Page 60 of 268 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    And Zazie Beetz is just great and I really liked her Domino, comic accurate or not.
    Yes, please! I would love to see more of Negasonic and Bedlam (on the remote chance he's not super-dead...) and Vanessa, but Zazie's Domino is a must-have for me (right up there with Reynold's Deadpool)!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    They're def recasting/rebooting. That shouldn't really be up for question. The new X-Men actors had zero and maybe even negative pop culture impact and the older ones who the audience actually liked are too old to play these roles. X-Men probably isn't gonna be used for another few years so a lot of these characters will be close to 60. They're not going to have 60 year old Famke play Jean (and I actually liked her in the role but be real). We'll get Hugh Jackman as Old Man Logan in Secret Wars but that's the only Fox character I expect to see other than the Deadpool squad
    Seconded, young blood is needed besides people forget that DoFP linked Xavier and his class of the future dystopia and Xavier and his class of the 80s .If Xavier is from that continuity in the 838 then at a minimum we are getting Sophie as Jean following the logic that there's a universe where she didn't get to host the Phoenix yet, not Famke.

Having said that we need a young team, would be funny if America Chavez is actually a mutant and is the movie universe's version of Moira with a much bigger plan than initially revealed in MoM
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-22-2022 at 04:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Just a random thought: I think it would be fun if they included the Moira/HOXPOX angle in the movies, with the ultimate goal to bring in the Krakoa setting, but not as a retcon/later revelation but from the get-go. Like showing Xavier, Moira and Magneto working together and basically pretending to be adversaries most of the time in order to fulfil a particular path to Krakoa. Essentially showing the retconned history of the X-Men following HOXPOX, the one we never actually saw in the comics because that's not how Moira was created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Just a random thought: I think it would be fun if they included the Moira/HOXPOX angle in the movies, with the ultimate goal to bring in the Krakoa setting, but not as a retcon/later revelation but from the get-go. Like showing Xavier, Moira and Magneto working together and basically pretending to be adversaries most of the time in order to fulfil a particular path to Krakoa. Essentially showing the retconned history of the X-Men following HOXPOX, the one we never actually saw in the comics because that's not how Moira was created.
    Yeah I think this is a good way to fill in the missing years for the comics.You don't have to introduce Xavier as the school HM, you say he started the school and after some years got promoted into government circles to be a spokesman for mutants, same with Magneto you say he was a mutant terrorist that suddenly went off the radar , give Moira a backstory too. Drop hints here or there while main movie villains are Sinister, Selene or Exodus from instalment to instalment and only later reveal that Xavier,Moira and Eric have been working together moving pieces in place to grow Krakoa as a mutant community ,you don't have to go from 0 to 100 with the protocols,a sentient island(imo Krakoa itself should be revealed to have bizzare healing and regenerative capability of mutant tissue to not require cerebro at least as a resurrection tool or the 5 in the movies)but you can get there over a series of movies by the end of phase 5 itself as long as the plot points are interconnected.
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-22-2022 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    All the people I mentioned are old for the characters they play. Bruce Banner can be any age, Nick Fury is supposed to be older, Vision is a robot, and Paul Rudd drinked the Infinity Formula, so he doesn't count. The X-men all start as either teenagers or very young adults, is part of the point that they are young and just discovering their powers. You don't get when they are all older, AND you get the question of where the hell were they all this time. Also, there's nothing certain that the 838 Illuminati will resemble their main MU version.
    I don't think Marvel wants to have the X-Men just discovering their powers. Because it was already covered.

Marvel doesn't have to worry about answering where the X-Men have been now that they're building to Secret Wars. Because that is likely going to reboot the timeline, similar to Days of Future Past. They could say the X-Men were established decades ago and explore their backstory in an animated series like they are doing with Spider-Man.

They're def recasting/rebooting. That shouldn't really be up for question. The new X-Men actors had zero and maybe even negative pop culture impact and the older ones who the audience actually liked are too old to play these roles. X-Men probably isn't gonna be used for another few years so a lot of these characters will be close to 60. They're not going to have 60 year old Famke play Jean (and I actually liked her in the role but be real). We'll get Hugh Jackman as Old Man Logan in Secret Wars but that's the only Fox character I expect to see other than the Deadpool squad
    They could do what they are doing with the Avengers and focus on legacy characters. Like I said, Dafne Keen is only 17 years old and saying that she had zero or negative pop culture impact is just silly. People loved Laura.

The Hollywood Reporter stated way back in early 2019 that Kevin Feige approach several members of the old X-Men guard. My Time To Shine has also said similar things.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-22-2022 at 12:12 PM.

