Page 256 of 288 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4310

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    That makes sense to me.

Also there's the danger of having audiences reject a new X-Men cast especially if Deadpool 3 is a success because of seeing the original cast again. And Marvel has no room for flops right now after their last few films and presumably their upcoming non-Deadpool films.
    That is basically what happened with the X-Men prequel cast. They were always ling in the original cast's show from the very start. One could argue that Days of Future Past made as much money as they did due to the original cast returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    That is basically what happened with the X-Men prequel cast. They were always ling in the original cast's show from the very start. One could argue that Days of Future Past made as much money as they did due to the original cast returning.
    Yes, the prequel cast never stuck with audiences. Not even with Fassbender and McAvoy and I think a large part of that problem was that so much of those characters revolved around JLaw...I mean Mystique. No one tunes into X-Men movies to watch Magneto and Xavier constantly fighting over which side JLaw is going to pick. I thought most of those prequel castings were pretty awful like I could never buy Nicholas Hoult as Beast.

I was not a fan of First Class. The fact that people have to justify it by saying it was a good movie, not a good X-Men movie but a good movie, shows how out of tune it is. DOFP was what restored my faith in the FoX-Men movies specifically because they brought back the original cast. Unfortunately, all that goodwill was lost by Apocalypse and I imagine a large part of that was that even if the film had been done well, it was never going to recreate the magic of the original films since this was a different cast.

I remember reading Famke Janssen say she thought after DOFP that the original cast would be called back to return but that never happened...as of yet anyway. Fox would have probably been more successful had they made an actual X-Men 4 and just dropped the prequel cast altogether. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the rumors and leaks for Deadpool 3 haven't even once indicated any of the prequel actors are returning. There's just no interest.

Yes, the prequel cast never stuck with audiences. Not even with Fassbender and McAvoy and I think a large part of that problem was that so much of those characters revolved around JLaw...I mean Mystique. No one tunes into X-Men movies to watch Magneto and Xavier constantly fighting over which side JLaw is going to pick. I thought most of those prequel castings were pretty awful like I could never buy Nicholas Hoult as Beast.

I was not a fan of First Class. The fact that people have to justify it by saying it was a good movie, not a good X-Men movie but a good movie, shows how out of tune it is. DOFP was what restored my faith in the FoX-Men movies specifically because they brought back the original cast. Unfortunately, all that goodwill was lost by Apocalypse and I imagine a large part of that was that even if the film had been done well, it was never going to recreate the magic of the original films since this was a different cast.

I remember reading Famke Janssen say she thought after DOFP that the original cast would be called back to return but that never happened...as of yet anyway. Fox would have probably been more successful had they made an actual X-Men 4 and just dropped the prequel cast altogether. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the rumors and leaks for Deadpool 3 haven't even once indicated any of the prequel actors are returning. There's just no interest.
    Lauren Shuler Donner did mentioned that they planned on eventually doing X4 and X5 back when First Class came out. The prequel series was originally suppose to be a trilogy that ends with Days of Future Past and then a sequel series with the original cast was suppose to happen afterwards. But Fox wanted to make a shared universe like the MCU after the success of the Avengers. So they rushed to Days of Future Past and expanded the prequel series.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-19-2024 at 08:26 PM.

Lauren Shuler Donner did mentioned that they planned on eventually doing X4 and X5 back when First Class came out. The prequel series was originally suppose to be a trilogy that ends with Days of Future Past and then a sequel series with the original cast was suppose to happen afterwards. But Fox wanted to make a shared universe like the MCU after the success of the Avengers. So they rushed to Days of Future Past and expanded the prequel series.
    It sounds like they committed the same cardinal sin that WB/DC did which was rush to copy a cinematic universe before audiences are invested in the actual characters. If they had to rush to do anything, I don't know why they didn't just scrap more prequel films after DOFP and just skip straight to a sequel series. They seemed to learn the opposite lesson and boy did they pay for it.

It sounds like they committed the same cardinal sin that WB/DC did which was rush to copy a cinematic universe before audiences are invested in the actual characters. If they had to rush to do anything, I don't know why they didn't just scrap more prequel films after DOFP and just skip straight to a sequel series. They seemed to learn the opposite lesson and boy did they pay for it.
    My guess is that Fox wanted a younger and cheaper cast. Honestly, I think they should have just introduced new characters like Rachel Summers if that was the case. That's what Chris Claremont suggested.

My guess is that Fox wanted a younger and cheaper cast. Honestly, I think they should have just introduced new characters like Rachel Summers if that was the case. That's what Chris Claremont suggested.
    I would have liked to have seen Rachel lead a new cast. They could have still had Wolverine around and maybe a select few X-Men they want to keep while leaving the rest offscreen. Maybe leave the X-Mansion setting for something new like the Outback base or Savage Land.

