Default X-Men Unlimited #138 - Fall of X #18 - Review/Spoilers

Another action-packed issue with the return of a hero and some mystery characters.

We open with Saul the dragon flying high up in the air holding Captain Britain. He says the Externals' ascension can't be stopped and that they will become High Lords. We briefly see Absalom and Nicodemus fighting Rictor and Shatterstar.

Back inside Crule and Thunderbird begin their brawl while Dani slips away. She comes upon the holding pen with Cerebra inside. Cerebra speakers for her fellow prisoners when she says they'd all like a word with Selene and that Dani doesn't have to face Selene alone. Dani smirks as she says her team is just the first wave.

Crule and Thunderbird continue to brutally fight, John pushing one of Crule's eyeballs into his head. Crule of course kinda loves it cause he's really into ferocity and tells John it's too bad his brother didn't put such a fight. John says it ain't smart to talk about his brother when he's in earshot.

Great to have him back! Gross about Crule's arm. John and Jimmy banter then shove Crule's own fist from his loose arm into his mouth. They double punch him with a WHAM-POW. Crule is knocked out and the brothers hug in reunion. John says his knuckles are bruised and Jimmy, teasingly, says they'll get him some ice and baby bottle. Right after they help the others.

Dragon Saul flys overhead, the last standing/flying External from the group. Betsy is now riding him near his neck and jabs him in the head with her psychic knife.

"... almost." Down goes Saul, hard.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Looking forward to seeing who is on the strike team!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It's Magma time !

I wish Mirage got more to do this issue a'd we got to see the fightings but I guess we're in the last stretch of the story and there's no more time for that.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    It's Magma time !
    Second that! They did mention her twice in this, so I guess (and hope) she is one of the 4 on the strike team. Madrox is probably one other is my guess. No idea on the two others, they might be surprises.

However, since many of them are former X-Corps members, that might be then one of these: Wolfsbane, Feral, Thornn, Risque, Empath, Skids, Neal Shaara, Lifeguard, Monet, Sabra and Darkstar.

Skitz and Stringfellow were also members, but they have been forgotten a long time and are of no use.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

This issue gave anime, ”let’s storm the castle and take down our rivals 1-1” and I LOVE IT. Can’t wait for the cavalry! Anyone know how many issues we have left?