Page 263 of 288 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4310

It’s not. That’s just you. Gets yelled quite often at every NFL, SEC or NBA sporting event I’ve been to recently. Still relevant. Still fun. I like fun.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I wonder if the cowl is meant to make him resistant to Cassandra's mind control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    For some reason, Wolverine swearing feels like a kid that just discovered bad words trying to be cool.

It looks like the same old performance we've been seeing for 25 years from Jackman and more bad meme humor. Pretty much what I expected.
    That's kind of to be expected, though? I don't think he's swearing in a way that's out-of-character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if the cowl is meant to make him resistant to Cassandra's mind control.

That's kind of to be expected, though? I don't think he's swearing in a way that's out-of-character.
    I can see that. The movies are what first established that Magneto's helmet is resistant to telepathy.

If anyone went into this not liking Deadpool's brand of humor or wanting Wolverine to be played differently than how Hugh has played him for 24 years... they're probably just not going to enjoy this film. So I'm in "agree to disagree" and move on from those with the quickness mode at this point. *shrugs*

Bring this **** on and let's f***ing go.

I'm not a fan of Deadpool and his brand of vulgar humor but I can stomach him for Wolverine.

I love that the trailer specifically pointed out that Wolverine is "the X-Man." That's so true.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Nate Grey is the X-Man. Wolverine is Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Nate Grey is the X-Man. Wolverine is Wolverine
    Nate Grey is thuh X-man. Wolverine is the X-man. It's a subtle distinction, but it's there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I don't know where I read that the whole Wolverine sleeves thing was because Hugh Jackman had skin cancer and it's dangerous for him to be exposed to the sun.

But take it with a grain of salt because I don't know if it's true.
    He did actualy battle skin cancer, though apparently most cases were on his nose.

However it still would make sense that he would prefer to limit exposure, especially when filming in a desert environment. Essentialy a win/win situation. He can cover his arms for a longer time during filming and the viewers will eventualy get the "ripped of sleeves" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I'm not a fan of Deadpool and his brand of vulgar humor but I can stomach him for Wolverine.

I love that the trailer specifically pointed out that Wolverine is "the X-Man." That's so true.
    For better or worse regarding the movies.

Looking back, one of the things X-men Evolution did really well in my opinion was to use Wolverine more sparingly. Which benefited both him and the rest of the cast.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-22-2024 at 03:58 PM.

I'm betting when we get the MCU X-men finally that's precisely what they'll do. Like the new cartoon. Wolverine will be used sparingly, and many will cheer. Good things come to those who wait.

For now, though... I'm taking a victory lap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm betting when we get the MCU X-men finally that's precisely what they'll do. Like the new cartoon. Wolverine will be used sparingly, and many will cheer. Good things come to those who wait.

Didn't he allready had a victory lap?

Okay, admittedly more crossing a finish line than a victory. Since nobody really won, but Logan at least got some kind of conclusion.

Then again if that variant of Wolverine is going to get happy end thanks to his adventure with Wade, it creates a sort of multiple choice situation for the viewer where they can chose which ends fits him better. Especially since Logan allready felt like a "what if" future, rather than a definitive for him and the X-men.

Somewhat like getting the bad end in a video game, reloading the save game and going for the good or golden one instead.

Infact there are some games (often japanese) where the bad end is the default and the player is encouraged to replay the game (sometimes multiple times) to reach the best one.

Wolverine is only character we can be sure will have his own movie.

I don't even know if Cyclops will be on the MCU, for all we know Feige can decide to go with a completely different set of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    For better or worse regarding the movies.

Looking back, one of the things X-men Evolution did really well in my opinion was to use Wolverine more sparingly. Which benefited both him and the rest of the cast.
    Yes, I think the show was better off for that too. It helped that the show mostly focused on the teens so it was easy to not highlight Wolverine so much even if Storm suffered as a result.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Wolverine is only character we can be sure will have his own movie.

I don't even know if Cyclops will be on the MCU, for all we know Feige can decide to go with a completely different set of characters.
    Yeah our boy never gets the love and respect he rightfully deserves.

I think that depends more on audience feedback. Spider-Man and Black Panther were well received in Civil War which helped keep the spotlight on them. If Wolverine is still Hugh Jackman after Secret Wars, I can't see him being downplayed unless that's what he agrees to. Similarly, if we get a new Wolverine and he becomes very popular with audiences, I don't think he'll be cast out because they'll wan to keep him around. I don't think he'll be used sparingly as much as there'll be more of a team balance like the Avengers movies had. Iron Man was the most popular but the other characters got their due as well like Cap, Widow, Hulk, Thor, etc.

BANNED

I don't think it's out of character at all. It's just the execution and delivery. It felt more natural coming out of Reynolds, for whatever that's worth. It just feels tryhard here.

I'm also someone who thinks Deadpool is basically just lolrandom meets edgelord humor and I just don't find much of it funny. Like, those movies will always have a line of two that get a laugh out of me, but I just find the whole thing kind of corny.

I also have reservations about trying to do any sort of serious story with a character who's gimmick is constantly taking you out of the movie by pointing out that it isn't real. It's a little too Bugs Bunny for me.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 04-22-2024 at 04:57 PM.