Page 274 of 289 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4323

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Maybe Jubilee will be introduced as the POV character in the upcoming X-men film ala the TAS?

Jubilee's also the one TAS X-man who didn't really have a counterpart in the Fox movies, barring some blink-and-you-miss-it cameos.
    Maybe they're saving her for later like you said. I don't mind her not appearing immediately but I hope they aren't replacing her with Dazzler, particularly in terms of a group dynamic that has nothing to do with Dazzler in the comics.

Jubilee, like Kitty, kept getting endlessly recast. Kitty lucked out with a bigger role in X3 whereas Jubilee remains in the background. I feel bad for Jubilee though because I don't think any other character has been as unlucky as her in terms of X-Men movies.

She was the original choice for the Rogue role in the first X-Men movie. Apparently, movie execs learning she was actually Asian and not white is why she got replaced last minute. In X2, her main scene was deleted. In X3, she's barely visible. In DOFP, she was supposed to be part of the future team (I think played by Jamie Chung), but she got removed. And then in Apocalypse, she never had a huge role despite promotion pretending she did, but 90% of her few scenes were scrapped leaving her with I think only a minute of screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    spoilers:
    Blade
    end of spoilers is new. Was he ever mentioned before? This article says the trades confirm that James Marsden and Famke Janssen are returning. Also I wonder who Blake Lively is playing. This is the first I've heard of her involvement. Maybe she's being used for a meta easter egg or she could be playing an actual character.
    Nope, no trade has confirmed Marsden nor Famke. They've only been rumored by leakers.

Blake Lively is rumored to play Lady Deadpool.

But again, I caution everybody to take these "leaks" with a GIGANTIC grain of salt. Leakers are often lying or simply wrong. I remember the "leaks" from Multiverse of Madness and all those leakers had to backtrack once the movie was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Nope, no trade has confirmed Marsden nor Famke. They've only been rumored by leakers.

Blake Lively is rumored to play Lady Deadpool.

But again, I caution everybody to take these "leaks" with a GIGANTIC grain of salt. Leakers are often lying or simply wrong. I remember the "leaks" from Multiverse of Madness and all those leakers had to backtrack once the movie was out.
    That's what I thought that it seemed way too seen to confirm that several of these actors were back.

Lady Deadpool makes sense. I figured she'd be playing some meta character like that.

I heard with MoM, that one leaker was so widely spread and believed that he actually felt bad and admitted he had been lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Man, if D+ gave us spinoffs like 'X-Force', 'X-Factor Investigations', 'Mr & Mrs X' etc I would be a happy camper.
    I would too. Gen X and X-Factor investigations would be my choices. Plus more seasons of X-Men 97!

I would prefer X-Force to be a movie further down the line.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Maybe they're saving her for later like you said. I don't mind her not appearing immediately but I hope they aren't replacing her with Dazzler, particularly in terms of a group dynamic that has nothing to do with Dazzler in the comics.

Jubilee, like Kitty, kept getting endlessly recast. Kitty lucked out with a bigger role in X3 whereas Jubilee remains in the background. I feel bad for Jubilee though because I don't think any other character has been as unlucky as her in terms of X-Men movies.

She was the original choice for the Rogue role in the first X-Men movie. Apparently, movie execs learning she was actually Asian and not white is why she got replaced last minute. In X2, her main scene was deleted. In X3, she's barely visible. In DOFP, she was supposed to be part of the future team (I think played by Jamie Chung), but she got removed. And then in Apocalypse, she never had a huge role despite promotion pretending she did, but 90% of her few scenes were scrapped leaving her with I think only a minute of screentime.
    A lot of this is news for me. I'd actually totally forgotten she even was in Apocalypse. I don't even remember her cameos in the earlier films...think I vaguely remembered seeing her in X1?

Jubilee is a character I mostly associate with the TAS (and now X-men '97), since I don't think she's ever had the same kind of pop-cultural impact beyond it. All the other 90's X-men from that show have at least one other well-known adaptation - okay, that's maybe stretching it in Gambit's case, but he did appear in Origins and for the longest time had a solo movie in development hell. Jubilee is kind of a well-known name because of the cartoon but doesn't really have much of an impact on the larger franchise.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I would too. Gen X and X-Factor investigations would be my choices. Plus more seasons of X-Men 97!

I would prefer X-Force to be a movie further down the line.
    I have to wonder if Marvel Studios will be able to put out shows or movies using the "X-Factor" name or if whatever studio owns the rights to the talent show will prevent that.

