Page 126 of 292 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4368
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Almost certainly the reason was that Jackman hadn't officially signed

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Almost certainly the reason was that Jackman hadn't officially signed
    The script should have been finished by then though.

I've seen some speculation that the movie might end up being a proper swan song for the Fox-verse before we get the MCU X-Men, so I wonder how accurate that might end up being.

I'm really ready for a new cast tbh. Sadly, seeing Jackman again doesn't really excites me at this point. Xavier in Doctor Strange 2 was awkward and uninspired. King Pin in Hawkware was soooo cringe (the MCU ruined the character in five minutes)...so what will we really get when we have Wolverine in another Deadpool movie? Silly humor about Wolverines asshole?

I also feel like Jackman did what he could with the role at this point. What else can you do with the character Wolverine...Humor and slapstick, I guess, is what they haven't really done with character yet.

whatevs....not a fan of the Deadpool movies, so I'm not really here for this news. I would only be here for it if they reveal that they will do an adaptation of the Dark Angel Saga or something else with substance and an actual PLOT!

Marvel really lost me with its bad take on comedies without plot.
    Last edited by Exodus; 09-27-2022 at 10:47 PM.

I don’t know how to feel

I love Hugh and everything he put into the character

But I am ready for a new Wolverine.

Featuring Hugh again as a lead makes it harder for them to recast favourably in the public eye going forward.

Maybe if it leads into Secret Wars featuring a multiversal team made up of old Marvel movie heroes (Hugh’s Wolvie, Toby’s Spidey, Eric Bana’s Hulk, Snipes’ Blade etc) it could be enough for people

I know some people are adamant that they just go straight to Laura, but even Logan deserves better than most of what FOX gave him

Hopefully it’s good. I wasn’t a fan of the second Deadpool, but we’ll see. I’m worried Wolverine will just be associated with Deadpool going forward which would suck.

"Logan deserves better than most of what FOX gave him"?

What else does Logan deserve? He was lead in all movies, was the main character in some of the best comicbook movies of all time (Days of Future Past & Logan), was brilliantly cast, etc.?

I don't think Wolverine deserves more...he actually deserves less: He deserve to be a team player in an ensemble cast. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don’t know how to feel

I love Hugh and everything he put into the character

But I am ready for a new Wolverine.

Featuring Hugh again as a lead makes it harder for them to recast favourably in the public eye going forward.

Maybe if it leads into Secret Wars featuring a multiversal team made up of old Marvel movie heroes (Hugh’s Wolvie, Toby’s Spidey, Eric Bana’s Hulk, Snipes’ Blade etc) it could be enough for people

I know some people are adamant that they just go straight to Laura, but even Logan deserves better than most of what FOX gave him

Hopefully it’s good. I wasn’t a fan of the second Deadpool, but we’ll see. I’m worried Wolverine will just be associated with Deadpool going forward which would suck.
    A MCU film seemed more ideal than another Deadpool film. But I wouldn't mind seeing a X-Force team. Have they already announced the name of the film yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

What else does Logan deserve? He was lead in all movies, was the main character in some of the best comicbook movies of all time (Days of Future Past & Logan), was brilliantly cast, etc.?

I don't think Wolverine deserves more...he actually deserves less: He deserve to be a team player in an ensemble cast. lol
    I mean the first three, particularly the third film was awful. Origins wasn't too bad but most fans didn't liked it. Despite all that Jackman's acting was out of the roof. Maybe not Wolverine but Jackman certainly deserves more than what Fox gave him

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

More screen time doesn’t equate to good screen time, or a particularly great adaptation of a character.

At no point did I say he should be the lead character in an X-Men film, or should take away any body else’s screen time. Literally just saying there is potential for a better Wolverine adaptation and casting out there.

He’s a great character, and FOX honestly only scratched the surface with him

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    A MCU film seemed more ideal than another Deadpool film. But I wouldn't mind seeing a X-Force team. Have they already announced the name of the film yet?
    Nope, still Deadpool 3 at the moment

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Nope, still Deadpool 3 at the moment
    The title certainly says that it is a mostly a Deadpool film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen some speculation that the movie might end up being a proper swan song for the Fox-verse before we get the MCU X-Men, so I wonder how accurate that might end up being.
    I think Secret Wars might be. Kevin Feige tried to get a crossover between Hugh's Wolverine and Tobey's Spider-Man back in the day. Now is his chance.

Astonishing Member

I have to be honest. I'm more happy that the third Deadpool movie is actualy happening, than that Jackman is playing Wolverine again in it.

The character under that actor allready has run his course and got a well liked ending. So in my opinion it would make more sense to finaly pick a new actor for a new version.

Hopefully his inclusion won't steal too much time from other characters people grew to like in the Deadpool movies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Makes you wonder why they didn't reveal all of this at D23.
    Maybe they had to wait a bit longer for Jackman to confirm that he can and wants to get back into the Logan shape, considering the health problems he had in recent time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Funny enough the Deadpool "verse" of X-men movies is more or less it's own thing allready, fitting neither into the Fox-Men films nor the MCU and could very well keep existing as "backup setting" for X-men related movies. So there is little reason to actualy kill it off in favor of MCU X-men movies.

I just hope it doesn't harm the swan song for Wolverine that was Logan.

This announcement was huge yesterday and went over so well… just when I thought Feige had lost the plot too. I feel confident Jackman is sticking around for Kang Dynasty and/or Secret Wars as this Wolverine variant (Old Man Logan?). We’ll get to the new fresh-faced 616 Logan in the MCU at some point, but for now the GOAT is back and I freaking love it!!!

Finally feels like there’s something for me to care about in the MCU again. So there really is something for everyone.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Maybe they had to wait a bit longer for Jackman to confirm that he can and wants to get back into the Logan shape, considering the health problems he had in recent time.
    The script is already done. Kevin Feige had already talked to several of the OG X-Men back in 2019 when the merger was completed.