I hope they have a new X-Men cast after Secret Wars but seeing how live action Cyclops always takes Ls, it wouldn't shock me if they forgoe the opportunity to do him right smh

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That makes sense to me.

Also there's the danger of having audiences reject a new X-Men cast especially if Deadpool 3 is a success because of seeing the original cast again. And Marvel has no room for flops right now after their last few films and presumably their upcoming non-Deadpool films.
    Besides Hugh which Fox-Men made enough of an impact to be missed? Stewart sure but the man is 83 and Xavier took up WAY to much space in the Fox-Men movies anyway. It the same with most of the original cast in fan favorites like Grammer are 70 and McKellan is 84 The rest of the original cast no one cared about. The First Class crew had no stand outs since the movie were so focused on McAvoy, Lawrence, Jackman, and Fastbender. No one cares about the rest except the die hards and most of their movies were horrible. I know someone will say "well McAvoy and Fastbender can come back the audience likes them" and again I say I want an X-MEN movie not another Xavier and Magneto featuring the X-Men movie.

I know there are some died hard Fox-Men fans, but I think the vast majority of people would just rather see Marvel start from scratch when tehy bring them into the MCU regardless of what goes on in Deadpool 3. Let is be the final swan song for that whole messy era and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The rest of the original cast no one cared about.
    You're saying Nightcrawler, Pyro, and Mystique weren't stand outs in the original trilogy? Mystque was so popular that they made her a major character in the prequel series and that was before JLaw became famous.

I know there are some died hard Fox-Men fans, but I think the vast majority of people would just rather see Marvel start from scratch when tehy bring them into the MCU regardless of what goes on in Deadpool 3.
    Based on what? The MCU had two flops last year and ratings for their shows are going down. The majority of people seem to be losing interest in the MCU.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-20-2024 at 11:40 AM.

I know there are some died hard Fox-Men fans, but I think the vast majority of people would just rather see Marvel start from scratch when tehy bring them into the MCU regardless of what goes on in Deadpool 3. Let is be the final swan song for that whole messy era and move on.
    I think you're conflating the majority of people wanting to see the X-men in the MCU with the majority of people wanting to see them start over and recast everybody. The former? Yeah, 100%. With regards to the latter? Not so sure about that. Seems pretty mixed.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

You're saying Nightcrawler, Pyro, and Mystique weren't stand outs in the original trilogy? Mystque was so popular that they made her a major character in the prequel series and that was before JLaw became famous.

Based on what? The MCU had two flops last year and ratings for their shows are going down. The majority of people seem to be losing interest in the MCU.
    I don't think there is any nostalgia for Pyro. I don't think he's wrong when he says that most of the nostalgia for the Fox Men is for Hugh's Wolverine and Stewart's Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I don't think there is any nostalgia for Pyro. I don't think he's wrong when he says that most of the nostalgia for the Fox Men is for Hugh's Wolverine and Stewart's Xavier
    I would argue that most of the nostalgia is also there for Deadpool as well.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think you're conflating the majority of people wanting to see the X-men in the MCU with the majority of people wanting to see them start over and recast everybody. The former? Yeah, 100%. With regards to the latter? Not so sure about that. Seems pretty mixed.
    Seriously though who would they want back besides Jackman? The originals are too old and the First Class characters are forgettable. No one is clamoring to see more Ty Sheridan as Cyclops, Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, or Kodi Smit-Mcphee as Nightcrawler. I think the only First Class X-Man that probably has any fans is Alexandra Shipp as Storm. There are just too many duds in that class to not just start over fresh with actors Marvel chooses not tied to anything that came before in those sloppy ass written Fox movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Would Marvel really want to build their X-Men on actors over 50-60s years old? I mean, there is a lot of mutants to uses, but I really don't see as wise to put Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Wolverine, etc as older heroes just for nostalgia of movies made over 20 years ago.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Seriously though who would they want back besides Jackman? The originals are too old and the First Class characters are forgettable. No one is clamoring to see more Ty Sheridan as Cyclops, Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, or Kodi Smit-Mcphee as Nightcrawler. I think the only First Class X-Man that probably has any fans is Alexandra Shipp as Storm. There are just too many duds in that class to not just start over fresh with actors Marvel chooses not tied to anything that came before in those sloppy ass written Fox movies.

the first class shouldn’t return.. but even the biggest FoX-Men hater in the world (myself) will concede the og actors deserve one film with a mcu aesthetic. but i definitely want a rebooted franchise yesterday
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.