A lot of this is news for me. I'd actually totally forgotten she even was in Apocalypse. I don't even remember her cameos in the earlier films...think I vaguely remembered seeing her in X1?

Jubilee is a character I mostly associate with the TAS (and now X-men '97), since I don't think she's ever had the same kind of pop-cultural impact beyond it. All the other 90's X-men from that show have at least one other well-known adaptation - okay, that's maybe stretching it in Gambit's case, but he did appear in Origins and for the longest time had a solo movie in development hell. Jubilee is kind of a well-known name because of the cartoon but doesn't really have much of an impact on the larger franchise.
    In X1, she only stands out because of her bright yellow trenchcoat. Below is a shot of her, Rogue, and Kitty together during Storm's class. She's mostly in the background because there was a deleted scene that was an extended version of this which focused on Jubilee more.

Jubilee really suffered from being demoted from the X-Men to Generation X. TAS kept her relevant for the rest of the decade but being off the X-Men team for so long meant she wasn't first choice anymore for new adaptations. The movie using her as the main POV character was based off of goodwill towards the success of the show and had she kept that role, probably she'd still be in the big leagues. That didn't happen, so she was relegated to side roles like in X-Men: Evolution and in future films. It also didn't help that Kitty had returned to the X-Men during that time in the comics and now she was getting a boost from appearing in other media. I've heard that Kitty was only given a bigger role in X3 because her time in X-Men Evolution made her so popular. Otherwise, Kitty was another character who had nearly fallen into obscurity because she had no presence in the main X-Books in the 90s or TAS.

Astonishing Member

In X1, she only stands out because of her bright yellow trenchcoat. Below is a shot of her, Rogue, and Kitty together during Storm's class. She's mostly in the background because there was a deleted scene that was an extended version of this which focused on Jubilee more.

Jubilee really suffered from being demoted from the X-Men to Generation X. TAS kept her relevant for the rest of the decade but being off the X-Men team for so long meant she wasn't first choice anymore for new adaptations. The movie using her as the main POV character was based off of goodwill towards the success of the show and had she kept that role, probably she'd still be in the big leagues. That didn't happen, so she was relegated to side roles like in X-Men: Evolution and in future films. It also didn't help that Kitty had returned to the X-Men during that time in the comics and now she was getting a boost from appearing in other media. I've heard that Kitty was only given a bigger role in X3 because her time in X-Men Evolution made her so popular. Otherwise, Kitty was another character who had nearly fallen into obscurity because she had no presence in the main X-Books in the 90s or TAS.
    Yeah, I got started on the X-men with Evolution, so Kitty has always been more familiar to me than Jubilee and I loved seeing her in X3 and DOFP. Incidentially, I think Jubilee was barely a presence in Evolution - she was a background character along with most of the other New Mutants, and I guess her only significant role was in the 'Joyride' episode of Season 2?

I guess Jubilee displaced Kitty as the X-men's resident teen character for TAS, but post-TAS she went into relative obscurity while Kitty experienced a revival owing to Evolution that saw her make it to the films and an enhanced role in the comics.

When they marketed her appearance in Apocalypse, I somehow got the feeling that the 'First Class' series was moving in the direction of gradually assembling the 90's team in time for the 90's set film (that eventually became Dark Pheonix). It would have been do-able I suppose - they had Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Wolverine and Jubilee in play. All they needed was a recast Gambit. Rogue would have been a lot trickier due to timeline issues, so maybe they'd have skipped her?

But ultimately, Jubilee was a glorified cameo at best, Wolverine didn't show up in DP because Jackman was done with the role at that point, and they never bothered with Gambit.

Yeah, I got started on the X-men with Evolution, so Kitty has always been more familiar to me than Jubilee and I loved seeing her in X3 and DOFP. Incidentially, I think Jubilee was barely a presence in Evolution - she was a background character along with most of the other New Mutants, and I guess her only significant role was in the 'Joyride' episode of Season 2?

I guess Jubilee displaced Kitty as the X-men's resident teen character for TAS, but post-TAS she went into relative obscurity while Kitty experienced a revival owing to Evolution that saw her make it to the films and an enhanced role in the comics.

When they marketed her appearance in Apocalypse, I somehow got the feeling that the 'First Class' series was moving in the direction of gradually assembling the 90's team in time for the 90's set film (that eventually became Dark Pheonix). It would have been do-able I suppose - they had Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Wolverine and Jubilee in play. All they needed was a recast Gambit. Rogue would have been a lot trickier due to timeline issues, so maybe they'd have skipped her?

