change the X-Mens themes, I just think they will focus more on characters who didn't do much in the older movies, to make them more distinct from the Fox versions. Like Angel, for instance.
    They will change the themes because Disney unfortunately struggles greatly to connect deep into themes.Those who are saying it will be like first class and likely mostly correct but only roughly like first class. I think the difference would be unlike first class, their introduction will focus more on action and humor, first class was a period setting piece movie that did not really need a sequel. its also a movie that the main plot is more about past events. the civil rights story and nuclear cold war between usa and russia. MCU is unlikely to have a plot with that amount of past historical draw call backs. the closest they got was with Capitan America 1 set in world war 2 and that is one of their most forgettable films. something that now baffles me because Disney had not bought marvel then to even water marvel's grounded stories further.

I am going to say the first xmen film in the mcu would be first class light mixed more with connecting xmen to other series , the big obvious is Black Panther.

Another reason why I think their introduction would be similar to first class is because first class though a very heavy xmen movie with some good dark moments is the least dark of the xmen movies. Got to admit, it is quite perfect for MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's the ideal format, but it will never happen.
    Never say never...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/12/disn...-consumer.html

It’s clear that they see streaming as the future. Now, whether that’s more Dis+ shows or just feature films coming out “day and date” of release on that platform remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Never say never...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/12/disn...-consumer.html

It’s clear that they see streaming as the future. Now, whether that’s more Dis+ shows or just feature films coming out “day and date” of release on that platform remains to be seen.
    I think we'll see shows with the X-men on it, not the main team itself. The movies are the team books, the shows are the solos, so to speak.