Page 196 of 276 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4136

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I find this obsession with this weird over the top superhero physique so unnecessary. I adored Tye Sheridan for boycotting this silliness and he just put on a muscle suit. lol
    I think that’s fine for a character whose power is shooting lasers out of his eyes. But for a very physical, visceral up-close fighter like Wolverine; who is capable of going toe-to-toe with the Hulk… well, he’s kind of gotta look that part. At least IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Yeah I acknowledged that in my later post. It's still the first and only movie in cinema history to ever do so. It was also nominated for 11 Oscars. I truly think it's a once in a lifetime kind of movie. Even the planned sequel with Lady Gaga as Harley will probably fall short.
    High grossing films don't usually get nominated for Oscars and most of the high grossing films don't win Oscar either. I see that metric of measuring grossing films kinda moot. Would rather say the growing popularity and support is what Joker made gross so high IMO

BANNED

I am not sure this was mentioned before but it was said in the article(on the link) that Jackman is susceptible to skin cancer and that's one of the reasons which made him wear sleeves for this film. Maybe they will remove the sleeves once the film goes to edit.

https://www.newbeauty.com/hugh-jackm...e-skin-cancer/

Spectacular Member

So I just read an Deadpool article alluding to that the MCU is something like house of M. Potentially alluding that current mcu has had “no more mutant” spell on it the whole time along with memory wipe… has this been brought up? Basically mutants were around and someone/something wiped mutants for current universe and it’s possible that’s it’s going to be undone to bring them back

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I am not sure this was mentioned before but it was said in the article(on the link) that Jackman is susceptible to skin cancer and that's one of the reasons which made him wear sleeves for this film. Maybe they will remove the sleeves once the film goes to edit.

https://www.newbeauty.com/hugh-jackm...e-skin-cancer/
    Um, didn't he have skin cancer on like, his nose, a few years ago? Wouldn't that suggest his face should be covered to protect him. It's almost like a mask or something should be covering his face so he doesn't have to endure the hot LA sun(or wherever they are)? If only Wolverine was known to have some kind of iconic face covering/mask? Oh well...

Or better yet, just have him and Deadpool fight in a nighttime location, like a loading dock or sewer or something, to mitigate the sun exposure entirely. And let the guns out!

(I get that cancer is scary and all, but this article seems like a PR move to try to rationalize the sleeves which clearly suck.)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by jddoyle View Post
    So I just read an Deadpool article alluding to that the MCU is something like house of M. Potentially alluding that current mcu has had “no more mutant” spell on it the whole time along with memory wipe… has this been brought up? Basically mutants were around and someone/something wiped mutants for current universe and it’s possible that’s it’s going to be undone to bring them back
    This is actually the idea that I like best honestly.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

A bit of a non-update, but I like that Disney+ UK created a dedicated Mutant section in the Marvel Hub. If only they added X-Men Evolution and Wolverine & the X-Men now...

https://thedirect.com/article/x-men-...y-plus-section

Disney+ UK added a new "Mutant Legacy" category to its Marvel hub containing 16 X-Men movies and television series.

The following is a list of projects belonging to Disney+ UK's "Mutant Legacy" category:

X-Men
    Deadpool
    X-Men: First Class
    The Gifted
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    Legion
    X-Men 2
    X-Men: The Last Stand
    The New Mutants
    X-Men The Animated Series
    Logan
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    X-Men: Apocalypse
    The Wolverine
    Deadpool 2
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix

I just now realized that this could be an Exiles reference. Look at the text.

Since they appear to be in the Void, they are literally Exiles. Maybe Elektra becomes a team member.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 07-26-2023 at 09:49 AM.

In Secret Invasion, Nick Fury's wife wrote a books titled "Decoding the Superhuman Gene", which had an X-shaped light on the back cover. In the finale, she said that her "work" was more important than ever. Surpised this wasn't talked about much, but given the show's reception I can kinda see why.

Last edited by Gnostic; 08-10-2023 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    In Secret Invasion, Nick Fury's wife wrote a books titled "Decoding the Superhuman Gene", which had an X-shaped light on the back cover. In the finale, she said that her "work" was more important than ever. Surpised this wasn't talked about much, but given the show's reception I can kinda see why.

I actually enjoyed Secret Invasion quite a bit, except for the ending which I thought felt more like a trailer for whatever happens next to the various characters.

And yes, these are extremely tiny breadcrumbs but between this hint that there are studies on the superhuman gene and Bruno discovering a mutation in Kamala's genes, you can see a trail slowly starting to form which I believe will lead to the discovery that the X-gene has emerged in the human population.

I can imagine there will be existing, older mutants (we've already seen one with Namor) but they don't seem to be known or widespread at the moment, so either they've been in hiding or something will act as a catalyst to bring them about in greater numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I actually enjoyed Secret Invasion quite a bit, except for the ending which I thought felt more like a trailer for whatever happens next to the various characters.

And yes, these are extremely tiny breadcrumbs but between this hint that there are studies on the superhuman gene and Bruno discovering a mutation in Kamala's genes, you can see a trail slowly starting to form which I believe will lead to the discovery that the X-gene has emerged in the human population.

I can imagine there will be existing, older mutants (we've already seen one with Namor) but they don't seem to be known or widespread at the moment, so either they've been in hiding or something will act as a catalyst to bring them about in greater numbers.
    It been suggested that SHEILD/HYDRA knew about it for a long time.

It looks like some superhumans that we've known for a long time will be revealed to be mutants.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 08-10-2023 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post

I was under the impression her work involved the Skrulls I don't even remember seeing this book in the show. Is this a background thing?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I was under the impression her work involved the Skrulls I don't even remember seeing this book in the show. Is this a background thing?
    Yes it is in the background of the Fury home.

It's one of those blink or miss details you don't really notice until someone posts an article about it LOL

Rumors we've seen before that are picking up a bit more steam...

Hugh Jackman Reportedly Met With Kevin Feige About A "Big Role" For Wolverine In AVENGERS: SECRET WARS
    https://comicbookmovie.com/avengers/...t-wars-a204975

MTTSH: Hugh Jackman will officially return for Secret Wars in a major role
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...ly_return_for/

... so this tracks, and maybe shows what a student of the comics Kevin Feige is. Because it seems to me that the Logan we've seen in the yellow suit is probably the reality 838 Logan (from Doctor Strange 2 and the same one that the Professor X in the gold hoverchair was from), but I'm betting he's not the only Logan or even the main one in Deadpool 3.

I'm betting that the main Logan is indeed from the FOX-verse and is probably taken sometime between the ending of Days of Future Past in 2023 and the events of Logan in 2029. This would effectively make him almost EXACTLY like the Old Man Logan variant we met in the 2015 Secret Wars comic event, who had a big role and ended up stranded in the 616 for awhile... until he went back to his timeline to die in a series called Dead Man Logan. Check it out.

This would all track with the rumors of A) multiple Logans in Deadpool 3, B) revisiting reality 838, C) not messing with the Logan film, as he'd have to go back to his timeline after Secret Wars to die just like the OML variant in the comics did. Very, very cool if I'm correct; and I have even more respect for Feige's brilliance if so.