Page 270 of 288 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4314

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Jackman still looks great for his age.

I want to see him and Wade meet Spider-Man.

There have been quite a few team-ups/fights between the two of them.
    You, me and millions of other people in the general audience category want to see this. Mainly Tobey Maguire's Spider-man. Fingers crossed for Secret Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I see him going at least until Secret War. Hopefully we will get a new SHORT KING actor for Logan after that, one that's got lots of body hair too!
    You know I'm with you on the body hair, brother. Jackman's hairless arms are the one thing I'd change about his appearance in Deadpool & Wolverine. But the short king part... meh. Not a requirement for me.

I'll gladly take a shorter, stockier actor than Hugh. Somebody in the 5'8" to 5'10"range. Absolutely. Hell, maybe even slightly shorter than that if they can find someone with the right demeanor and gravitas who is that short (e.g., Tom Hardy in Warrior, who would be ideal; I think he's 5'8" or so). But someone teeny tiny like Harry Potter, though? With that narrow, boyish face? That's a hard pass for me, mane.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-23-2024 at 08:30 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I really like Wolverine and Hugh Jackman but…

I hope they cast most of the X-Men mid 20’s to early 30’s.

And I really really hope they focus on more characters and their team dynamics then on only on Logan. Or Professor or Magneto. I want all of them to shine, specially other team members that were done wrong in the Fox movies like Storm, Rogue, Cyclops, Psylocke, Jubilee and Gambit, like in X-Men 97
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'll gladly take a shorter, stockier actor than Hugh. Somebody in the 5'8" to 5'10"range. Absolutely. Hell, maybe even slightly shorter than that if they can find someone with the right demeanor and gravitas who is that short (e.g., Tom Hardy in Warrior, who would be ideal; I think he's 5'8" or so). But someone teeny tiny like Harry Potter, though? With that narrow, boyish face? That's a hard pass for me, mane.
    Looks like I was right about Daniel Radcliff after all if rumors are to be believed... , but I agree, the new actor doesn't need to be and shouldn't be "baby faced", but I think to honor Logan's truth as a short king, the right actor should be shorter and thicker than Hugh's 6'2" frame. The biggest problem wasn't even the height, it was that the filmmakers just didn't even try to make him shorter. Like, the actor who played Gimli in LOTR was the tallest of the main cast, but you would never know because they used all kinds of tricks to honor the nature of the character.

Wolverines are tiny beasts that punch way over their weightclass. We never got the correct Sabretooth vs Wolverine dynamic because Hugh was so big even a wrestler in lifts didn't dwarf him. We never got the 'short king' "Napoleon complex" aspect to Logan because he was so tall and leading man-esque, and they even structured the films around him accordingly. Whatever... I'm tired of typing this crap out after decades. We all know the truth. Hugh did a great job with what he was given, but there's a better Logan/Wolverine out there. I guess I'll just have to wait a few more years to see if Hollywood can actually find and deliver him.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-23-2024 at 08:42 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

We don't agree on much, but I'm with you on this one. Even in Apocalypse he was looking rough, especially next to Sophie Turner's baby Jean. Hugh had his time, more than enough, but you know Feige is going to milk this for all he can, so I doubt this Deadpool team-up is the last we'll see of Hugh's Wolverine. I see him going at least until Secret War. Hopefully we will get a new SHORT KING actor for Logan after that, one that's got lots of body hair too!

how old should the new logan actor be? if the new X-MEN are mid 20’s i think he should be like 30 when they start filming the reboot
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Anyway...Disney+ added X-Men 97 to the MCU Multiverse Saga section. Despite the fact that the creator said that the show wasn't canon to the MCU and is it's own thing. Obviously, this wasn't planned in advance otherwise it would have been added to the section from the start. The show's popularity has clearly exceeded Disney/Marvel's expectations and now they're trying to use it to create good publicity for the MCU (because they REALLY need it).

