Page 288 of 288 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 4320
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s a good point. So long as he’s old enough to have been around in WWII and has all that backstory, I suppose it’s not too far afield of what they did in the original Ultimate U. Where him getting the adamantium via Weapon X was a fairly recent event.

Another benefit is that it would make Weapon X very much a present day outfit, again like the Ultimate U in the comics, versus something that existed in the past.
    True. In fact, I'm hoping that Weapon X is a going concern in the present-day MCU as well, and something that possibly Mr. Sinister is tied up with.

And as I think I've established, Weapon X was pretty recent for Wolverine at the time he joined the X-men even in 616 canon.

If you consider Logan getting the adamantium to be his 'origin story' as Wolverine, it actually makes perfect sense for it to be something that happens in the MCU's present or relatively recent past. Much like how Peter had only recently become Spider-Man when he showed up in Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    True. In fact, I'm hoping that Weapon X is a going concern in the present-day MCU as well, and something that possibly Mr. Sinister is tied up with.

And as I think I've established, Weapon X was pretty recent for Wolverine at the time he joined the X-men even in 616 canon.

If you consider Logan getting the adamantium to be his 'origin story' as Wolverine, it actually makes perfect sense for it to be something that happens in the MCU's present or relatively recent past. Much like how Peter had only recently become Spider-Man when he showed up in Civil War.
    Yeah, I suppose now that you put it that way it could work fine. Sometimes as a longtime fan I have a tendency to overthink these things, but you make some solid points as to why this would work in the MCU and even why it could be better to have Weapon X running around as a present day threat. With Sinister’s involvement too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    For the MCU take on X-men, I'd start with Apocalypse. Apocalypse starts setting the world against each other because of his survival of the fittest ideology.

He would feel the most alien like of the big X-men villians because of his design and worldview. It would start to turn the world against superpowered beings laying the groundwork for the Brotherhood, Friends of Humanity, Trask and Sentinels etc.
    I think he is too big to start with. They need someone who is really scary to normal humans. My choice has always been Proteus. With his reality altering powers and the way he possesses then burns out normal bodies he would scare the hell out of normal humans. Imagine him possesed someone famous then people see him burn that body out on live TV. It would definitely make people hate and fear mutants. Plus him breaking loose and causing a major event would force the mutants to reveal themselves to the public.

Yeah definitely build to Apocalypse. He could and should be a Thanos level Big Bad.

I still say a human should be the first antagonist for MCU X-Men to drive home the central idea of “protecting a world that fears and hates them”. Graydon Creed and the Friends of Humanity as a paramilitary group would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think he is too big to start with. They need someone who is really scary to normal humans. My choice has always been Proteus. With his reality altering powers and the way he possesses then burns out normal bodies he would scare the hell out of normal humans. Imagine him possesed someone famous then people see him burn that body out on live TV. It would definitely make people hate and fear mutants. Plus him breaking loose and causing a major event would force the mutants to reveal themselves to the public.
    Proteus would make for a great onscreen villain. His powers are just cinematic gold(though they would come at a high co$t!), and yes, the body shriveling effect would be very scary! Not sure about him being the first villain, but I definitely would love to see him at some point.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Proteus would make for a great onscreen villain. His powers are just cinematic gold(though they would come at a high co$t!), and yes, the body shriveling effect would be very scary! Not sure about him being the first villain, but I definitely would love to see him at some point.
    Proteus, Arcade and Mojo are all on my wishlist too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Yeah definitely build to Apocalypse. He could and should be a Thanos level Big Bad.

I still say a human should be the first antagonist for MCU X-Men to drive home the central idea of “protecting a world that fears and hates them”. Graydon Creed and the Friends of Humanity as a paramilitary group would be great.
    I'm a bit torn on this subject. I kinda want Mr. Sinister as the Big Bad of the first reboot movie, but I also want to touch upon the human vs. mutant conflict and I don't think Mr. Sinister necessarily slots in very well there. But if we throw in Grayson Creed and the FoH I suppose we can cover all bases.

(I've been been rewatching the TAS Season 2 two-part premiere, so I kinda have Sinister and Creed both on my mind right now ).

I don't think they should start with Apocalypse, not just because he's 'too big' but also because we've already had him in the Fox series and I'd prefer they go with a villain who hasn't been seen on film (or had a major role in it yet).

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I'm a bit torn on this subject. I kinda want Mr. Sinister as the Big Bad of the first reboot movie, but I also want to touch upon the human vs. mutant conflict and I don't think Mr. Sinister necessarily slots in very well there. But if we throw in Grayson Creed and the FoH I suppose we can cover all bases.

(I've been been rewatching the TAS Season 2 two-part premiere, so I kinda have Sinister and Creed both on my mind right now ).

I don't think they should start with Apocalypse, not just because he's 'too big' but also because we've already had him in the Fox series and I'd prefer they go with a villain who hasn't been seen on film (or had a major role in it yet).
    I’ll take Sinister too. Maybe there’s a way where they can use both him and Creed, sort of like how 97 just did with Sinister being in cahoots with Trask and the other human villains.

I just hope that when we see Sinister, they make him scary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Maybe but i think he would lead to the hate and fear them status quo better.

Alexander Siddig of Deep Space Nine mentioned US perception of Arab americans changed because of 9/11. So i figured "mutant equality" would be in fits and starts and suffer setbacks from time to time. The MCU is four phases in and a decade + Iron Man's initial introduction.

I felt a bigger shakeup would be needed.

Hmm... not Prof X... maybe Magneto?

THE BOYS And THE MANDALORIAN Actor Giancarlo Esposito Has Joined The MCU - But Not As Professor X
    https://comicbookmovie.com/marvel-st...0793#gs.8ugsm2

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

THE BOYS And THE MANDALORIAN Actor Giancarlo Esposito Has Joined The MCU - But Not As Professor X
    I don't know how to feel about a Magneto who's not a holocaust surviver.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still think an anti-mutant human character with technology would be a good first villain.

Cameron Hodge and his Right soldiers with the scorpion tank body for the final battle
    Pierce /Reavers
    Trask/Sentinels

2nd) Sinister - hasnt been seen on the big screen -Could be a way for Gambit to be introduced?
    3rd ) Magneto -for upping the stakes and the marquee factor

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I don't know how to feel about a Magneto who's not a holocaust surviver.
    He might still be a holocaust survivor. And I don't know that he's even playing Magneto, just throwing it out there as a random guess.

Might be the Beyonder.

He's playing a new and original character.. hmmm.

https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/st...06721403269168