Page 122 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3789
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...clusive-image/

MCU Namor has been confirmed to be a mutant! I wonder if Black Panther will be the first time someone utters the M-word in the MCU... Let's goooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

MCU Namor has been confirmed to be a mutant! I wonder if Black Panther will be the first time someone utters the M-word in the MCU... Let's goooooo.
    This is promising news. After the revelation about Kamala Khan being a mutant, I think it's safe to say this is now a trend. Marvel Studios is getting serious about bringing mutants in the MCU. It's bound to be slow at first. A lot of the stuff that's coming out now was planned before the Fox merger. But I like that they're laying the foundation. That way when the X-Men show up, they have a built world ready to explore. It might take several years to take shape, but I'm willing to be patient if it brings us something awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Tenoch Huerta looks great as Namor, and the change of Atlantis to Talocan is a cool one - hopefully not just aesthetically.

I’d happily see him talking **** to Magneto and Xavier

The more I see of this movie the more I want to barf
    "The emotional story behind." You mean Chad's story he didn't even pimp for sympathy gains. Ugh. I need to avoid this and it's promo stuff like the plague.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The more I see of this movie the more I want to barf
    "The emotional story behind." You mean Chad's story he didn't even pimp for sympathy gains. Ugh. I need to avoid this and it's promo stuff like the plague.
    Um, he died. What else were they supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Um, he died. What else were they supposed to do?
    I said my piece on this already and many times. Respect the man's wishes was the LEAST they could do. I didn't know him personally but i know he said BP was bigger than him and i never worked with him but i know he didn't pimp his personal battle with cancer but somehow those left behind and not even related to him have the right to benefit off his journey and struggle. But ok.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I said my piece on this already and many times. Respect the man's wishes was the LEAST they could do. I didn't know him personally but i know he said BP was bigger than him and i never worked with him but i know he didn't pimp his personal battle with cancer but somehow those left behind and not even related to him have the right to benefit off his journey and struggle. But ok.

What? Did you think they were going to make it through an entire promo tour without mentioning their lead actor died tragically, meaning the entire franchise had to pivot? BP is and still will be bigger than Chadwick, Letitia, or whoever's under the habit. All of the Marvel characters are "bigger than" the actors who play them.

What? Did you think they were going to make it through an entire promo tour without mentioning their lead actor died tragically, meaning the entire franchise had to pivot? BP is and still will be bigger than Chadwick, Letitia, or whoever's under the habit. All of the Marvel characters are "bigger than" the actors who play them.
    Hey, tell that to the don't recast tchalla crowd. I agree with your last statement, marvel and co didn't seem to.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I don't personally care if they recast him or not, I'm happy to watch Shuri BP and whichever multiverse versions of BP they introduce in Secret Wars or whatever. I just think it's a waste of time to rail against Marvel for whichever decisions they made/make with BP2 since they were clearly in a very awkward and unenviable position. Whether they recast him or not, people were going to be pissed either way. This fanbase is so incredibly whiny.

I don't personally care if they recast him or not, I'm happy to watch Shuri BP and whichever multiverse versions of BP they introduce in Secret Wars or whatever. I just think it's a waste of time to rail against Marvel for whichever decisions they made/make with BP2 since they were clearly in a very awkward and unenviable position. Whether they recast him or not, people were going to be pissed either way. This fanbase is so incredibly whiny.
    Sure call fans of the only black male superhero who had a modern successful movie they supported whiney if it makes you feel better but let's at least not be disingenuous with the double speak
    You can't say you can't expect marvel to talk about the death of a man when promoting a movie when they set themselves up to do just that and if you knew they would have to do it, they did too. I could care less either but it will never be a good look trying to come up off a dying man when his own words go against what you claim your trying to do. *Shrugs*
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sure call fans of the only black male superhero who had a modern successful movie they supported whiney if it makes you feel better but let's at least not be disingenuous with the double speak
    You can't say you can't expect marvel to talk about the death of a man when promoting a movie when they set themselves up to do just that and if you knew they would have to do it, they did too. I could care less either but it will never be a good look trying to come up off a dying man when his own words go against what you claim your trying to do. *Shrugs*
    They are whiny. The subsection of Black Panther fans who are praying this movie tanks because they lost their Black Male Power Fantasy Self-Insert Of Choice are not pro-Black, they are incels by another color. Otherwise their support of a Black-led MCU franchise wouldn't be predicated on whether or not there was A Man in the central role, unless Black men became the only Black people and nobody told me. The man died, Marvel didn't decide to write him out or downgrade his role for any reason in their control. Many people would have found it jarring to recast T'Challa, since Chadwick is so beloved and the MCU imprints on pop culture in such an immediate way that moviegoing audiences associate him with the role. Black Panther itself is still bigger than him because it also exists in other media, like comic books, cartoons, novels, etc.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They're probably gonna recast him for animated stuff like What If but I doubt theres gonna be a main 616 MCU T'Challa again. A variant might visit but it's not gonna be "I am now taking the place of your son and brother, despite not techincally knowing either of you".

Hopefully Secret War will just reset the whole thing and they can recast T'Challa, Tony, Steve, Natasha, etc as necessary, and start over fresh with the FF and X-Men in the mix as well, as it was in the initial 60's Marvel Age. The first ten years of the MCU were great, but it's cohesiveness is breaking down. I didn't like Hickman's Secret War reset in the comics, but the films need it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That’s kind of what I’m thinking. At this point I’d expect some 616 mutants to show up (Kamal Khan, Namor, etc.) but they’re probably waiting until after a big Secret Wars type “reset” to debut the main X-men characters and their 616 casting. That does not mean, however, we won’t get some variants in The Kang Dynasty and/or Secret Wars.

I fully expect Old Man Logan to show up as he played a big role in the 2015 Jonathan Hickman Secret Wars event, and I expect they will get Hugh Jackman to do it. If they can’t get him to do it, however, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just went off the wall in terms of casting that role and got someone like Dougray Scott, who was initially set to play Wolverine in the first X-men movie before bowing out to do a Mission Impossible sequel, to play him instead.

There’s also a rumor floating around that Brad Pitt might play a Cable variant in Deadpool 3 along these same lines, as initially they were looking at him or Michael Shannon for the role prior to giving it to Brolin. So I can see them having some fun with this concept of variants from different realities.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”