I suspect Disney would want the live-action X-Men to be something like X-Men 97 now.
    I think its long been the case that the X-men reboot would be heavily inspired by the TAS, even before the success of X-men '97. Xavier in MoM felt like a kind of blend of Xavier from the Fox movies and from the TAS. Beast at the end of The Marvels also felt very TAS-esq. The Fox movies and TAS together continue to define the X-men in pop-culture (and I say this as someone whose gateway drug to the franchise was X-men Evolution) so it makes perfect sense to sort of synthesize those depictions for the next iteration of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    he really only wanted to be an X-MAN in dofp the rest of the movies he couldn’t care less about the team outside of jean and charles
    I think he was very much part of the team in The Last Stand as well. In fact, one of the things that I feel that much-maligned film did really well is deliver us an actual full-fledged X-men team.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I'm still wondering if this Wolverine is the Wolverine we've known in all the X-Men movies or maybe some variant. All we know is that Hugh Jackman promised that the film Logan would not be altered by this, so people have speculated that this Wolverine comes from a period before Logan takes place. But Deadpool's comments about the X-Men being gone indicate that this is either a reference to Logan or something else has happened.
    He's a variant for sure, but I feel he could be the Wolverine of the DOFP-ending timeline (which could also be the same as a the reality seen at the end of The Marvels). I've always viewed Logan as a separate timeline from the other Fox X-men films.

Cassandra Nova was always drawn older than she should have been. Maybe that was Quietly's style, or maybe she was just older looking than she should have been because she was some weird sewer muck creation. I mean, Morrison gave Charles's age precisely in that era; he was 41. I think the Foxmen movies kinda messed everything up in that regard by casting 60 year old Stewart in the role. I understand they wanted to line up better with Magneto, and without any deaging or whatever, a Holocaust survivor should have been even older in 2000(or the near future of then), but Claremont wrote that origin in the early 80's, and Magneto had already been deaged before he even gave the origin, so it's just a very different situation to what was intended.

(Not that Hollywood isn't a den of depraved exploiters, who prize youth over everything, and definitely treat mature women with disdain the minute they pass '30'.)
    Bit off-topic, but Xavier's age has always been a mess, especially in relation to Magneto's - and its a challenge that the next reboot will undoubtedly face.

I suppose Marvel's current stance in terms of 616 is that Xavier is way younger than Magneto, at least chronologically? Because X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine explicitly depicts his birth as being sometime after WW2 (and Xavier's father is a teenage naval officer in a WW2-set scene). But they haven't come right out and said how this works in terms of his shared history with Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I really like Wolverine and Hugh Jackman but…

I hope they cast most of the X-Men mid 20’s to early 30’s.

And I really really hope they focus on more characters and their team dynamics then on only on Logan. Or Professor or Magneto. I want all of them to shine, specially other team members that were done wrong in the Fox movies like Storm, Rogue, Cyclops, Psylocke, Jubilee and Gambit, like in X-Men 97
    Right there with you.

I would love if they get Anna Sawai and let her be MCU Psylocke and the resident telepath. That would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think he was very much part of the team in The Last Stand as well. In fact, one of the things that I feel that much-maligned film did really well is deliver us an actual full-fledged X-men team.

“if you’re with us.. then be with us!” you shouldn’t have to say this to him in the freakin third movie for the X-MAN.. he was in x3 cuzz jean killed scott and now’s his chance (joke)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

He was helping the team through training and was presumably still going on missions because Scott was too depressed.

how old should the new logan actor be? if the new X-MEN are mid 20’s i think he should be like 30 when they start filming the reboot
    I want COLLEGE aged X-Men to begin with, in alignment with Spider-Man who just graduated high school and was applying to college in his last appearance. Logan should be looking like a 20-something, 30 tops. Otherwise it just gets weird.

Astonishing Member

“if you’re with us.. then be with us!” you shouldn’t have to say this to him in the freakin third movie for the X-MAN.. he was in x3 cuzz jean killed scott and now’s his chance (joke)
    The context of the line was Storm asking Logan if his loyalties lay with Jean or with the team. And while Logan is still drawn to Jean, he ultimately chooses the team, and commits to killing Jean if he has to (which he eventually does).

