Page 58 of 268 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

I think it is highly likely that the entire multiverse is going to be destroyed (including the 616) and a multiverse will be created with a new version of the 616 that has characters that didn't exist there before, just like in the 2015 Secret Wars.

Remember, the 616 is the way it is because of the TVA's influence. So this new version should have a somewhat different history free of their influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except...1) The X-men will clearly be VERY different in the MU, so it will be necessary to explain who they are and 2) Apart from Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine, nobody really was very well explored. Though I imagine most background will probably be seen in a Disney + show, if any.
    The 838 MCU was pretty similar to the 616 MCU with the same actors reprising their roles. That universe's Xavier was pretty similar to the Fox version, with him being played by Patrick Stewart and quoting a line from DOFP. So the 616 version of X-characters are probably going to be similar to the Fox versions.

Who said anything about them being forced and hunted?
    Why would every mutant in the world be hiding on an island? That scenario only works if many of them were forced to be on there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    The 838 MCU was pretty similar to the 616 MCU with the same actors reprising their roles. That universe's Xavier was pretty similar to the Fox version, with him being played by Patrick Stewart and quoting a line from DOFP. So the 616 version of X-characters are probably going to be similar to the Fox versions.
    Also, Multiverse of Madness's writer confirmed that the Fox X-Men films (and animated series) are part of the MCU multiverse.

Variety: Where did you draw from to build this version of Professor X? The Fox movies or the comics and the animated series from the 1990s?

Michael Waldron: A little bit of both. I don’t know if I’m technically supposed to get into specifics about these actors or characters, but I worked with that performer to even talk about making it different, so it was a different version of him. He uses a line from “Days of Future Past” that he says to Stephen. But also, we drew from the classic cartoon version of that character. He’s a variant who has qualities of a bunch of different versions of those guys from across the multiverse.
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/d...UVvbGj9LLokVqI

So the Fox X-Men are probably near-identical variants of the 616 X-Men, if they exist/were to exist. I say "were to exist" because I think the TVA pruned them.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-19-2022 at 11:03 PM.

No one is suggesting a 100% faithful adaptation, since the MU never did that; but Krakoa fits perfectly as a base of operation, a way to explain why mutants managed to hide so far, and an unique concept and visual that immediately sets this version apart from the others. I strongly doubt the X-men will be once again based on the mansion.
    And I wouldnt expect it to be 100% faithful. Like I dont expect the Moira angle at all. For the MCU, what is suggested simply doesnt make sense. Krakoa being a reason why mutants would need to hide out does not make sense without them being hated and persecuted which only happens if mutantkind is widely known as a concept to the public. It just doesnt. If Krakoa is just gonna be a base of operations, then they could just stick with the mansion . The other poster suggested Krakoa emerging as a nation which also doesnt work unless it has a ton of citizens and not just the 5-10 members of the X-men we are likely to see

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Why would every mutant in the world be hiding on an island? That scenario only works if many of them were forced to be on there.
    or feeling pressured to be there bc they are being persecuted in some form
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-19-2022 at 11:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And I wouldnt expect it to be 100% faithful. Like I dont expect the Moira angle at all. For the MCU, what is suggested simply doesnt make sense. Krakoa being a reason why mutants would need to hide out does not make sense without them being hated and persecuted which only happens if mutantkind is widely known as a concept to the public. It just doesnt. If Krakoa is just gonna be a base of operations, then they could just stick with the mansion . The other poster suggested Krakoa emerging as a nation which also doesnt work unless it has a ton of citizens and not just the 5-10 members of the X-men we are likely to see

I reiterate my idea on post #285 on this very thread could work if the studio had the stones.

Fantastic Member

That would be awful. In the 616, human racists keep saying mutants don't belong there and are not like regular humans. With this, they would be right, at least partially so.

