Page 61 of 250 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    BANNED

They'll mess it up and completely bungle the original analogy, but I would make it a metaphor for recent civil unrest/BLM protesting. The evil mutants use having powers as an excuse to do horrible things, and the X-Men are the last line of positive change occurring through peaceful methods, even if they have to stop those who would use it for their own ends. I am from the school of thought though that Magneto is a self serving SOB however who would push mutant kind in front of the bus if it gave him personal power or glory.

And I think it's really important- which they will never do of course- to have the rest of the world say how great it is to be a mutant and have it be a woke cause. It's not very interesting to always portray the world of Marvel as horribly racist out to lynch mutants every chance they get and this being the overwhelming majority opinion, and it's not very realistic in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And Marvel didn't spend billions
    Marvel didn't spend any money to get the rights back. Disney spend billions to buy 20th Century Studios and handed Marvel the rights for free.

a good evidence of that is they made America Chavez and the Wanda twins even younger than they are in the comics, suggesting they are taking the long view
    The twins were babies when they debuted in the comics and didn't become teens until decades later. America was 15 when she debuted (same age as the actress).

So that isn't good evidence at all.

Some people are also overestimating the Secret Wars references. That story will play out for a lot longer than the Thanos plot did, because it's a whole lot bigger. There's not even an Avengers movie in sight right now.
    Apparently, Kevin Feige said they won't have arcs that long again. Plus that arc was six years.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-24-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Phase 4 is supposed to be four years long.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ugh. How much longer does Phase 4 have left in that case? Because it’s been f@&$ing awful. Bring on Phase 5 already.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I also don't understand why anybody would think that Marvel would want to use any character for 30 years. Kevin Feige wanted to kill off all the Avengers in Endgame. Some of those characters were around for less than a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Phase 4 is supposed to be four years long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ugh. How much longer does Phase 4 have left in that case? Because it’s been f@&$ing awful. Bring on Phase 5 already.
    It is apparently suppose to end in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I also don't understand why anybody would think that Marvel would want to use any character for 30 years. Kevin Feige wanted to kill off all the Avengers in Endgame. Some of those characters were around for less than a decade.

It is apparently suppose to end in 2023.
    That's what they said, but originally it was supposed to be a couple years, then was extended. And they said it was gonna end with F4, but F4 isn't supposed to come out until 2024. Agatha might not even be until 2024. So it seems like covid pushed things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yea I don't see this happening at all lol. I'm expecting the X-Men to be rebooted into the MCU the same way the Fantastic Four is getting rebooted into the MCU. New young actors for the iconic characters.
    I don't think the Fantastic Four are going to be young adults. They are going to be old enough to be married with children.

spoilers:
    If Multiverse of Madness is any intention. John Krasinki will be middle aged by the F4 movie comes out. Older than the other Reed Richards.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-24-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Now that I think about it...he is only six years younger than Ioan Gruffudd. Born in the same decade.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-24-2022 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's what they said, but originally it was supposed to be a couple years, then was extended. And they said it was gonna end with F4, but F4 isn't supposed to come out until 2024. Agatha might not even be until 2024. So it seems like covid pushed things.
    Yeah, but Marvel is still producing projects at a far faster rate than before. Phase Four has released nine projects in two years. It took six years to get to Infinity War, a Secret Wars project should be released in less time.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

But...he didn't. The ones killed were the ones that wouldn't come back anyway, and right now pretty much everyone could still play their characters for a long time if they and Marvel want, without the need of recasting or having to do a hard reboot down the line

Yeah, but Marvel is still producing projects at a far faster rate than before. Phase Four has released nine projects in two years. It took six years to get to Infinity War, a Secret Wars project should be released in less time.
    I don't think that matters as much as the release dates. Because they also have more projects than ever before with the D+ stuff. Unless they start to push up release dates, it seems that their end phase productions are not due until 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But...he didn't. The ones killed were the ones that wouldn't come back anyway, and right now pretty much everyone could still play their characters for a long time if they and Marvel want, without the need of recasting or having to do a hard reboot down the line
    That is only because the Russo convinced him that it would be too difficult for fans to process that volume of lose. That suggests that Feige wants these character's journeys to eventually have definitive endings and not drag it out like the comics do.

I don't think the Fantastic Four are going to be young adults. They are going to be old enough to be married with children.

spoilers:
    If Multiverse of Madness is any intention. John Krasinki will be middle aged by the F4 movie comes out. Older than the other Reed Richards.
    end of spoilers
    I mean he already is

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean he already is
    You're right. Thought you were considered to be middle aged when you hit 45, but generally it is 40-60. Anyway...

spoilers:
    It seems that Marvel Studios wants a middled aged Fantastic Four that is around the same age as the original Fox versions. Not only that, they want a married Reed and Sue with two children. Apparently, jumping to the next generation of F4 characters (Franklin and Valeria), similar how they're moving to the next generation of Avengers (Young Avengers).
    end of spoilers

So its likely that we will likely see Cyclops/Storm as actual leaders of the X-Men and the team mentoring the New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    They're keeping the big guns, the X-Men, in reserve to give the MCU a bump after the phase 4 lul