The Last Stand makes it clear that Logan is very much part of the team now, unlike in X1/X2 where he just happens to get entangled with them due to his relationships with Jean and Rogue and his 'deal' with Xavier. With Jean presumed dead at the end of X2, and the truth about his past being revealed, you could argue that there was nothing keeping him at the Mansion, and yet when the film starts he's subbing for Scott and helping run Danger Room sessions. Later, he takes Xavier's death pretty hard, indicating that he had come to see the man as a mentor and leader, and not just some powerful mutant he had a 'deal' with (and we see this relationship evolve even more deeply in DOFP and Logan). He's the one who galvanizes the X-men, and implicitly 'welcomes' Bobby, Peter and Kitty to the team proper. And right at the end, that shot of him on the Mansion grounds show that he's very much now at home with the team and the school. (The Wolverine of course starts with him having left again, haunted by Jean's death, but that's another story...)

Bit off-topic, but Xavier's age has always been a mess, especially in relation to Magneto's - and its a challenge that the next reboot will undoubtedly face.

I suppose Marvel's current stance in terms of 616 is that Xavier is way younger than Magneto, at least chronologically? Because X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine explicitly depicts his birth as being sometime after WW2 (and Xavier's father is a teenage naval officer in a WW2-set scene). But they haven't come right out and said how this works in terms of his shared history with Magneto.
    Xavier is a young daddy, not a grandfather. Legion, David Haller, was introduced as a teenager, and Charles sired him when he was fresh out of the army on his world tour era, young 20's at best considering he finished school so early. That was also the time he met Magnus/Erik/Max/whatever. So, the easy way to fix that while keeping Magneto a non-100 year old is some sort of cryogenic freeze very soon after the war.

So like, right after Anya died in the fire and Magda left him, while his powers were still untrained and new, someone managed to get him(the Stranger? SHIELD? HYDRA? Pick one), and put him under, while he's like, 25/30 years old. Decades pass, and somehow he's thawed and escapes. This 25/30 year old meets 25 year old Charles in Israel at the hospital with Gabrielle(or whatever, you can mix this part up a bit), and they become friends and all that, but it was like, 10 years ago to the current time(whenever that movie comes out). After the boys part ways, Magneto takes the decade to perfect his powers, build his under-volcano base/Asteroid M/etc, and get his Brotherhood formed just in time to raid a nuclear base or whatever inciting incident they go with to face against Xavier's newbie X-Men. Then just go from there. He keeps his origin, keeps his friendship with Charles, but isn't a geriatric man barely clinging to life.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-23-2024 at 11:21 AM.

I want COLLEGE aged X-Men to begin with, in alignment with Spider-Man who just graduated high school and was applying to college in his last appearance. Logan should be looking like a 20-something, 30 tops. Otherwise it just gets weird.
    the spiderman thing has stuck out to me also. cyclops id like to be older than him but iceman id love in spiderman 5 with that new human torch. rather this version of character have some friends his own age (who have powers)

okay so here’s my thing.. im getting ahead of myself obviously but if they go the students living in the mansion route like x1 id prefer less mutants and have them each actually be a character (essentially comic accurate team of NEW MUTANTS). now i say that to say this about how old those characters be to not be too close to the actual X-MEN. id always assumed live action NEW MUTANTS around like s1/s2 stranger things age range.

Amazing Member

I like the idea of the main team having similar ages to Spidey but they can always do the Evolution route and have a smattering of characters aged like 30+ as teachers

the spiderman thing has stuck out to me also. cyclops id like to be older than him but iceman id love in spiderman 5 with that new human torch. rather this version of character have some friends his own age (who have powers)

okay so here’s my thing.. im getting ahead of myself obviously but if they go the students living in the mansion route like x1 id prefer less mutants and have them each actually be a character (essentially comic accurate team of NEW MUTANTS). now i say that to say this about how old those characters be to not be too close to the actual X-MEN. id always assumed live action NEW MUTANTS around like s1/s2 stranger things age range.

