Page 178 of 278 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 4162

What if Vanessa becomes Copycat in this one, or some variant of her is Copycat? I could also see Matthew Macfadyen's character being TVA agent Garrison Kane, who ends up being a romantic rival for Vanessa's affection. That could be great IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    VERY happy about Deadpool 3, sucks about the rest, those Avengers delays are particularly nasty.

Double-sucks though if for whatever reason the X-Men reboot is tied to the end of the Multiverse Saga and needs Secret Wars to happen before it can launch... Unless they're delaying those to make room for the X-Men, in which case, I will happily wait if it means getting the mutants sooner rather than later LOL
    Apparently, there is going to be a mini-saga/phase after the Multiverse Saga called the Battleworld Saga. So I don't expect reboot to happen until the 2030s, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Apparently, there is going to be a mini-saga/phase after the Multiverse Saga called the Battleworld Saga. So I don't expect reboot to happen until the 2030s, at least.
    I really need to x-men to get a new cartoon or video game. At this point I'm not sure if I'll be alive by the time they get to characters or stories that I want to see in live action.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Once again, I'm 100% convinced that the reason we don't have any X-Men on the horizon is that Marvel has absolutely no idea what to do with them or how to fit in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Once again, I'm 100% convinced that the reason we don't have any X-Men on the horizon is that Marvel has absolutely no idea what to do with them or how to fit in the MCU.
    To be fair, it could be that, but it also could be another dozen things going on right now (Kang's actors legal stuff, the writer strike, the course correction base on the criticism of their recent projects). To be honest, the X-Men would probably have a better shot if they were being rebooted separate from a Universe that requires so much pre-planning and aligning.

With how connected the MCU is yeah, dropping mutants in midway would be difficult.
    I think they could do it if they adopted Morrisons run (at least parts of it) and have Cassandra Nova introduce mutants to the world as always having been there but hidden. They'd just have to adjust Xavier's dream a bit and not have millions of mutants, but it might be doable IMO.

I think they know how, but they don't want to do it right now since they would have to retread elements from the X-Men prequel. Kevin Feige said they don't what to do what has been done before.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 06-16-2023 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    With how connected the MCU is yeah, dropping mutants in midway would be difficult.
    I think they could do it if they adopted Morrisons run (at least parts of it) and have Cassandra Nova introduce mutants to the world as always having been there but hidden. They'd just have to adjust Xavier's dream a bit and not have millions of mutants, but it might be doable IMO.
    The problem is that would feel like a retread of both the X-Men prequels and several MCU projects.

I think they know how, but they don't want to do it right now since they would have to retread elements from the X-Men prequel. Kevin Feige they don't what to do what has been done before.
    I wonder if the desire to separate the MCU X-Men from the FoX-men will impact the team. An easy way to separate them would be to not use as many of the characters that Fox used, but Fox used a lot of the big characters and I can see MCU wanting to do the same.

The problem is that would feel like a retread of both the X-Men prequels and several MCU projects.
    That's true, but its weird to me that they wouldn't be jumping on the opportunity to use the X-men. They finally get complete control of one of their two biggest IPs and they aren't using it.

My guess is that they don't have an explanation as to where mutants where all this time and/or a way to set MCU X-Men from the Fox version easily. The "they have a lot of things going on" isn't really an argument, because they had years to come up with something and changed a lot of things during this time. It would make zero sense to not use the most popular IP from a company you spent billions to acquire and not use them nearly immediately,.or at least around the time of the F4. Or at least have a cartoon set in MCU to introduce you these characters to a new generation.

BANNED

My guess is that they don't have an explanation as to where mutants where all this time and/or a way to set MCU X-Men from the Fox version easily. The "they have a lot of things going on" isn't really an argument, because they had years to come up with something and changed a lot of things during this time. It would make zero sense to not use the most popular IP from a company you spent billions to acquire and not use them nearly immediately,.or at least around the time of the F4. Or at least have a cartoon set in MCU to introduce you these characters to a new generation.
    The two Snaps screwed with reality, sparking the creation of the X-Gene retroactively throughout the entire timeline.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    That's true, but its weird to me that they wouldn't be jumping on the opportunity to use the X-men. They finally get complete control of one of their two biggest IPs and they aren't using it.
    Probably because their current slate of projects was mostly mapped out before the Fox buyout was finalized and it would be too much trouble to rearrange things around the X-Men. Would you really want an X-Men project tacked on as an afterthought in the current phase anyway? We'd wind up with worse special effects than Ant-Man Quantamania.
    Last edited by Dipter; 06-15-2023 at 07:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

They don’t have to ‘rush’ the project, just freakin get started on something already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Probably because their current slate of projects was mapped out before the Fox buyout was finalized and it would be too much trouble to rearrange things around the X-Men. Would you really want an X-Men project tacked on as an afterthought in the current phase anyway? We'd wind up with worse special effects than Ant-Man Quantamania.
    Not really- Fantastic Four only became available when the Fox deal was done, they decided on a spin-off for Agatha and one for Vision after Wandavision was a bigger hit than expected, Thunderbolts was only announced after Black Widow was released, etc. According to some reports, they only decided to focus on Kang in the Avengers movies after seeing Majors performance in Loki

Not really- Fantastic Four only became available when the Fox deal was done, they decided on a spin-off for Agatha and one for Vision after Wandavision was a bigger hit than expected, Thunderbolts was only announced after Black Widow was released, etc. According to some reports, they only decided to focus on Kang in the Avengers movies after seeing Majors performance in Loki
    That last part is almost certainly inaccurate lol. Anyways, as I had edited my post to say: mostly mapped out. We know they can make some last minute additions, like Spider-Man back in 2016. They probably had a free space and ultimately decided to use it on Fantastic Four, because that's a more self-contained franchise with fewer characters. I imagine Marvel Studios views the X-Men as too big and potentially profitable of a brand to introduce via streaming series, especially since Disney's faith in their streaming service has been faltering recently. And I think they're too cynical to do something bold like greenlight an x-related spin-off show before the A-list team has had their debut.
    Last edited by Dipter; 06-15-2023 at 07:56 PM.