Not to mention that a) If they came to this world, there's no reason they couldn't go to another Earth or planet that doesn't have anyone living there; b) Immediately makes the X-men look like chumps, by losing to Kang completely and c) Would inevitably make Kang the X-men's biggest foe and target.

Again people: if the Avengers didn't start with the original team, why does the X-men have to?
    I said the film CAN, not that it will or has to happen with the actual o5, but with any 5 original members before the krakoa rescue mission. Idk just excited to see where they start and where it goes. Lots of possibilities which is exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Yes. But that wouldn't make sense for the 616 MCU, for the reasons you stated.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-20-2022 at 06:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

My solution is to make the Mutants a completely separate species which currently lives on the Moon. From what I have seen humanity isn’t that advanced in space technology in the MCU so it would be possible for another race to exist on a neighboring planet/moon.

Their existence can be discover during the Fantasic Four movie as that will most likely touch on space travel. I see the same cosmic wave or the comet that Reed and his team find crashes into the Mutant home and forces them to vacate their current city. Using their combined powers they are able to transport a small section (Krakoa) to Earth.

This would allow for all all the mutants to appear at one time to the MCU and not require explanations as to where certain ones were hiding during the blip.

Also would set up the human’s mistrust and animosity as it would be an alien civil action arriving on Earth and

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    My solution is to make the Mutants a completely separate species which currently lives on the Moon. From what I have seen humanity isn’t that advanced in space technology in the MCU so it would be possible for another race to exist on a neighboring planet/moon.

Their existence can be discover during the Fantasic Four movie as that will most likely touch on space travel. I see the same cosmic wave or the comet that Reed and his team find crashes into the Mutant home and forces them to vacate their current city. Using their combined powers they are able to transport a small section (Krakoa) to Earth.

This would allow for all all the mutants to appear at one time to the MCU and not require explanations as to where certain ones were hiding during the blip.

Also would set up the human’s mistrust and animosity as it would be an alien civil action arriving on Earth and
    I dont like that as thats literally the Inhumans origin story. It also makes them not "mutants". Regular humans giving birth to humans with an X-gene that randomly develop powers is core to the concept of the X-men. There are many things that can be changed but deviating from that isnt something that can be done. Its why nearly every adaptation of the X-men from the cartoons to the movies to AU stories all run with the X-gene concept. You lose alot by making them aliens that come from space
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-20-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Easy peasy

First

Call the Fox cast and ask? Who of you want to continue in the franchise but the good ones and the we can save this character ones example.

None of the Angels that role should be recasted. BUT Olivia Munn needs to be Psylocke again. Sophie Turner can fix his Jean etc.

Then make the Secret wars movie make everything go boom and then undo it and put the mutants in the mcu. why? because them always where there havent seen it?

so you can keep the good stuff and choo the bad stuff.

Example we didnt get a proper Emma Frost

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Easy peasy

First

Call the Fox cast and ask? Who of you want to continue in the franchise but the good ones and the we can save this character ones example.

None of the Angels that role should be recasted. BUT Olivia Munn needs to be Psylocke again. Sophie Turner can fix his Jean etc.

Then make the Secret wars movie make everything go boom and then undo it and put the mutants in the mcu. why? because them always where there havent seen it?

so you can keep the good stuff and choo the bad stuff.

Example we didnt get a proper Emma Frost
    January Jones had the body. Just not the charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    January Jones had the body. Just not the charisma.
    Or the talent to do it.

If she hasnt done Gwen first , Emma Stone could pull a very good Young frost. or maybe adult cuckoos.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Or the talent to do it.

If she hasnt done Gwen first , Emma Stone could pull a very good Young frost. or maybe adult cuckoos.
    I think Emma Stone channeling Cruella would be an excellent Emma Frost. And even though I feel Emma works well as white, blond and entitled, Summer Bishil from The Magicians would likely pull the character off with style, grace and sass.

Or the talent to do it.

Get Skyler Samuels from Gifted as Emma.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Nobody should continue. Time for a new take.