I also don't think porting Deadpool and his supporting cast in the 616 is going to be simple. Because that would trigger an incursion and destroy that universe, which is what almost happened in Spider-Man: No Way Home.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, they can do the "Death of Deadpool" story and end it with an incursion just like the comic did.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-22-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I don't think Marvel wants to have the X-Men just discovering their powers. Because it was already covered.

Marvel doesn't have to worry about answering where the X-Men have been now that they're building to Secret Wars. Because that is likely going to reboot the timeline, similar to Days of Future Past. They could say the X-Men were established decades ago and explore their backstory in an animated series like they are doing with Spider-Man.

They could do what they are doing with the Avengers and focus on legacy characters. Like I said, Dafne Keen is only 17 years old and saying that she had zero or negative pop culture impact is just silly. People loved Laura.

The Hollywood Reporter stated way back in early 2019 that Kevin Feige approach several members of the old X-Men guard. My Time To Shine has also said similar things.
    Which legacy characters do you expect them to use? I don't see any way characters like Cyclops and Storm won't be used. Hence they will be recast when they are introduced into the MCU

Which legacy characters do you expect them to use? I don't see any way characters like Cyclops and Storm won't be used. Hence they will be recast when they are introduced into the MCU
    Laura, Hope Summers, New X-Men, etc. The first two characters have already been introduced. Cyclops and Storm can be used just like Banner and Vision are still being used, who are the same ages as those actors.

In fact, you can do a lot with Cyclops and Cable.

Laura, Hope Summers, New X-Men, etc. The first two characters have already been introduced. Cyclops and Storm can be used just like Banner and Vision are still being used, who are the same ages as those actors.
    Yea I don't see this happening at all lol. I'm expecting the X-Men to be rebooted into the MCU the same way the Fantastic Four is getting rebooted into the MCU. New young actors for the iconic characters.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yea I don't see this happening at all lol. I'm expecting the X-Men to be rebooted into the MCU the same way the Fantastic Four is getting rebooted into the MCU. New young actors for the iconic characters.
    They will. Not only there's no demand for the older actors, there's the fact that the continuity of those movies makes no sense. And Marvel didn't spend billions to buy Fox so they can use Hope and X-23 while leaving Cyclops, Storm and Wolverine on the bench or played by 60 year olds that were never popular in the roles when they can cast a cheaper 20 year old now and have they play the characters for 30 years (a good evidence of that is they made America Chavez and the Wanda twins even younger than they are in the comics, suggesting they are taking the long view)

Some people are also overestimating the Secret Wars references. That story will play out for a lot longer than the Thanos plot did, because it's a whole lot bigger. There's not even an Avengers movie in sight right now.

Astonishing Member

So far there have been two x-men actors in the MCU, both generated buzz, but were ‘dispensed’ with fairly quickly and the whole set up was basically a troll to the die hard fans. Not sure how many x-characters MCU will show will bother to somehow bring back just to kill off or ‘Bohner.’
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 05-22-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

One interesting aspect about the world of the Deadpool movies, which i mentioned previously, is that the mutants in that world are almost treated as "exceptional mundanity" by the majority of people in it.

Basicly while mutants are seemingly still a frequent topic in that world and there is an obvious level of abuse, exploitation, hate and discrimination going on against them, they are not the number one topic anymore and also met with equal levels of approval, friendliness, acceptance and support, with a big dose of "meh as long as it doesn't affect me" in between that.

Which interesting enough actualy resembles how the public is dealing with all the super natural stuff in the world of the MCU (616) aswell.

So Marvel Studios taking inspiration for their own mutant universe from that of the Deadpool movies doesn't seem all that farfetched. It's more stable and has a much more "healthy" foundation for stories than that of the original FOX X-men movies, hence a better example to draw from.

Plus G-rated Deadpool from his own movies meeting his identical but PG-13 rated version from the potential MCU mutant universe seems like a joke that writes itself.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That would be awful. In the 616, human racists keep saying mutants don't belong there and are not like regular humans. With this, they would be right, at least partially so.

Not to mention that a) If they came to this world, there's no reason they couldn't go to another Earth or planet that doesn't have anyone living there; b) Immediately makes the X-men look like chumps, by losing to Kang completely and c) Would inevitably make Kang the X-men's biggest foe and target.
    I mean "mutants don't belong in the human world and aren't like humans" is currently the X-Men crest and motto since Hickman so

I would say since Morrison run. Just google all the cool all white cast shots. lol,

Most the mutants of color you couldn't tell. lol.

I suspect this change in diversity and prominence of white in the x-books again is why it was so okay with the fans that this "Saved the xmen" When Grant started the whole supremacy mutant thing with groups targetting humans and creating mutant groups to push them around.

Never forget.

Hopefully Disney knows better than to rely on that work.

edited for pronoun. that is still fairly new info for me about grant but i want to respect them.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-23-2022 at 08:10 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/