Yeah with movies, there isn't as much time to use as a tv show so a small cast (like 6 people) is for the best

Looks like I was right about Daniel Radcliff after all if rumors are to be believed... , but I agree, the new actor doesn't need to be and shouldn't be "baby faced", but I think to honor Logan's truth as a short king, the right actor should be shorter and thicker than Hugh's 6'2" frame. The biggest problem wasn't even the height, it was that the filmmakers just didn't even try to make him shorter. Like, the actor who played Gimli in LOTR was the tallest of the main cast, but you would never know because they used all kinds of tricks to honor the nature of the character.

Wolverines are tiny beasts that punch way over their weightclass. We never got the correct Sabretooth vs Wolverine dynamic because Hugh was so big even a wrestler in lifts didn't dwarf him. We never got the 'short king' "Napoleon complex" aspect to Logan because he was so tall and leading man-esque, and they even structured the films around him accordingly. Whatever... I'm tired of typing this crap out after decades. We all know the truth. Hugh did a great job with what he was given, but there's a better Logan/Wolverine out there. I guess I'll just have to wait a few more years to see if Hollywood can actually find and deliver him.
    I totally get it. That's your Wolverine. Early days Logan, even before we knew his name, was an impetuous little man who clearly had "a Napoloen complex" as you put it or "short man syndrome". He was also initially imagined as a brash teenager, which kind of explains that characterization early on. Claremont and Byrne later revealed his face, his real name, and made it so he was older. Then they went on to flesh him out, and added many layers to the character. To this day he's been portrayed differently in different media (the various cartoons and whatnot), and I'd say has progressed as a character far beyond that point. My Wolverine is probably late 80s and early 90s Wolverine more so than that feisty little punk. I love the world-weary soldier, who tries to keep the beast in its cage but sometimes has to let it out against really bad folks. Who mentors younger team members and does the dark stuff so they won't have to.

There's no wrong or right version. We just see different Wolverines in our head is all. The character has been around for five decades now so there have been lots of interpretations and a lot of development in that time, and sometimes even regression too. Since the MCU will likely look to the early years for inspiration, my guess is you'll get your wish whenever they do reboot. I might love it, I might not. It all depends on whether they get the right actor who can pull it off without being totally unlikable I suppose.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The context of the line was Storm asking Logan if his loyalties lay with Jean or with the team. And while Logan is still drawn to Jean, he ultimately chooses the team, and commits to killing Jean if he has to (which he eventually does).

The Last Stand makes it clear that Logan is very much part of the team now, unlike in X1/X2 where he just happens to get entangled with them due to his relationships with Jean and Rogue and his 'deal' with Xavier. With Jean presumed dead at the end of X2, and the truth about his past being revealed, you could argue that there was nothing keeping him at the Mansion, and yet when the film starts he's subbing for Scott and helping run Danger Room sessions. Later, he takes Xavier's death pretty hard, indicating that he had come to see the man as a mentor and leader, and not just some powerful mutant he had a 'deal' with (and we see this relationship evolve even more deeply in DOFP and Logan). He's the one who galvanizes the X-men, and implicitly 'welcomes' Bobby, Peter and Kitty to the team proper. And right at the end, that shot of him on the Mansion grounds show that he's very much now at home with the team and the school. (The Wolverine of course starts with him having left again, haunted by Jean's death, but that's another story...)
    Exactly, at the end of X2, there was no reason for him to stick around once Jean died if she was his only motivation. By this point, he's specifically bonded with the X-Men and come to believe in their cause. X3's ending doesn't completely gel with The Wolverine's opening but I think we're supposed to believe that he was too haunted by his actions in killing Jean and it also took some time for him to come to that realization rather than immediately after her death. He may have also stuck around just long enough to see the school still functioning and the rest of the X-Men able to pick up where Xavier left off before heading off again. Apparently Rogue was supposed to appear in early drafts of The Wolverine, so that may also have told us more about the state of the X-Men when Wolverine left them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He was helping the team through training and was presumably still going on missions because Scott was too depressed.
    Xavier was still alive and Storm technically could have taken over as the last senior X-Man still available in some capacity.