Page 275 of 291 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4354
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    We will have Insomniac X-Men in 2030.
    The same studio that makes Wolverine.
    c.
    my hopes is that marvel has different contracts set up like they use to. while insomniac games would be under the 3rd person single player type games exclusive to ps5/ps6/pc

but maybe they secure a contract with a company to make a fighting game or a multiplayer team based game.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I dunno how they came to include Kitty in Evolution...will definitely be worth looking up! My guess is that since they were doing a teenage X-men show, and Kitty had been one of the most prominent 'teenage X-men' in the comics, they decided to include her.

Kitty as the POV character in the 80's scripts makes perfect sense since she was such a big focus in the comics back then. The 'Pryde of the X-men' cartoon pilot also featured her. In fact, I think I remember reading somewhere that Kitty's presence in the failed pilot was a major reason why she was replaced with Jubilee in the 90's cartoon (that, and Jubilee was new so they wanted to push her, as well as Gambit). Kitty ended up not appearing in TAS at all, one of the few (only?) major X-men characters not to even get a cameo on that show.
    I'm guessing it's also because they needed a teen character so Kitty came to mind. I know Iceman was originally supposed to be one of the main cast but it was decided that they needed more diversity which is how Spyke was created and he replaced Iceman. I don't think Spyke caught on since by S3, they were already writing him out.

Pryde of the X-Men's failure is indeed why Kitty wasn't included in TAS because they didn't want a repeat of that. I think the showrunners confirmed that while Kitty was off-limits at the beginning of TAS, they were allowed to bring her in later on if they wanted to but they didn't see a point for it because she couldn't bring anything new to the table. She really was more or less the only major X-Man who never showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    my hopes is that marvel has different contracts set up like they use to. while insomniac games would be under the 3rd person single player type games exclusive to ps5/ps6/pc

but maybe they secure a contract with a company to make a fighting game or a multiplayer team based game.
    What I heard is that Insomniac is the only company that can make X-Men games in general, not just certain types of X-Men games.

Personally I don't have a problem with it. I enjoyed the leaks for the Wolverine game and am looking forward to it, story and all, plus what comes next.

As far as video games go, they really need to get some actual comic book writers (or 97 writers) to write the story for them. The Arkham games went off the rails once Paul Dini left.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    What I heard is that Insomniac is the only company that can make X-Men games in general, not just certain types of X-Men games.

Personally I don't have a problem with it. I enjoyed the leaks for the Wolverine game and am looking forward to it, story and all, plus what comes next.
    well that certainly sucks.. but it is what it is
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    the talk now online is the writer for reboot will be announced soon… that falls in line with the winter 2025 start of production date…

:-)
    I would love for Marvel Studios to announce their new X-Men writer in "a few weeks" but I'm a bit skeptical it's going to be so soon. Regardless, I'm hoping for someone amazing, there's so much riding on that first X-Men reboot movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I would love for Marvel Studios to announce their new X-Men writer in "a few weeks" but I'm a bit skeptical it's going to be so soon. Regardless, I'm hoping for someone amazing, there's so much riding on that first X-Men reboot movie.
    In Beau we trust.

In Beau we trust.
    I'm 1000% behind DeMayo getting script duties on the X-Men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm 1000% behind DeMayo getting script duties on the X-Men movie.
    This is the rumor, let's hope it's true.

Astonishing Member

I'm guessing it's also because they needed a teen character so Kitty came to mind. I know Iceman was originally supposed to be one of the main cast but it was decided that they needed more diversity which is how Spyke was created and he replaced Iceman. I don't think Spyke caught on since by S3, they were already writing him out.

Pryde of the X-Men's failure is indeed why Kitty wasn't included in TAS because they didn't want a repeat of that. I think the showrunners confirmed that while Kitty was off-limits at the beginning of TAS, they were allowed to bring her in later on if they wanted to but they didn't see a point for it because she couldn't bring anything new to the table. She really was more or less the only major X-Man who never showed up.
    My headcanon is that in the TAS continuity, Kitty used to be a member of the X-men, briefly, at some point in the past...leaving open the room for her to return as an adult former X-man in the present. I kinda hope she does show up in X-men '97 at some point.

All this does make me wonder if Kitty will make it to the next X-men reboot if it is indeed going to be very TAS inspired, or is this Jubilee's turn to shine again.

My headcanon is that in the TAS continuity, Kitty used to be a member of the X-men, briefly, at some point in the past...leaving open the room for her to return as an adult former X-man in the present. I kinda hope she does show up in X-men '97 at some point.