But ultimately, Jubilee was a glorified cameo at best, Wolverine didn't show up in DP because Jackman was done with the role at that point, and they never bothered with Gambit.
    Evolution was Kitty's first big push in more than a decade. If her popularity was down so much, I wonder what prompted them to add her to the show but I'm glad they did.
    It's crazy to think that without that show, she may never have been relaunched as a character and included in future films. I barely remember Jubilee in Evolution as well. Iceman got the most screentime from the New Mutants and was the only one treated like more or less an official X-Man. Magma probably got the second most amount of screentime from the new kids. One issue I had with Jubilee was because they gave her generic long hair, she often resembled Magma so I would get the two mixed up. I guess they were afraid short hair would make her look too much like Boom Boom who also had a big role and so basically supplanted Jubilee.

Looking at the different X-Men movie scripts that were coming out over the years is also a good track of which female character was most popular and closely associated with the team. The X-Men movie scripts from the 80s to early 90s all featured Kitty as the POV character. That was changing over to Jubilee by the mid-90s and only in the final X-Men movie script, was she swapped out for Rogue. Meanwhile Kitty's newfound popularity in the 2000s is why she was considered for a spinoff film. Even Rogue never got that treatment.

Honestly, I don't think Jubilee was ever going to come into play in the new movies. Apocalypse only used her because of the 80s setting and then she didn't appear at all in Dark Phoenix from what I can remember. Gambit was still waiting on his solo movie which was in development hell for years so they wouldn't introduce him in the X-Men without Channing Tatum's movie first. Rogue was the one who was hurt by timeline issues so she was never considered.

Astonishing Member

Evolution was Kitty's first big push in more than a decade. If her popularity was down so much, I wonder what prompted them to add her to the show but I'm glad they did.
    It's crazy to think that without that show, she may never have been relaunched as a character and included in future films. I barely remember Jubilee in Evolution as well. Iceman got the most screentime from the New Mutants and was the only one treated like more or less an official X-Man. Magma probably got the second most amount of screentime from the new kids. One issue I had with Jubilee was because they gave her generic long hair, she often resembled Magma so I would get the two mixed up. I guess they were afraid short hair would make her look too much like Boom Boom who also had a big role and so basically supplanted Jubilee.

Looking at the different X-Men movie scripts that were coming out over the years is also a good track of which female character was most popular and closely associated with the team. The X-Men movie scripts from the 80s to early 90s all featured Kitty as the POV character. That was changing over to Jubilee by the mid-90s and only in the final X-Men movie script, was she swapped out for Rogue. Meanwhile Kitty's newfound popularity in the 2000s is why she was considered for a spinoff film. Even Rogue never got that treatment.

Honestly, I don't think Jubilee was ever going to come into play in the new movies. Apocalypse only used her because of the 80s setting and then she didn't appear at all in Dark Phoenix from what I can remember. Gambit was still waiting on his solo movie which was in development hell for years so they wouldn't introduce him in the X-Men without Channing Tatum's movie first. Rogue was the one who was hurt by timeline issues so she was never considered.
    I dunno how they came to include Kitty in Evolution...will definitely be worth looking up! My guess is that since they were doing a teenage X-men show, and Kitty had been one of the most prominent 'teenage X-men' in the comics, they decided to include her.

Kitty as the POV character in the 80's scripts makes perfect sense since she was such a big focus in the comics back then. The 'Pryde of the X-men' cartoon pilot also featured her. In fact, I think I remember reading somewhere that Kitty's presence in the failed pilot was a major reason why she was replaced with Jubilee in the 90's cartoon (that, and Jubilee was new so they wanted to push her, as well as Gambit). Kitty ended up not appearing in TAS at all, one of the few (only?) major X-men characters not to even get a cameo on that show.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

the talk now online is the writer for reboot will be announced soon… that falls in line with the winter 2025 start of production date…

:-)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Can't wait to see who's going to handle the x-men next

DanielRPK
    Marvel Studios is happy with 'X-Men 97' and they want to do as many seasons as possible. The plan would be for the seasons to follow one another so that there is very little waiting time between each season.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    DanielRPK
    Marvel Studios is happy with 'X-Men 97' and they want to do as many seasons as possible. The plan would be for the seasons to follow one another so that there is very little waiting time between each season.
    all we need is a video game now
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    all we need is a video game now

We will have Insomniac X-Men in 2030.
    The same studio that makes Wolverine.

I am sure that gameplay will be great but I am afraid about story. Wolverine game leak story was really bad.

I played only Miles Morales game from insonmiac and story and main villain was very stupid with very boring and not alive main character.

So I would prefer different studios to make different X projects instead of all x rights for sony and insomniac.