Page 127 of 275 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4114
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    The script should have been finished by then though.
    Yes, but they probably didn't want to announce "Hugh Jackman is back as Wolverine" before it was a done deal

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    The script is already done. Kevin Feige had already talked to several of the OG X-Men back in 2019 when the merger was completed.
    The script definitely was not done in 2019

From Ryan Reynolds…

Quick explainer video that tackles…
    1) Timeline questions
    2) Logan canon
    3) MCU FAQ
    4) Whether we can do this all day or not
    https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/...com-a197047%2F
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don’t know how to feel

I love Hugh and everything he put into the character

But I am ready for a new Wolverine.

Featuring Hugh again as a lead makes it harder for them to recast favourably in the public eye going forward.
    I agree with all this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The script definitely was not done in 2019
    I know. I'm just saying that there were talks about him returning all the way then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hugh stabbing Ryan in the head makes me think that they are adapting Messiah War.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don’t know how to feel

I love Hugh and everything he put into the character

But I am ready for a new Wolverine.

Featuring Hugh again as a lead makes it harder for them to recast favourably in the public eye going forward.

Maybe if it leads into Secret Wars featuring a multiversal team made up of old Marvel movie heroes (Hugh’s Wolvie, Toby’s Spidey, Eric Bana’s Hulk, Snipes’ Blade etc) it could be enough for people

I know some people are adamant that they just go straight to Laura, but even Logan deserves better than most of what FOX gave him

Hopefully it’s good. I wasn’t a fan of the second Deadpool, but we’ll see. I’m worried Wolverine will just be associated with Deadpool going forward which would suck.
    My belief is this is exactly where they’re headed. Don’t worry. It’ll be clear that Hugh’s Wolverine is a variant, so people will be fine when they recast. But this gives them an opportunity to give us the most beloved (and only) version of the character now in the MCU, and the ability to give us some things we’ve all wanted but never got in the FOX films (namely the costume, or costumes, and interaction with other MCU characters).

On the costume front, I’m hoping we get the yellow one (or some nod to it; think Logan’s ‘Here Comes Tomorrow’ look with the ripped yellow shirt and jeans, which would be a great look for this variant, especially if he’s an Old Man Logan type variant), but his functional costume should be the full gear with the cowl and everything and should either be the brown and tan or the black and gray X-Force costume (in the case of the latter that would make sense if Deadpool is also wearing the black and gray version of his costume that he had on in that teaser video actually).

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The title certainly says that it is a mostly a Deadpool film.
    That means nothing. The Marvels was originally announced as Captain Marvel 2, but it turns out Kamala and Monica will be just as much the stars of that film as Carol will be.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Funny enough the Deadpool "verse" of X-men movies is more or less it's own thing allready, fitting neither into the Fox-Men films nor the MCU and could very well keep existing as "backup setting" for X-men related movies. So there is little reason to actualy kill it off in favor of MCU X-men movies.

I just hope it doesn't harm the swan song for Wolverine that was Logan.
    I guess they could retroactively say that the Deadpool stuff has been in the MCU the whole time but I feel like they'll get really meta with it and use it to explain the transition to the MCU.
    This announcement was huge yesterday and went over so well… just when I thought Feige had lost the plot too. I feel confident Jackman is sticking around for Kang Dynasty and/or Secret Wars as this Wolverine variant (Old Man Logan?). We’ll get to the new fresh-faced 616 Logan in the MCU at some point, but for now the GOAT is back and I freaking love it!!!

Finally feels like there’s something for me to care about in the MCU again. So there really is something for everyone.
    I'm not sure if they'll lean into Old Man Logan...I think it'll be more or less a Wolverine in his Prime since that's usually what plays off Deadpool.
    My belief is this is exactly where they’re headed. Don’t worry. It’ll be clear that Hugh’s Wolverine is a variant, so people will be fine when they recast. But this gives them an opportunity to give us the most beloved (and only) version of the character now in the MCU, and the ability to give us some things we’ve all wanted but never got in the FOX films (namely the costume, or costumes, and interaction with other MCU characters).

On the costume front, I’m hoping we get the yellow one (or some nod to it; think Logan’s ‘Here Comes Tomorrow’ look with the ripped yellow shirt and jeans, which would be a great look for this variant, especially if he’s an Old Man Logan type variant), but his functional costume should be the full gear with the cowl and everything and should either be the brown and tan or the black and gray X-Force costume (in the case of the latter that would make sense if Deadpool is also wearing the black and gray version of his costume that he had on in that teaser video actually).
    I don't think they'll waste the opportunity to finally put Jackman in a comic-accurate costume.

I don’t think he’ll be Old Man Logan per se, just a variant along those lines… grumpy, from a different universe which is darker than the MCU… and will fill the same role that OML filled in the 2015 Secret Wars event. That being the “fish out of water” stranded in this reality.

With both the Deadpool movies and Logan being huge successes that made 600-700 million dollars at the box office, and this being a Marvel Studios production, do you think will make a billion dollars?
    Last edited by Gnostic; 09-28-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Ha. Easily. Judging by yesterday’s reaction across the internet and social media, it’ll be the biggest release since Spider-man: No Way Home. Even with the R-rating.

Feige giving the people what they want!

Highest grossing R Rated movie for sure.

This will be really, REALLY exciting if it is indeed an entry point for the X-Men to the MCU.

I'm sure we'll see some Fox X-Men in this, I hope some A listers, but what I really hope is for it to bring the new MCU version of the X-Men into play.... then it will be HUGE!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Shaw levy with Hugh and Ryan

Source Instagram Shw Levy