Page 56 of 255 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Looks like we might see the X-Men pretty soon.
    I... don't see the connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I... don't see the connection?
    He is suggesting that the 838 MCU will make a return due to the events of Multiverse of Madness. That MCU has its own X-Men.

Astonishing Member

He is suggesting that the 838 MCU will make a return due to the events of Multiverse of Madness. That MCU has its own X-Men.
    It has... had a Professor Charles Xavier. Everything else regarding mutants is up in the air, since he can exist as singular entity without the team.

Meanwhile the Fantastic Four have to exist in that universe judging by Reeds outfit. Same goes for the Inhumans as society/faction. So at this point they are more likely to show up than the X-men.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It has... had a Professor Charles Xavier. Everything else regarding mutants is up in the air, since he can exist as singular entity without the team.

Meanwhile the Fantastic Four have to exist in that universe judging by Reeds outfit. Same goes for the Inhumans as society/faction. So at this point they are more likely to show up than the X-men.
    This exactly. I think it's pretty telling that MoM name-dropped the Fantastic Four, the Inhumans and the Terrigen Mists but, despite featuring Professor Xavier, they Voldemorted "mutants" and "X-Men" completely... when they hit, they're gonna hit HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This exactly. I think it's pretty telling that MoM name-dropped the Fantastic Four, the Inhumans and the Terrigen Mists but, despite featuring Professor Xavier, they Voldemorted "mutants" and "X-Men" completely... when they hit, they're gonna hit HARD.
    You got a point there.

They do indeed mention the Fantastic Four.

Makes me wonder if they are saving the X-Men for an incursion story.

I've always thought we'll see FF sooner than X-men in the MCU and I know a lot of other people have done too. They are just four people plus Franklin and Valeria down the line, fairly easy to integrate. X-men on the other hand requires strong justification for why we haven't seen them before. And to be honest I'd be happy if we get FF and Inhumans before X-men in the MCU. FF had 3 craptastic movies and an unreleased cheesefest with pocket change for budget and Inhumans had an awful tv show. Compared to them X-men had a semi successful run at Fox. I'd much rather see properties butchered before on the big screen first (I don't mean X-men has never been done dirty, they have but compared to the other two they had it somewhat good)

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I've always thought we'll see FF sooner than X-men in the MCU and I know a lot of other people have done too. They are just four people plus Franklin and Valeria down the line, fairly easy to integrate. X-men on the other hand requires strong justification for why we haven't seen them before. And to be honest I'd be happy if we get FF and Inhumans before X-men in the MCU. FF had 3 craptastic movies and an unreleased cheesefest with pocket change for budget and Inhumans had an awful tv show. Compared to them X-men had a semi successful run at Fox. I'd much rather see properties butchered before on the big screen first (I don't mean X-men has never been done dirty, they have but compared to the other two they had it somewhat good)
    I thought the 2005 Fantastic Four was okay.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't think X-men are that hard to introduce. Most of them start as teenagers just discovering their powers, so they weren't around if you introduce them that way. Logan was always in the shadows, and Xavier wasn't out as mutant for a long time. Even Apocalypse with the new Krakoa origin can simply be said to have gone to Arakko with his family and be introduced as their leader in a later movie.

The big one is Magneto, tough. With his age, Holocaust ties and not discreet at all persona he'll be hard to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't think X-men are that hard to introduce. Most of them start as teenagers just discovering their powers, so they weren't around if you introduce them that way. Logan was always in the shadows, and Xavier wasn't out as mutant for a long time. Even Apocalypse with the new Krakoa origin can simply be said to have gone to Arakko with his family and be introduced as their leader in a later movie.

The big one is Magneto, tough. With his age, Holocaust ties and not discreet at all persona he'll be hard to fit.
    I don't think Marvel Studios cares about doing another mutant introduction/origin story, which already covered by the prequel movies.

I thought the 2005 Fantastic Four was okay.
    It was fine except they turned Doom into Norman Osborn lite which is criminal. None of the FF movies got their villains right. They turned Doom into a smug businessman first and then whatever that abomination was in 2015 movie. Ironically the best Doom is in the unreleased one, it was quite faithful and had that cheesy 60's comics energy. And Galactus was a giant cloud. At least X-men had a great Magneto in both McKellen and Fassbender.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

Maybe not hard but they definitely have to put more thought into it. FF is easy and with Inhumans they can say they've been on the moon all this time while X-men has to be among humanity or at least on earth and they are much greater in number. I don't buy they come from another universe theory. It robs mutants of all their history. I think the least bumpy approach is to say they were always there but very small in number and the snap basically caused a lot of new mutants to be born and activated the x-gene of those that already have it. Anything else seems contrived to me.

Why do they need a justification? There are two ways that Marvel can handle it.

1) Mutations have existed on a small scale but are now becoming a more common occurrence. The bulk of the X-men that we know are just now having their X-gene activated.

2) Xavier's school for gifted youngers exist as merely a school and unlike the comics, he wasnt training them to be superheroes/paramilitary group. There can be an event that causes the students to step forward and formally become the X-men

In either case, people need to remember that just bc we havent seen someting in the MCU, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Eternals, spoilers:
    Matt Murdock
    end of spoilers in NWH and im sure some other projects have shown that there are other super beings in the MCU that have existed for years beyond what we saw in the first Phases of films. I dont see why the X-men would need to be different

Maybe not hard but they definitely have to put more thought into it. FF is easy and with Inhumans they can say they've been on the moon all this time while X-men has to be among humanity or at least on earth and they are much greater in number. I don't buy they come from another universe theory. It robs mutants of all their history. I think the least bumpy approach is to say they were always there but very small in number and the snap basically caused a lot of new mutants to be born and activated the x-gene of those that already have it. Anything else seems contrived to me.
    You are overly complicating something that isnt that complicated. The only thing that seperates mutants from other superbeings is their origin of powers. With numbers relatively low, there just hasnt been enough research done to discover and define what an X-gene is. That could be a new phenomenon that is found and made public just like it was in many X-men origin stories
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-19-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why do they need a justification? There are two ways that Marvel can handle it.

1) Mutations have existed on a small scale but are now becoming a more common occurrence. The bulk of the X-men that we know are just now having their X-gene activated.

2) Xavier's school for gifted youngers exist as merely a school and unlike the comics, he wasnt training them to be superheroes/paramilitary group. There can be an event that causes the students to step forward and formally become the X-men

In either case, people need to remember that just bc we havent seen someting in the MCU, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Eternals, spoilers:
    Matt Murdock
    end of spoilers in NWH and im sure some other projects have shown that there are other super beings in the MCU that have existed for years beyond what we saw in the first Phases of films. I dont see why the X-men would need to be different

You are overly complicating something that isnt that complicated
    Eternals were just 10 people while spoilers:
    Matt Murdock
    end of spoilers is just a guy, hardly comparable to mutants. And I also agree with your first option. It's just that I think Feige will bide his time when it comes to mutants and I'm completely fine with it.

Residual energies from the snap attached to certain humans and the stress of an "extinction" level event forced the awakening of the x-gene so it's only been around about 5 years in varying ages. Though depending on when xmen comes out it will be much longer than the 5 years it was.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/