All this does make me wonder if Kitty will make it to the next X-men reboot if it is indeed going to be very TAS inspired, or is this Jubilee's turn to shine again.
    I feel like she will. She's too popular to ignore and there's no reason to neglect her now, especially if Piotr and Illyana ever join the team and now that Kurt actually has and even Ororo is back in her 70s costume.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when Angel first appeared in TAS S1, he had no knowledge of the X-Men or vice-versa. There was no prior history between them and he was for all intents and purposes, a new character. Then later seasons retconned it so that Xavier would remember that Warren was one of the O5 alongside Bobby. So in Kitty's case, the fact that she's never appeared or been mentioned works in her favor because it would be very easy to retcon her as a previous member who left the team. Maybe to go to school because her parents pulled her out and now she's graduated and of age to make her own decisions. They could even adapt Kitty & Wolverine where Wolverine gets led to Japan because Kitty's been abducted and this is how she's reunited and thrown back into X-Men shenanigans. We'd learn from Wolverine that she was a previous X-Man and an old friend to him who's now in trouble.

I have no idea about if Kitty or Jubilee will be prioritized but here's one possible suggestion which I'll put in spoilers since it's based on the leaked Wolverine game by Insomniac which is going to lead to an X-Men game.
    spoilers:
    Kitty is one of the confirmed X-Men there. The game ends with Logan finding and saving Kitty.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I feel like she will. She's too popular to ignore and there's no reason to neglect her now, especially if Piotr and Illyana ever join the team and now that Kurt actually has and even Ororo is back in her 70s costume.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when Angel first appeared in TAS S1, he had no knowledge of the X-Men or vice-versa. There was no prior history between them and he was for all intents and purposes, a new character. Then later seasons retconned it so that Xavier would remember that Warren was one of the O5 alongside Bobby. So in Kitty's case, the fact that she's never appeared or been mentioned works in her favor because it would be very easy to retcon her as a previous member who left the team. Maybe to go to school because her parents pulled her out and now she's graduated and of age to make her own decisions. They could even adapt Kitty & Wolverine where Wolverine gets led to Japan because Kitty's been abducted and this is how she's reunited and thrown back into X-Men shenanigans. We'd learn from Wolverine that she was a previous X-Man and an old friend to him who's now in trouble.

I have no idea about if Kitty or Jubilee will be prioritized but here's one possible suggestion which I'll put in spoilers since it's based on the leaked Wolverine game by Insomniac which is going to lead to an X-Men game.
    spoilers:
    Kitty is one of the confirmed X-Men there. The game ends with Logan finding and saving Kitty.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, the Angel situation was weird. I think when the show started they didn't give much thought to the X-men's backstories, and the idea that the team had a long history prior to Jubilee joining them in the pilot. That started to change later, as we got Wolverine, Gambit and Rogue's backstories, and more flashbacks and exposition on the history of the X-men. 'Cold Comfort', the episode with Iceman, was a particular highlight. I also vaguely remember one flashback, not sure of the episode, with Wolverine in his tan-and-brown outfit.

I think Kitty could easily be written in as not only a former member of the X-men, but significantly, a kid who was recruited back when Logan was new to the team as well and even more berzerker than he was in the series proper. Mentoring Kitty and being a kind of uncle-figure to her played a major role in softening Wolverine's harsh edges.

Yeah, the Angel situation was weird. I think when the show started they didn't give much thought to the X-men's backstories, and the idea that the team had a long history prior to Jubilee joining them in the pilot. That started to change later, as we got Wolverine, Gambit and Rogue's backstories, and more flashbacks and exposition on the history of the X-men. 'Cold Comfort', the episode with Iceman, was a particular highlight. I also vaguely remember one flashback, not sure of the episode, with Wolverine in his tan-and-brown outfit.

I think Kitty could easily be written in as not only a former member of the X-men, but significantly, a kid who was recruited back when Logan was new to the team as well and even more berzerker than he was in the series proper. Mentoring Kitty and being a kind of uncle-figure to her played a major role in softening Wolverine's harsh edges.
    Rogue's relationship was Mystique was also more or less ignored in S1 and not really explored until the second season. I think they were able to get away with it there because of Mystique's shapeshifting powers. I also really liked the Iceman episode and it being established that he was a former member. I can't remember if Lorna was considered one as well but she didn't show up in Xavier's dream/flashback. Huh, I can't remember Wolverine in the brown and tan costume.

I agree, I think that would be a great way to incorporate Kitty and establish that she helped develop Logan more into the Wolverine we know today. That she brought out a softness in him, the protector part of him.

Theres enough Logan Variants (using the term loosely) that I wonder what stunt castings we might see in DEADPOOL&WOLVERINE
    Henry Cavill (rumored) - it would be neat that if the Patch variant turns around and it's Cavill
    Daniel Radcliffe (rumored)
    Troye Sivan returns as young James Howlett?
    Taron Egerton
    Glenn Danzig as EARTH X Logan?
    Richard Greico (see above)
    Pablo Schrieber (says MARVEL has been after him for an age)
    Clint Eastwood as (Really) Old Man Logan
    Scott Eastwood as Young Logan

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

This is the rumor, let's hope it's true.
    I think it might be more wishful thinking at this stage... But I wouldn't be offended if Beau and Disney pretended he controversially left X-Men '97 only to reveal he's joining the live-action reboot LOL