Page 96 of 289 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4322

Gwendolyn Christie from game of thrones and sandman would make a great Emma frost.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'd like to see an American actor take on the role of Xavier for a change. I can't recall the explanation for why born and raised in Westchester, New York Charles had a British accent. Were his parents supposed to have emigrated from the UK?
    While there's no explanation, in First Class he mentions his stepfather, so we are to assume his mother married an.American and moved there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Gwendolyn Christie from game of thrones and sandman would make a great Emma frost.
    Yeah...no. Too tall, and Emma is supposed to be very conventionally attractive, which she.uses to her advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    While there's no explanation, in First Class he mentions his stepfather, so we are to assume his mother married an.American and moved there.

Yeah...no. Too tall, and Emma is supposed to be very conventionally attractive, which she.uses to her advantage
    What is conventionally attractive? And if Emma is it, why the plastic surgery? I think I would consider gwendolyne conventionally attractive and far more beautiful than a gwenth pathrow or Pamela Anderson.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

What is conventionally attractive? And if Emma is it, why the plastic surgery? I think I would consider gwendolyne conventionally attractive and far more beautiful than a gwenth pathrow or Pamela Anderson.
    Well, you.are a minority on that one. And I just can't imagine a 1,90 cm Emma Frost

BANNED

Being conventionally attractive and having plastic surgery are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    Because they are characters that have existed for 60 years ... i dont want storm to be white, i dont want jean to be a gay man or scott to be black.
    For me, whoever plays Scott is gonna have some hurdles. Emoting without the use of one's eyes being the first and hardest, but the actor will also need to be charismatic enough on screen that I can buy people who just met him following. They will need to have enough chemistry with whoever they are paired with for me to believe they care about each other. I'd rather a change race and/or gender in order to get that than have another person who looks the part but doesn't carry it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

There's no reason why you can't have an actor that both looks the part and can actually play it, movies do it all the time. Storm is also a hard role to cast, but no one is suggesting maybe they should cast an Asian man instead if he has the right gravitas (and yes, this an extreme example, but it is to illustrate my point)

And again, after getting nearly all wrong in the Fox movies, I'd rather they don't rock the boat too much and make the roles as similar to the comics as possible. Since Xavier and Magneto were spot-on twice, they have more room for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I also don’t want Storm to be white. Don’t mind the rest. :-p

I just watched Westworld the other day, and I think Thandiwe Newton would make a perfect Emma Frost.
    An "Ugly Betty" era Vanessa Williams (Wilhelmina) of would have made a great Frost. I would not have much of a problem if Virginia Hey (Zhaan/FARSCAPE) had been cast as Ororo instead of Halle Berry. Its tricky but capturing the essence of the character but not the exact appearance via race/gender swapping is possible - and done in theater ALL the time.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

The chemistry between James McAvoy and Fassbender is too perfect not to recast imo…

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Being conventionally attractive and having plastic surgery are not mutually exclusive.
    i still don't understand what conventionally attractive means. To whom? even if there is a scientific formula for it, it was still devised on someones particular preference.

con·ven·tion·al
    /kənˈven(t)SH(ə)n(ə)l/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    based on or in accordance with what is generally done or believed.

(of a person) concerned with what is generally held to be acceptable at the expense of individuality and sincerity.
    (of a work of art or literature) following traditional forms and genres.
    "conventional love poetry"
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I want McAvoy back for Xavier honestly. Let him improve and expand on the role. He’s perfect age to do that now…
    I think Mark Strong was born to play Xavier, and oddly enough he is the same age (or almost the same age) Patrick Stewart was when he got to play the role in 2000. An older professor works for me, even though I liked McAvoy in the role.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

That is absolutely fantastic casting. Mark Strong is a great actor and looks the part.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There's no reason why you can't have an actor that both looks the part and can actually play it, movies do it all the time. Storm is also a hard role to cast, but no one is suggesting maybe they should cast an Asian man instead if he has the right gravitas (and yes, this an extreme example, but it is to illustrate my point)

And again, after getting nearly all wrong in the Fox movies, I'd rather they don't rock the boat too much and make the roles as similar to the comics as possible. Since Xavier and Magneto were spot-on twice, they have more room for something different.
    No offense, but not as hard as a part that takes away the eyes of the actor. Marsden called it the hardest acting job he ever had, and it was a glorified cameo. And at least one other has openly stated he'd refuse the part solely because he feels he needs his eyes too much (I can't for the life of me remember who that was atm). Fox cast people who looked the part and couldn't carry it twice. I'd like to avoid that seeing that mistake a third time without having to resort to refusing to watch.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    No offense, but not as hard as a part that takes away the eyes of the actor. Marsden called it the hardest acting job he ever had, and it was a glorified cameo. And at least one other has openly stated he'd refuse the part solely because he feels he needs his eyes too much (I can't for the life of me remember who that was atm). Fox cast people who looked the part and couldn't carry it twice. I'd like to avoid that seeing that mistake a third time without having to resort to refusing to watch.
    Sad thing is I thought Marsden could have been a great Cyclops had they actually given him something to do with the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Sad thing is I thought Marsden could have been a great Cyclops had they actually given him something to do with the role.
    Possibly. He had great chemistry against Jackman in their scenes together, but next to none with Famke. Maybe some more time could have fixed that, but I'm not entirely sure.

Of course the obvious solution to that is to find a romantic interest where the actors click, but that would have required Fox to have cared at all about the character.
    Dark does not mean deep.